🐈
» Forums » Support » Milestone is showing 'paid' but I haven't bee...
Page options
5bf06f1d
Community Member

Milestone is showing 'paid' but I haven't been paid for it

Hello Support,

My client emailed me and said that he had released a $200 payment to me tonight (6/24/23) but when I check my milestones, it appears as if it's already been paid out.  I haven't received the money and it doesn't appear to be pending when I check. This is for milestone #6 under the Copywriter for careers landing page contract. Can you tell me if it appears to be paid already and why it would say that if he just funded the milestone today?

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Gerard,

I checked, and it looks like the payment is currently pending. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. You might want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5bf06f1d
Community Member

Hey Joanne,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I understand that there is a five day security hold whenever a payment is made from a client. However, when I look at my milestone summary, for milestone #7 it says that the the client hasn't funded the milestone yet, and that's a milestone that we both tried to cancel. In the contract room under recent activity, it states that the client released  $200  for payment for Client's Social Media Posts (10) + Rewrite of Client's Web Page, but that is for milestone #6. And he did that yesterday, 6/24/23. It says paid under the milestone summary but I haven't been paid for that yet- he only released the $200 yesterday. There was an issue with a duplicate milestone- #'s 5 and 6- but we thought we had resolved that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths