🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

just buy connects your profile will be public.

I have around 80 connects. 

Hi Md Forhad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dd5d79f7
Community Member

I Want to make my upwork profile public

Once you start earning again on Upwork, your profile visibility will be automatically reset or you can ask us to reset it here at any time. Alternatively, you can subscribe to a Freelancer Plus membership to ensure that your profile visibility is never set to private.

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for reaching out. I've reset your profile visibility and it's now public. You can check this help article for more information on why it can be switched to private automatically.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alhilaly-nadeem
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Nadeem,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3e3f21f1
Community Member

hello

i need someone to help me turn my profile to availability badge

just click the availability badge and choose 8 or more connects if you want. Then set it. now you will have  the badge

not responding

Profile has to be public first to activate availability badge

i have tried to turn my profile badge on but it is inactive,who can advice me on how to go about it

I think you mean you want to make your profile visibility Public. Click Reset my Profile visibility in the link below

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

elisa_b
Community Member

Don't waste your money on that.

3e3f21f1
Community Member

i have the connects but how can i turn it on or do i need any assistance

Hi Ann,

I've reset your profile back to public. You can now turn your Availability Badge on and signal clients that you are ready for new work. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
alhilaly-nadeem
Community Member

When you click on the link, access to the page is denied.
416d54db
Community Member

Hi, My profile is set to private I want to make it public. I requested for Reset but even more than 6 hours passed but still it's private. Need support to make my profile public 

1c38a2f7
Community Member

Please change my profile status from private to public at your earliiest convience, my profile is set to private

Thanks & Regards

Mazhar Sheikh

baggaomarjorie
Community Member

Hi, 

My account was set to private and I can't set it back to public. Kindly help me set it to public.
Thank you.

0894850c
Community Member

Hi, recently my profile was locked by Upwork because I hadn't earned any money for a long time. However, I have now earned money and there is a balance available in my account. But when I submitted a request to make my profile public, they sent me an email stating that they cannot grant my request. Please help me find a solution for this issue.

If you are earning on the same profile, contact the support team in an email whether my billing is continuing to be the same. but, if not, simply send an email to the support team and request the payment that is already in your account. Additionally, upgrade your freelancer plus profile for better job opportunities.

Hi Sajjad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2ae903a0
Community Member

My account is private, i made it public and when i go to my profile setting,6 digit code was coming to my mobile for verification but now it is not coming

Hi Md. A,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility has been changed to Public now. Could you please enable the Text message settings again from your Security settings page?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rizvi_syed_abbas
Community Member

Using after almost an year, bought like 200 connects with my debit card, still they are not changing my profile visibility, sent 23 proposals but it is not changing, can someone help please

Syed,

Sending proposals doesn't have any affect on your profile visibility.

View today's article on how to improve your Profile visibility at: 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Career-CloseUp-Top-1-Upwork-EXPERT-VETTED-Marketing-S...

Hi Syed Abbas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you're referring to your profile visibility being set to private, I can definitely assist you with that. I've reset your profile back to public. I've also pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d183863f
Community Member

Hi Dear Members,

I need your help!

I'm trying to make my profile from Private to Public. I have tried the link "Reset Profile Visibility" but it keeps coming up with the message " your ticket was not submitted".

I am attaching the screenshot for you guys to better understand the issue.

Your assistance would mean a lot.

Looking forward to find a solution soon.

Thank you all!

Hi Asma,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
be86345b
Community Member

Please make my profile public

you can make your profile public through those steps

1- click on your photo

2-click on setting

3-down to the left click on (profile setting)

4-change the visibility into public

and if you have any technical problems contact the support team

Hi Agatha,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c64ccdfe
Community Member

Hello, could you please make my profile public?

we are all freelancers. You need to contact customer service for this.

Dairys,

Go to Settings and change from Private to Public.

Here is an Upwork article with more information:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility

If Upwork changed it because you did not earn or sent proposal in a while, you need to use the Reset My Profile Visibility.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967

Hi Dairys,

I've reset your profile visibility and it's now public. I recommend that you take a look at this help article for the reasons why it can be switched to private.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
krehan76
Community Member

Hi,

My profile has been set to private,  requesting to please make it public.

Thanks in advance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths