🐈
» Forums » Support » Missing pending payment
Page options
patmagcalas
Community Member

Missing pending payment

Hi. I'm currently having trouble figuring out why my pending payment suddenly disappeared? It now shows 0 and I'm getting anxious. I was supposed to get paid today since it's Wednesday. It was $104 an hour ago but not sure why it shows 0 now?

I checked the transcation history and it looks like it was okay all along? Need some help. Thanks in advance!

**edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi All,

Please know that this is related to the bug reported last week. Some funds that were supposed to become available today, Wednesday, 11 January UTC, became available to your accounts prematurely. So if you made a withdrawal earlier in the week or last week, you have already withdrawn your earnings for this week. We encourage you to check your Transaction History report for more details and the Weekly Billing Cycle to understand the timings of how your payments are processed.  

Some of you may have received notice of funds being available, but then felt confused when you see a $0.00 balance. The reason why it's now showing $0.00 is that the premature availability of funds caused your account to have a negative balance and since the issue has been fixed and your funds are now released, the negative balance has been paid off by the amount you have received. Simply put, the funds have been withdrawn earlier than expected, causing it to show $0.00 now. If you have not withdrawn anything in the past week, don't hesitate to contact our support team on this page.

Important Note:
In your Transaction History report  there will be two numbers in the Amount/Balance column for each transaction. The top number is the amount being credited (i.e. Hourly Payment) or debited (i.e. Service Fees or Withdrawals) to your account. The bottom number is the total balance on your account at that time. Credited amounts and positive balance will show without brackets while debited amounts and negative balance will show with brackets.

Many of you will notice that for your withdrawal transaction on January 2, the bottom number - which is the balance on your account at that time - would be negative and in brackets. That was because due to the bug the withdrawal was made prematurely before the funds actually became available. Since then, as the funds became available on your account they cover that negative balance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120

I understand that, but in my transaction history I don't have any prior withdraws that would reflect the money that is missing. I withdrew some funds on the 10th but that was a bonus, my work hours for the week disappeared for receipt 543975134. They were under review, then pending and then I got an invoice but no money in my account

5bf9addf
Community Member

Hey Arjay.

I'm not withdrawn anything in the past week.

Waiying for the  reply.

Thanks.

69ea3b12
Community Member

Hello

I believe there is some confusion here...

I should have had money available on my profile on January 4, but the client paid me a bonus on January 2, which I withdrew, and I also withdrew money on January 4 from the working week.
When I finished the work week on January 1, that money should have been available on the 11th, but upwork withdrew it without warning?

They said that I withdrew that money earlier, more precisely on January 2, but it is money from other clients that differs in amount,,,

I contacted the client and he confirmed that he paid the bonus on January 2nd and the working week that was inserted on January 1st was supposed to be 11. This is also from another client whom I contacted and said that everything is fine on his part

I am asking upwork to solve this problem because the way it was done is not appropriate... If needed I have pictures of the transactions or they can contact the client and see for themselves

Best regards,
Luka

c68d8078
Community Member

I am dealing with the same issue. I never withdrew any $ and this pending balance should have posted for me to access today. Can this be fixed asap I need to be compensated.

360f2ec4
Community Member

 Hi, today is already 12 Jan, and these payments were supposed to be not available on 11 Jan and they are not available for withdrawal in my account, please someone help me, I need this money

Captura de Pantalla 2023-01-12 a las 00.41.32.png

Hey my question is In overview menu in pending tab my money was $600+ got some money $300+ on available for distribution and other money i can see disappeared. Look like its bug or something when we will get money i mean eerything will resolved please let us know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mir,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b2af804f
Community Member

Hi Arjay, how about for those cases with unequal amounts from the prematurely withdrawn earnings vs the earnings supposedly due yesterday Jan 11? My Jan 11 earnings is higher than the one I was able to prematurely withdraw last Jan 2. What's the action plan here?

Looking forward to your response.

Hi Kassandra,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that the remaining balance was already credited to your Upwork account and another withdrawal was initiated on Jan 4th.

Thank you, 

Upwork

Hello, I have not withdrawn anything, how can I solve this unpleasant problem?

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Upwork
5dea3795
Community Member

I did not withdraw any money and did not receive any money. Please help me and return my money. Thank you very much.

kazzelyn
Community Member

Upon checking my account there was an amount that became available to my account prematurely. However, the amount that I'm supposed to get this week is not the same from the amount that became available last Jan 2. 

 Hi, today is already 13 Jan, and these payments were supposed to be sent to me on Jan 6 when I withdraw it, but it doesnt come yet to my bank account un til now.. What is happening? please someone help me, I need this money...

criselalamag5_0-1673556609943.png

Hi Arjay,

I have the same problem. I was supposed to get paid today as TR but none has appeared on my available funds. The fund has appeared on my transaction dated Jan 6, but as of writing none has come to my account. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Henrietta, 

As you can see on your Transaction History on 1/2, you withdraw earnings to your payment method. You will notice that the dollar amounts for your withdrawal transaction on January 2 are negative. That was because, due to the bug mentioned here, you withdrew before the funds became available to your account.

Since the issue has been fixed and your funds are now released, the negative balance has been paid off by the amount you received on January 6. As Arjay shared, this means that the funds have been withdrawn earlier than expected, causing it to show a lesser amount now. 

~ Avery
Upwork
omarfpg
Community Member

Well, that was scary and a half hour of my life I won't get back, lol! I noticed missing available funds out of nowhere, but yeah I was one of the un-lucky few to have withdraw during this window of time that there was a bug. At the moment I didn't realized I was withdrawing more than expected, I guess, but I cross-referenced everything, work diary, payment confirmation emails from UpWork, PayPal summary, an excel I have where I log every transaction, etc, etc, and well it matches, it was still baffling, but this does give me tons of clarity. Thanks for explaining.

cr_smyth
Community Member

I am having similar issues as others here.

I did not recieve money prematurely.

While my funds are available early on a friday there is still a week waiting time between my hourly work and when I get paid.

cr_smyth
Community Member

I am looking at my transaction history and there are charges that are set for the 1/15 and 1/18 when I should have had the funds released to me today.

I have had two weeks of 10 hours of work each. I only ever got paid for one of those weeks and not this most recent one that I worked on last week.

Also early after the new year I did notice that were was extra money in my available funds "$360" or so and I didnt touch it because I knew it must be a glitch.

So I never got any extra money and I need what is owed to me.

6adfefa5
Community Member

sir Plz give me verify option in my account...My account don't show verify option...Sir plz help me 6adfefa5 it's my account 

Hi Md,

Thank you for reaching out. We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. Please know that this cannot be requested. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Can you help me please....

I know you are saying that payments were release prematurely (a bug) but that did not happen to me I got my 1st payment then this (Ref ID: 544176429) was my second payment and it never went threw?  I also got a bonus payment and that went threw but this one (Ref ID: 544176429) did not yet? It shows $0 on my account still? 

Wondering what happen to this Jan 11th payment please... Ref ID 544176429

I submitted a support ticket days ago and still no answer its very important?!.......
I really need an answer to my support ticket on this issue please so I can pay bills!....
Support Ticket Requests #38548598

Thank you! 🙂

08499aab
Community Member

Hello,

The bug transaction on 1/2 is less than the amount I should have in my account on the 11th of January. What will happen to the remaining amount that I should've on my account on the 11th? 

Example.

1/2/2023 - $100 withdrawal on this day.

1/11/2023 - $150 Available on the Pending Earning but not withdrawn because of the Bug. 

So what will happen to the remaining $50?

Hi Greg,

If you have initiated a premature withdrawal, your account will go in negative balance and the same will be adjusted when your remaining funds are available. That said, if you have initiated an amount that is less than the actual amount in review, you will receive only the remaining amount. Check out the Transaction History page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you! Pradeep.

Hoping that the remaining balance will be posted in the account the next week which is the 18th of January.

I have pending balance that's not reflecting in my total amount to withdraw- 

total $49.50

Community Member

I am still struggling with the same issue. I did not make any withdrawals, in fact, my hourly payment was released to my account, and I was able to track it in the pending earnings list. The release date was supposed to be on 18-Jan, and I noticed that the payment was funded to my account on 10-Jan, which now I know is due to the bug, but then the payment was returned to the client on the same day.

Now, my question is: why can't I see the transaction in my pending earnings list anymore? The contract was ended and the task was done and approved by the client through Upwork messages.
I contacted the client, but got no response.
Please let me know when will I get the amount back to my available earnings.

Thanks,

bf8c56ac
Community Member

Hi,

The first withdrawal I made to my local bank last December 21, 2022 has not been transferred to my account yet. I already contacted support and the ticket's been ongoing for almost a month now. I have already submitted the required documents then I passed the verification. They then asked me to do it again and this time, they said that I didn't pass. I feel ripped off. I worked hard for that money and I feel like nobody's really helping. 

e52832fd
Community Member

brother is your issues is solved or it's still the same because iam facing the same 

Hi Farhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience so that we can better assist you? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8a99b0c0
Community Member

Hello, 

Yesterday, there were 490$ in the pending section, and today they were expected to be in the available section. But there were only 160$ in the available section. 330$  are missing. They must be in the available section. What is its explanation? 

Hi Oguzhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8a99b0c0
Community Member

Thank you. 

1acac26d
Community Member

Hello Nikola I hope all is well many people are facing this issue same goes to me. How can we be helped ?

dinrelik
Community Member

Hello there!
I got a message that my account has been suspended. I also see a notification about this at the top of my profile page. I have already filled in all the information that was required of me, but my account is still inactive. This is not normal! I'm losing customers because of Upwork! 

First of all there is no reason for this absurdity, because all my clients are happy with my work! Secondly, when I filled all the data, I saw a message that the issue will be resolved within 24 hours, and that time has passed, but I have not received any response on both requests: #38525469, #38526560! This is an extremely unpleasant situation for me because of which I lose my reputation and money! I demand that you unblock me immediately!

annysa_design
Community Member

Hey all! Was this issue resolved? I am missing my payment from last week and did not withdraw early or recieve any payment. Just says its pending. 

farheenfatima1
Community Member

I am facing same issue of missing payments of $74 

26a27613
Community Member

Hi,

I withdrew the early payment on the 2nd, which is lesser than the amount I receive weekly, and I got a notification for my payment on the 6th as usual, am I supposed to have a balance of 0?

Thank you.

f661d247
Community Member

Hello, 

Yesterday I had 77$ in the pending section, and today was payday, they were expected to be in the available section but they aren't there (neither in Transaction history).

What can I do?

vash-urban
Community Member

Hello,

Instead of getting $244.50 net this payout, I only receive $157.01. It seems you have tagged it the issue as resolved but how about us who are not receiving the exact amount or less? I sent a ticket to support and I didn't even get any response.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths