🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment cancelled
Page options
b6785031
Community Member

Mpesa payment delayed

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 33 hours and I haven't received any money. Mpesa said that the issue is on your side that they can only follow up if Upwork was given a transaction reference number by them. Kindly assist.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

450 REPLIES 450

In minutes actually. Support should intervene

I just received the money. 

Hi Benard, Kangogo and Andrew,

Your payment from Upwork to M-Pesa is usually instant, but sometimes it can take up to a day on weekdays or the next working day on weekends. If you don't receive your payment after 24 hours, please get in touch with M-Pesa.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I just received the cash. Processed after six-hours.

dickson-mumo
Community Member

Same issue here. The bot on the support agent chat isn't helpful either and I can seem to book a support ticket. Money was withdrawn via Mpesa, has not arrived yet although they say it is supposed to take less than an hour.

Hi Dickson Mumo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, international payments can sometimes experience delays due to various factors, including intermediary banks and local banking regulations. While most Mpesa transactions are processed quickly, it is possible for funds to take up to 24 hours to be deposited into your account.

Could you please try contacting Mpesa support? Let us know if they have trouble locating the funds and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
justg_don
Community Member

Hello,

I've made an Mpesa withdrawal and it is taking longer than usual to receive the funds. Kindly help resolve the issue if any. This is to make Support aware of a possible underlying issue that might need some fixing. Thank you.

Experiencing the same issue too. It's been 2 hours of waiting.

I'm also experiencing this problem. Kindly assist.

Hello Godwin, Millicent and Josphat,

Your transfer from Upwork to M-Pesa is usually processed instantly. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Noted.

Thank you.

Okay. Thank you. 

Hi Pradeep,

I've not received the funds. What is causing the delays?

Hi Pradeep, 

This seems to be a larger issue? I'm also experiencing a delay in payment, as I've also only received 1 of the 2 emails that occur during payment.  The payment has not been processed.

Any ETA regarding checking in on this? 

It is more than 24hrs and no payment yet. Really, what is the problem?

Did you get the funds?

Not yet. Still waiting.

Nothing yet till now. Did you anyone else get theirs?

Not yet. I think we just have to wait for the 24 hours.

Has anyone received their funds yet? Upwork is slowly becoming unreliable because how is this the third time in a span of a month? 🤦🏾‍:female_sign:

I withdrawn money 16 hours ago upto now I haven't received the money, or any confirmation from Upwork. I'm in Kenya and I use Mpesa withdrawal.

I am 20 hours in waiting to recieve my money. 

That's terrible. I wonder what could be wrong!

Experiencing the same too 

chedyy
Community Member

It's been more than 15 hours since I withdrew money from Upwork but it hasn't been processed yet. Kindly help, could there be a problem?

jaykurgat
Community Member

Me too. I wonder what's going on today on MPesa payments.

Same here. Tried the chatbox and it said that there was a delay in payments today. They said I give it 24hrs then contact them if by then I would not have received my payment.

chedyy
Community Member

It's been more than 15 hours since I withdrew money from Upwork but it hasn't been processed yet. Kindly help, could there be a problem?

Hey there,

For the Kenyan Community, it looks we are experiencing delayed MPesa payments. How long will this take to be resolved? Kindly advise.

PlI need assistance from customer support to verify my account. I have only a few days left.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! 

As we have communicated in the past, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. We have checked some of the transactions and they were successfully processed. For those who are yet to receive their withdrawal, please get in touch with M-Pesa.

You may also check this article which shares more information on M-Pesa fees and timings. 

~ Avery
Upwork
justg_don
Community Member

Noted. The funds were successfully processed and received. Thank you.

bbe5154b
Community Member

Hi Sera, hope you found a solution

dickson-mumo
Community Member

I withdrew my funds to mpesa on 4th Nov. Since then the issue has
never been resolved. Support keep saying the are doing a trace which at
this point I know is just pure**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork support is unhelpful, I think they just keep forwarding the same
mail to me.

Hi Dickson Mumo,

I'm sorry to hear that your issue hasn't been resolved yet. I checked your support ticket and can confirm that our team has already reached out to your bank to initiate a trace. However, they are still waiting for a response from your bank and until they receive one, they cannot provide an update yet. Rest assured that the team is doing everything they can to assist you. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey Dickson, were you ever helped?

b_contentwriter
Community Member

I have withdrawn funds to my Mpesa, but I received a message that the transaction has been canceled. The funds are also not available on my Upwork account. Please help.

Hi Donald,

We process your payment as soon as possible, but sometimes it can take up to 5 business days to reach your account. If you have not received your payment after five business days, please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist you.

- Pradeep

Upwork
wanjirawambui
Community Member

Hello,

I just withdrew from my account to my MPESA and I've received a message saying the transaction has been cancelled. Kindly assist

Hi Brenda,

I am sorry to hear about the rejected transactions. I checked your account and the transaction was successfully initiated. Please contact M-PESA support to check the status of your transaction. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths