🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
d5f56afc
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet i'm unable to move it 

Please help me to move it to public 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

312 REPLIES 312

Hi Akinboyewa,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance with your profile concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

My upwork profile has just been locked private. I went away for a while because I had been hospitalized, now that I'm well and back, I'll like to continue working. Kindly help me set it back to public, thank you!

Hi Samson,

I can confirm that your profile visibility is already set to public. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hassan-meadul
Community Member

can i get back my profile Active?

Hi Meadul,

You should be able to update your profile visibility by visiting your Profile Settings page. Let us know if you have any questions!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9a3794c5
Community Member

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet i'm unable to move it 

Please help me to move it to public 
and when i click to reset profile visibility the page refresh without make anything 

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your profile visibility has been updated. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
danijelmanja
Community Member

Hello, i was offline for a long time, i want to get back to work, my profile is locked, can you help me unlock it so i can continue with work, thank you.
Sincerely,
Danijel Manja

Hi Danijel,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
webcroex
Community Member

Please , reset my profile visibility. Thank you

Hi Victoria,

Your profile visibility is switched to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep. Thank you , but I still see that my profile is locked https://tppr.me/wy0pQR . Will it take some time to unlock?

Hi Victoria,

I will be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
63fe9b44
Community Member

Hey! I want someone to help me out of this Issue, that my profile was being private since some days ago. So Please help me out to get my Profile Public. Thanks

Hi Jahangir, 

Your profile visibility is updated.

~ Nikola
Upwork
pandya293
Community Member

Hello,

Facing below error when make profile public

Spoiler

There was an error loading this page: error [878c5ece4cf7032c-AMD, 878c5ece4cf7032c-AMD]. Please contact customer support for assistance: support.upwork.com

Focus here using ctrl + dot key
I already earn $200 from upwork then also I cannot make my profile public visible.

Thanks,
Punita

Hi Punita,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1f6a4485
Community Member

Hey Community member,

Please help me to make my profile public. There's no option to make my profile public.

I submitted a proposal after the profile got private and my 3 jobs are still in progress. Please help me with this.

Hi Hiba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d1acb68f
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork! I created my account few months back but didn't used. Now when i logged in i see its private. Can someone help how to public it? 

Hi Malaika, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is now updated. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
bb03d217
Community Member

My profile has been changed from public to private. I want to bring my profile to search results. So that clients can reach me easily. Thank You!

1fdb41d2
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support,

My name is Beenish and I have not used Upwork for a long time my profile is set to private, I have tried submitting a ticket to get it back to public but no one has reached out to me yet. I have started working and am active on upwork but my profile is still locked to private. Can you please help me with this, thank you

2d536b7d
Community Member

Please turn my profile back to public. I am working on finding and applying to jobs on upwork.

Hi Sonia,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You may log into your account and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
eraloknarayan
Community Member

Hello, i want to change my visibility setting " private to public" . when i tried to change through Preferences, i got error. please help me out to change my visibility private to public. Thanks

Hi Alok,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fa91fce4
Community Member

Am Unable to change my private profile to public, it shows my profile is locked, I didn't know about this, and why this happens. , Can you please help me with this , if you can unlock my profile , i can be more active on Upwork

danijelmanja
Community Member

Hello, my profile is locked on private, please unlock it, 
thank you
Danijel M.

Hi Daniel,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. You're all set. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4ce72277
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

Hope this message finds you well

Can someone please help me with my profile status? Already done with the links and contacted your support but still no changes. Been waiting for my profile status to change for almost a month now.

Hope you can help me. Thank you

Hi Izelle Deane Krist,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Additionally, I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to have your account reviewed. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
madensan
Community Member

Hi,

I can't change my hourly rate maybe because my account was locked from public to private. Please help me change and unlock it from private to unlock.

Thanks.

Hi Jaemaden,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. However, when your profile is set to private, it is not shown in freelancer search results, but you should be able to change your hourly rate from your profile page. 

That said, I've escalated your community post to a support ticket for your hourly rate concern. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cyrus_y2k
Community Member

Hello Colleagues,

I have been a freelancer since 2012, I opened my oDesk profile then, and now it has become UpWork, unfortunately, it was not convenient for me to work inside Upwork, when it was oDesk I did one job and it also problematic because of my client was untrustworthy still the payment is pending, I quite oDesk then, and did the freelancing in other platforms.

Meanwhile, 2 times I tried to come back to Upwork, and unlock my profile, but due to the heavy workload in my daily life, I failed and could not continue with Upwork.

And this is my third time coming back to Upwork, and want to start with my work here but, I can't change my profile from private to public. This problem seems exceptional. if you check the link for the screen recording.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have tried every recommended way, I changed my browser, Google Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, and also changed my PC to a laptop, and even when I tried from my phone, all results showed the same.

Hi Syed,

Welcome back! Your profile visibility is switched to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Mr. Pradeep

Many thanks for your help, it will refuel my working.

B. regards

Tawhid 

isaac_katongole
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team, I recently noticed that my profile was set to private. I'm kindly requesting to set it to public because I'm now free and always on upwork 24/7. Thank you Isaac

Please upgrade your profile with Membership plan.

Then you can set private to visiable your profile.

Iast time I had the same issue but i can done without even upgrading to membership plan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths