🐈
» Forums » Support » Membership Upgrade
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

283 REPLIES 283
f624f3fe
Community Member

Hi joanne. I just checked on my bank, and they said that im all good. There is no problem with my debit card.

What am i supposed to do about this issue. Please help me

Hi Yoga,

Thank you for checking with your bank. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
df53e000
Community Member

Hi,

Can any one tell me I could not change my Upwork membership plan, trying from last few days.

Towhid

Hello Towhidul,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble with this. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank about the specific decline error? You may also try adding a different billing method. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to let us know and we'll assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Kindly help, I've been trying to buy connects but I kept getting the attached error to contact support. Also the support channel is not loading.

Screenshot_20240218-072206.png

Hi Ganiyat,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with purchasing Connects. Could you please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? 

To reach out to support, please follow these steps:

We’re creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘chat with Upwork button’.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Joanne
Upwork
965e11f6
Community Member

Hi I have cancelled my subscription still Upwork is debiting my account every month. There is no billing method in the account any more. How do I get in touch with them to stop the payments?

Thanks

Hi Vishal,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
vknoble
Community Member

My Apple Pay account is debited but still my profile shows as Freelancer Basic. It expired 2 days before and I fixed the subscrption issue in Apple Pay. Can someone help me on this. In Profile page I see the warning "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

Hi Varghese,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Greetings,

I just got an email that my Upwork membership payment did not go thorugh, and I have temporarily been moved from "Freelancer Basic" to again "Freelancer Basic" plan.

The thing is that I do not. currently, have any paid Upwork membership plan subscribed to. What is all this, and should I be worried?

Attaching a screenshot of the email that I got for reference.

Hope you have a great day, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

Syed Azeem

Hi Syed Azeem,

I checked your account and saw that you are currently on Freelancer Basic. You can check it out here. You can do it from that page if you decide to update your membership. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e54daf20
Community Member

Hi, 

I mistakenly use my friend's mastercard to buy Connects and Upwork blocked the transaction because name on the cards are different. So now Upwork is asking me to submit my friend's ID verification. My friend is also on upwork. What do I do now ? What will happen when I submit his ID ? 

Hi Saad,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
62520a05
Community Member

Hello,
I am experiencing error when trying to buy connets. The error says like this

'Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support

I navigated to contact support page and followed steps mentioned there. But i still could not resolve the issue. How to solve this error.

Note:
1)I have payment method linked to upwork and i also changed it so i can buy connects. But it didnot work.
2)I tried clearing browser cache it too did not work

Hi Narasimha Sai Pava,

I checked, and it looks like the transaction was declined. You may need to reach out to your card issuing bank so that they can assist you with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
62520a05
Community Member

Thank you.

5015ac1e
Community Member

Hi there,

Hope you are having nice day,

I am have been facing the problem(recent charge failed) since opening.

Is there someone who can help me to solve the issue.

Thank you.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Sudhanshu,

I checked and it looks like the transaction has been declined. You might want to reach out to your card-issuing bank so that they can check the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5015ac1e
Community Member

Hello,

My billing method showing recent chage failed.

Help me.

Thank you.

**Edited for community guidelines**

plese

Hi Sudhanshu,

I checked and it looks like the transaction has been declined. Please reached out to your card-issuing bank so that they can look into the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8258c538
Community Member

I already have a PayPal account and have a balance, but can't add it as a payment method.

it says "I already have a PayPal account and have a balance, but can't add it as a payment method"

please fix this

Hi Widi,

It seems like you have not yet verified your PayPal account. In order to use PayPal as your billing method, you must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing. You can check this page for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4423429e
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I need help with my issue, got these error message after attempting to buy connects

Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support.

Hi Ardy,

I checked, and it seems like the transaction has been declined. Please reach out to your card-issuing bank so that they can look into the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can’t pay plan or connects because verified my account

Hi Ali,

I checked your account, but I could not see any limitation set on your account. Could you please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Please let us know if the same error message appears so we can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e441b713
Community Member

I am unable to upgrade my account to upwork plus as it is continously showing error and I am unable to load the membership and connects page. Please help me resolve the issue.

Hi Ganesh,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5015ac1e
Community Member

Hi There ,

My billing address showing 'recent charge failed' .

Please help me .

Yours.

Hi Sudhanshu,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble adding your billing method. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
f624f3fe
Community Member

hey, its me again and still cant upgrade to membership plus. it said''There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again".

Already go to the bank, and nothing was wrong with it. can upwork just be frfiendly with the user?

Hi Yoga,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading to Freelancer Plus membership plan. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
hhamzaahmad
Community Member

I use 2 cards, one is master and second is a visa and they both have more than sufficient balance but I am getting the same error every time "our payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." and my both cards are from different banks and i talk to both of them there is no issue from there side.

Please solve this issue ASAP. I want to buy connects and upgrade my account to premium.

Hi Hamza,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b0bbad78
Community Member

Dear Joanne,

can you guide please , as there is no problem from bank end ! how to upgrade the membership plan !

same problem like Hamza .

kindly guide to upgrade !

shilpa26v
Community Member

Hi there! I am having a problem while buy connects. When I add the card details it's giving and error which is  "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

I already checked with my bank, everything is OK. So please help me to fix it to buy connects. Thank you so much!

Hi Shilpa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

actually yes - i have also faced this issue .

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths