🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818
alishan55
Community Member

my account has been set to private please help me to get it to public

Are you unable to set your profile to public yourself. Click here to set your profile to public.

If that doesn’t work, read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button.

ramraja-verma
Community Member

Hi there,

my one of friend facing issue in her upwork profile.

Issue details :- can you please reoslve this issue 

ramrajaverma_0-1690475426737.png

Hi Ramraja,

I'm afraid that we can't share any details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise your friend to contact us directly for assistance. Here’s how you can reach a human in customer support:

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of this or any Help center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ Luiggi
Upwork

can you share me steps for recvoery account or login

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your message. Could you please clarify if you are looking to recover the same account or any other account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ramraja-verma
Community Member

anyone can help me out for this

8f8a4e39
Community Member

I need my profile visibility to be made public. Kindly help me with that.

Thanks in anticipation!

Hi Aremu,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ansa406
Community Member

Hi there everyone. I have had an account on Upwork for a few years but it was inactive. I started using it earlier this year and despite sending quite a few proposals, I have had no success so far. Clients have sent messages but two of them seemed to be a scam and the other one has left the active proposal pending. I noticed that my profile has been made Private/Unavailable by Upwork and I cannot even use my Connects to keep the availability badge. Also, I am getting no option in my profile settings to verify my account. I don't know how to build some profile credibility in order to get work from potential clients. 

Hi Ansa,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been facing since you returned. I suggest you start by looking at our Upwork Academy page to help you better understand how the platform works and make the most out of your profile. Here are a few courses to help you get started:

Regarding the verification process, I'd like to clarify that you aren't required to verify your identity at the moment and the verification cannot be requested. Once you're required to complete the process, you will be notified. Lastly, I went ahead and reset your profile visibility so that is now public, you can check this help article to learn how you can do that yourself in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
raiamir123
Community Member

My Profile is Private please make it Public 
Thanks

Hi Amir,

Thank you for your message. I am happy to inform that your profile visibility is switched to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
vish_v_2018
Community Member

Hello All

Please help me .

i want to make public profile

Hi Vaishali V

I signed up today and I'm also learning, I can't tell you exactly where, but I published my profile in the profile menu and after filling in all the content I pressed publish.

But you can check the very interactive manual in the learning community, here: 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork-Getting-Started/Exploring-the-platform/ta-p/1178897 

I hope I helped and that you solve your situation.

Have a nice day

roadmapmetrics
Community Member

Hi Team,

My account is also locked to private and I would be grateful if this could be resolved.
Thank you,
Justin

Hi Justin,

Your profile visibility is already changed to Public.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b231d230
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem with my upwork profile. It is set to private and I want to make it public. How can I do that? Please help me. Thank you.

Hi Adil,

I've set your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths