🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818
Community Member

My account has been set to locked Private because I've been unable to secure a job yet on Upwork. I'll need help in having it set back to public so I can continue bidding, please help.

Hi Samson,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
rahadur
Community Member

My profile has been private please make it public. I have sent request too many time didn't work. 

Hi Rahadur,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
rahadur
Community Member

Thank you Annie Jane B  profile visibility is now public.

c683e38d
Community Member

Hi there,

My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Immaculata,

~ AJ
Upwork
29d71779
Community Member

HI!

I recently returned on Upwork after nearly two years absence. I have been sending in proposals using up my connects and I just noticed that my profile was set to private. I just recently read that profiles that don't earn for a set number of days will be set automatically to private. Please set my profile to public again please. I've requested multiple times and it has been well over the 4 hours that you promised to change my visibility.

Thanks.

Hi Anthony,

~ AJ
Upwork
894fb2a9
Community Member

Hi,

My profile is set to private now how i can set it to public?

Plz help.

Cheers,

Hello Ghulam M 👋

One week ago I had the same problem as you.

My way of solving this problem is by submitting a ticket at
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967?request=t_private_profile

and this problem was solved with the help of the Upwork team.

Note:
It may take 24-48 hours for the Upwork team to contact you because the queue for this issue is quite large.

Yusuf Matra

Thanks for the guidance and my profile issue is solved.

But I still have no job. for this plz guide.

Cheers,

samduan
Community Member

Hello there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks much

kransika
Community Member

Yes, Sam D Also the same for me, that makes missing opportunities for selecting interviews for clients. 

Hi Sam and Kumesh,

Thank you for posting in the Community. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Now it's ok, I got the available badge. Thanks, Pradeep H. for your valuable support.🤗

4593acb9
Community Member

Hello Upwork Moderators,

Kindly assist move my profile from private to public as I have been unable to do so from my end.

Thank you.

Amarachi

Hi Amarachi,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
46b94e9c
Community Member

Same issue with me ,my profile has been set to private,  please kindly make it public. 

Hi Farkhanda,

~ AJ
Upwork
81248d8d
Community Member

hi everyone ...can someone guide me regarding my profile settings, my profile is not showing publicly 

Hi Sidra,

Thank you for your message. I will be happy to assist you with setting your profile visibility to Public. Before I do that, could you please update your profile picture to display your real and easily verifiable picture that will clearly show your face.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
gauravmalikz
Community Member

Hello Upwork Moderators,

Please change my profile from locked private to public as I am unable to change it from my profile settings.

Thank you,

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
christina_ilk
Community Member

Hello! My profile is now private, could you please change it to public?

Hi Christina,

~ AJ
Upwork
48d6c2ad
Community Member

Hello Nikalo S,

my upwork profile has been set private please make it public thank you!

Hi Fatima,

~ AJ
Upwork
9e13be51
Community Member

Hey Christina,

To modify your profile visibility from private to public, access the settings section on your profile. From there, you can make the desired adjustments to update your visibility settings. In case you do not find the option to change the visibility, I recommend reaching out to Upwork's support team. Their dedicated professionals will be able to assist you promptly, ensuring that your profile visibility is adjusted accordingly within 24 hours.

7b94a5e0
Community Member

I was inactive due to some reasons from last 1 month. Due to inactivity my profile was set to private mode. Now i want to set my profile as public. How i can do that?

Hi Etisham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As requested, I took the liberty of resetting your profile back to public.

~ Arjay
Upwork
raiamir123
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private. please help me in making it public. thanks

raiamir123_1-1688507177871.png

Hey Amir, you have the option to change it through editing and still it doesn't show then email upwork support within 24hrs they will change into public.

07cbb94d
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

When we stop bidding or working on this platform for a long time... algorithm considers the profile idle.

(meanwhile,  keep bidding and win the job) your profile status will be back to the public.

Hi Munazza,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility has been set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

that's why we appreciate the Upwork support team... Thanks, Pradeep H for your quick help to Munazza 

5447b81e
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning. Please Help me

Hi Maryam,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
forhad_sarkar_md
Community Member

forhad_sarkar_md_0-1688634355270.png

What should I do ? If I go fo Plus memebrship will it be visible to others ? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths