🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Phoebe Rose,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Sir, I tried a lot to make my profile public but my profile is still private. Please public set into my profile and Thank you very much.

my profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f2ba3ac663c66694

Hi Noman,

I checked and I can confirm that your profile's visibility is already set to public. You can check your profile's visibility by going to Settings > Profile Settings

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am facing this issue as well, when ever I try to trun on my availibility badge, it shows me this message

Screenshot 2022-11-09 095255.png

Please help me out in this situatuion.

Hi Arshad Ali,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. You may log in and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks alot

Dear Sir, I tried a lot to make my profile public, but my profile is still private. Please public set into my profile and thank you very much.

Hi Shumaila,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. My profile is private and I cannot change it to public. Can you help me with this, please? Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarina,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
bebe51d0
Community Member

Thank you
9a716d1b
Community Member

Hey! I hope that you are well. But, I am not. I face some problems. when clients hire me or message me or invite me for interviews, I received it after a long time,

Example:

one Client pick me now

I received it a minimum of 6 hours later

please solve this problem and help me get more job

Thank you

Abdul Malek

kris005
Community Member

Hello guys, I have just win my first project on the Platform through a direct invite. However, my visibilty badge is on PRIVATE mode and when I tried to reset it back to PUBLIC mode it does work. What should I do now being that I want to continue applying for more tasks.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d34b9970
Community Member

Good day everyone, my visibility is locked please I want it to be open 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abass,

~Andrea
Upwork
39dd6130
Community Member

Hello, could you help change my visibility to public? thanks

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anne,

~Andrea
Upwork
2677521e
Community Member

Hello!

My account's viability has been set to private so I can't turn on the availability badge. Will a client be able to respond and interview me if I keep on sending proposals? 

I need to know so I won't waste my connects. 

Thanks,

Hannat.

Hello Hannat,

This has happened to me before. You don't need to worry; you will not lose your connects. Clients are able to see your profile and respond to your bids even when your profile is set to private. The only difference is that when they search for a freelancer, your profile will not come up in the search results.
I hope this helps,
Sylwia

Oh oh!

Thank you so much, Sylwia.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannat,

~Andrea
Upwork
doneza20
Community Member

My profile has been set to private locked. I already requested yesterday to kindly set it to public. The email says to wait within 4 hours. It's been 19 hours ago but it hasn't changed yet. I already sent another request a few minutes ago. Please help me.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Doneza,

~Andrea
Upwork
doneza20
Community Member

Thank you very much Andrea! 

64f183de
Community Member

Hi Bojan S, 

Please, my account has been set to private and I have written countless emails to support without any help. Kindly help by resetting it back to the public. Thank you. 

Hi Blessing,

Your profile visibility has been updated. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1e343170
Community Member

My profile visibilty has been on private for a while and have tried to chane it to public by submitting a request. All to no avail.

will be glad if this can sort out.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have reset your profile visibility back to Public status. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cd3048c9
Community Member

Hi,

My profile has been set to private. I have been requesting for the last 20 days or so for it to be set to public but to no avail. 

please help

Hi Shahnila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
shafatullah_s
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

I was not activate profile visibility. My account showing that the "Available now" status is off. But I am tired to be on it many time. Please help to get on the status.

Thanks

Shafahullah

me too 😔

Hi Shefatullah and Jovelyn,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like bother your accounts were set to private due to inactivity. I've already set your profile visibility to "public" so you can already turn your availability badge on. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello. I have the same problem. Please activate my account too. Thanks

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stepan,

Your account visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
8b7d45f6
Community Member

Am unable to set my profile back to public please help

Click the "Get Support" button on the bottom right of the screen.

Hi David,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You can check this help article to learn why it can go private.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
arslanyousaf11
Community Member

Hello, Hope you are doing great.

I am suffering from one problem on Upwork. I have request many time to Upwork to change my profile from private to public but when i check my tickets status they are marked as resolved state but my issue still not fixed. I have start earning on upwork but still unable to change my profile from private to public. I need help for this issue, Can you guys please help me to fix this issue.?

arslanyousaf11_0-1665253486263.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths