🐈
» Forums » Support » Membership Upgrade
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

285 REPLIES 285

Hi Shilpa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

actually yes - i have also faced this issue .

8e3ab690
Community Member

I am getting this Error:
We are unable to authorize your card as the billing details you entered does not match with your bank or credit card company. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I checked with my bank, they said everything is ok. I got even message in the app in the detail of the transaction that upwork checked my card and now the card can be used. From upwork I recieved confirmation email that my card was added, but when i look at my payment method there is no card added.

So i try to add my card again and then it doest let me and sais the same message again..

I went throug 6 pages here and havent found a working solution.

Please help. 
What could be the causes and how to solve them? 

Hi Simon,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hamma11
Community Member

Hi team,

I am trying to add a card in my Upwork account, but fails to get added and errors out with the message "We are unable to authorize your card as the billing details you entered does not match with your bank or credit card company. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

It is worth mentioning that in my email, I am getting the emails that this card has been added into my Upwork account, but in frontend I am getting the above error.

And it is the card I am using in at least 3 other big platforms successfully.

Can you help?

Thanks

Hi Hammad,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths