🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: MPESA Delay
Page options
b6785031
Community Member

Mpesa payment delayed

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 33 hours and I haven't received any money. Mpesa said that the issue is on your side that they can only follow up if Upwork was given a transaction reference number by them. Kindly assist.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

450 REPLIES 450

Hi Purity
Did your issue get solved,am about to make a withdrawal and am concerned.

Haven't received my withdrawal from last friday. I opened a ticket and Haven't received an update on it too..this is the 4th time i have such issues..Guess i should avoid withdrawing using mpesa and rather use the bank..

Hello there, I withdrew money on Friday via Mpesa and I have not received it yet.I Contacted Mpesa to confirm but the delay is not on their side. I have not received any updates from Upwork since Saturday when they said they had initated a trace. Please return the funds to my account on Upwork so I can withdraw again.

Hi ESTHER,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your withdrawal. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar D,

On the 4th day of waiting for my funds and Upwork team still wants me to be patient. But as much as I want to wait, the situation doesnt allow. Please assist so I get these funds today.

Hi Stephen,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team already reached out to you on this ticket number: 30192876. Please check the information they have shared with you on the ticket, and please feel free to reply. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
stevemk
Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie P, 

I received an update close to 24hrs ago and have not heard from Upwork since. Mpesa said the money is still stuck with Upwork.   

stevemk
Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie P,

What is the status of my Mpesa withdrawal? Upwork has not updated me since Saturday. I need these funds now. Please help.

Hi Stephen,

I checked, and it looks like the team has updated you on the status of your concern with the funds you have withdrawn to MPesa. They will reach out to you directly on your ticket. In the meantime, please feel free to post any questions you may have on the ticket and the agent will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Upwork,

Is M-Pesa still a safe payment method? Judging by the long delays experienced personally, and the frustration of freelancers on this thread, the issue needs your utmost attention. Kindly address the root cause of the delays and not just individual delays. 

Warm regards,

A frustrated and concerned freelancer

Hi,
Am responding because my withdrawal today was successful and would encourage you to keep following up with upwork team.
Thanks

Hi Kuria,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alucho
Community Member

Hi Upwork, please address delayed payment over M-Pesa on my account. Made the withdrawal on Friday Morning but haven't received the amount requested yet.

Hi Alucho,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm experiencing the same. Made two withdrawals on Friday morning, up until today, Wednesday, I'm yet to receive the funds. And yes, Upwork, I have been in contact with the support team using ticket support but still, nothing. This is becoming extremely frustrating. Sort out these Upwork-M-pesa issues

alucho
Community Member

They did reach out. Waiting on a solution now

perisn
Community Member

I have been waiting for a resolution on a delayed M-pesa payment for the sixth day now. Is this normal? 

Hi Winnie, trust your issue was sorted out

Hi Winnie,

I checked and could see that one of our agents already followed up on your support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
stevemk
Community Member

Hi Nikola S,

I was informed my funds were being traced more than 48hrs ago. I did 4 Mpesa withdrawals Friday morning and they all failed. Mpesa do work fulltime including during weekends. Mpesa told me the funds are stuck on Upwork's side, When am I receiving these funds? Please help.

Hello, I made an Upwork Mpesa withdrawal and I have not received my funds yet after 24 hours. Could you please help process the payment or make a refund. Thanks.

Hi Purity,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
stevemk
Community Member

Please help, 4 Mpesa withdrawals and none has been received. Something is not right with Mpesa. Some more than 24hrs ago. Somebody please help.

Hi Stephen,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue since Friday. Still not resolved

Hi Gladys,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stephen,

I understand your concern with this and rest assured, our team will assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

I have not received any updates since Saturday when they said they had initated a trace. Please return the funds to my account on Upwork so I can withdraw again.

Hi Stephen,

I checked with the team and it seems that they are still waiting for an update from our payment processor and recalling the funds is not possible at the moment. Rest assured, one of our agents will follow up on your support ticket as soon as they receive an update.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
stevemk
Community Member

Hi,

Dont worry if you used Mpesa and you have not received your funds. Upwork will do the tracing on your behalf. They did it for me and I am sure they will help you. Thanks Upwork payment team. 

Hello,

yesterday I made withdrawal using mpesa and 24 hours have elapsed. please help. The funds are pretty urgent

Hi Caroline,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your funds. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Okay thank you

My issue was resolved. Thank you

Hi, so I have the same issue, I did withdrawal via Mpesa 2 days ago and up until now, I haven't received the money. Please help

Hello, 

It has been more than 24 hrs and my Mpesa transaction has been processed but I haven't received the funds. Safaricom Mpesa has told me to contact you as they haven't received the funds. Kindly assist because it was urgent.  

Hello Sharon. I am having the same issue. Have it been resolved on your side?

Hi Elijah. Not yet resolved. I hope they do so as soon as possible. 

Hi Sharon, and Elijah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the transaction.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I made a request for payment, which normaly takes about 30 mins, but till now it has not been processed. Anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths