🐈
» Forums » Support » Mpesa payment delayed
Page options
b6785031
Community Member

Mpesa payment delayed

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 33 hours and I haven't received any money. Mpesa said that the issue is on your side that they can only follow up if Upwork was given a transaction reference number by them. Kindly assist.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

450 REPLIES 450

Hello, my issue hasn't been resolved.

Since 14th waiting for a payment, This is so discouranging now. I would kindly request you to terminate that Mpesa withdrawal, refund money to my upwork account. I will then, initiate another withdrawal using payoneer. This way better. I have an emergency.

Hi Beatrice,

I checked your account and I can see that you`re already communicating with our team via ticket. Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am so disgusted with the service the upwork offer. Its seems that this issue of mpesa delaying more than 5 days has been on for a long time. They have not resolved the problem. They keep telling someone we have escaleted your problem to the technical guy. How long does it take to reverse and fix mpesa issue. Poor service. In this 21 st century I wait for 5 days before my money is approved, then another week for it to get on my side. Dont you think there is a big problem. If mpesa has issue, then scrap it of your system until you resolve it, otherwise telling people that your issue has been pasaed to a team who is looking at it. You taking ages to solve simple issues.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with withdrawals and I understand how frustrating that can be. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
Please improve on your mpesa service. Why should I have to wait more than 5 days to get my money on mpesa. You repeat the same thing over and over which is very annoying. People want quick service.

Upwork is really not taking this matter seriously, my payment is stuck, I have talked to mpesa agents and they say there is no pending payment from UpWork, it is really annoying to wait for more than 30 hours and my payment has not been made yet.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know that in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business days on weekends.

If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, let us know so that we can assist you further. You can find more information in this help article.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

It has been over 5 days now, I have not received my payment, what is the problem, Is my money lost, why? Help please I need the funds

I am also having the same issue exactly a week since I withdrew my funds.

Kindly assist.

Hello,

I initiated a withdrawal on Friday 13th November 2020 but I haven't received my funds yet.

Please assist.

John.

Hi John,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to initiate the trace for your withdrawal.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue. Withdrew money on Saturday morning (5 am) and it's now Monday (9pm) - that's almost 48 hours later with no money on my mpesa wallet.

A ticket is ongoing - tracing I guess - but it's apparently quiet in there.

A ln expedition into this will be highly appreciated. Upwork ref Id of the transaction 339625355

Hi Evans,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our team is looking into this issue and will update you directly via your existing support ticket once they have more information.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e7d3447a
Community Member

Hi, I also made a withdrawal on Friday 13th November at 11;30 pm. it is Tuesday 17th November and I still haven't received the cash please help.

Hi Joy, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's such a disconcerting experience to have to wait for your earnings for such a protracted period. You have no idea what I'm going through. This is the 4th day for me since Friday.  You keep giving assurances that you are in contact with the payment processor but that is all you ever say, not even providing feedback about your deliberations.

Why can't you simply initiate a reversal of the funds so that we can withdraw using other payment methods and forget about MPESA altogether? If I'm not wrong, that was one of the resolutions floated by the support team should things hit a dead end. Why is this not happening?  I mean, how much longer do we have to wait for our earnings? A month?  

I understand your situation. This is a great disservice...

It is now Friday I haven't gotten the money yet and no support has contacted me. please check my issue

Hi Joy,

I understand your frustration with this and rest assured our team will continue to assist you further on your ticket. I also checked your ticket and I can see that the last update is from our team. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please make the followup. It´s now 72 hours later and nothing is forthcoming. Truly frustrating. 

Anybody received their funds yet?

aliyas
Community Member

Not yet 😔

Same case here. It appears nothing is being done, just constant
reassurances that are not helping much.

Hello Fellow Kenyan Freelancers. Well, we can rightly put the blame on Upwork, the system or whatever it is we can put our blame on. But as committed christian, I look at this whole thing and I just see the devil! The devil is at work trying to frustrate hard-working Kenyan freelancers who are trying to make ends meet via honest means. Therefore, lucifer I want to declare to you right now that you will not frustrate us. I rebuke you in the Name of Jesus Christ Son of The Living God. I have faith that my money will be sent to my MPESA today by faith (actually, within a short time from now)!  My prayer is for the same to happen to all Kenyan freelancers who withdrew money via Mpesa and haven’t been paid and are waiting for their hard-earned money.  And you know something lucifer, there is nothing you will/can do about it!

Hello friends, I have a serious issue. I made a withdrawal 6 days ago to my MPESA account but as we speak, I do not have the funds yet. I am in contact with the support about it but they are claiming they are still waiting for their partner bank in Kenya to give feedback. Can anyone here help me or is there anyone from Kenya who has faced a similar issue? Did you get your money back? Thank you all!

e_ifire
Community Member

Yes, I faced similar issue and went through the exact process as yours, after which the funds were returned back to my upwork account, I then made a withdrawal direct to my local bank account, but still I haven't received anything yet. I am waiting to see how long it will take before the funds reflects in my bank account.

d5e41cba
Community Member

How long did it take for funds to be deposited back into your Upwork
account?

Hi Emmanuel. From the link they sent on an article discussing withdrawal methods, it takes 4 business days for the money to arrive at your account. One thing I know about withdrawal to local banks is that:

1) There are no hassles  with this method (provided its set up right e.g. the name registered with your account matches the name at Upwork). This is because Upwork is dealing directly with a major bank.

2) It also has minimum deductions i.e. $0.99/withdrawal. I think the exchange rate is also not so bad since its a bank exchange rate

The only downside is that it takes a long time i.e. 4 Business Days for money to get into one's account - but that's a better trade off than having to wait in suspense like we just did.Smiley Sad

I intend to add 'Local Bank' as a payment method. I've learnt that options such as Mpesa, Paypal, Payoneer are termed '3rd party' options. I guess this means one has to have this 'Direct to Local Bank' withdrawal option in there because what I've realised with 3rd Party withdrawal options is that should a problem occur somewhere along the line, then one has to wait for days on end for a resolution Smiley Sad 

Let's keep each other posted. All The Best.

Same case here Linet. It's been almost a week and it's so frustrating. Words cannot adequately describe the frustration and anguish I'm going through. 

My money has been sent back to Upwork. Upwork cited a technical hitch that made the withdrawal impossible. They've alo disabled MPESA as a withdrawal method. So it seems one has to withdraw using other options e.g. Local Bank, Paypal, Payoneer, etc.

Unfortunately, I had not registered Local Bank Withdrawal as one of my options and I know it will take 3 more days for the method to be accpeted by Upwork (and I don't have time on my hands).

In light of the problems with MPESA, I recently added Paypal as an option recently and I'm going to try it (it also took 3 days to be accepted at Upwork).

I also have Payoneer as a withdrawal method. However, I do recall when Payoneer had an issue due to a bankrupty issue. I have a question on this to members please: does Payoneer work nowadays? Is it reliable?

Kindly, let us advice one another on withdrawal options as it seems MPESA will no longer be an option for an unspecified duration. Thank You.

An Update: I've successfully withdrawn funds from Upwork to Paypal.

One thing I've noted is that its like the MPESA option has now been re-enabled (after clicking on a 're-enable' button provided just next to the mpesa link). However, I have dared not to use it lest it takes another week for the money to be processed Smiley Sad

Friends, let's keep updated on withdrawal methods within this forum. Thank You.

Hi all,

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:
We can confirm your withdrawals were successfully processed on our end and these delays aren't caused by any issues on our side. M-Pesa experienced an outage on Friday, October 13. that caused downstream issues 

Presumably you mean Friday, November 13th.

There is no such thing as Friday, October 13th.

Hello,

It's more than 24 hours since Upwork sent me a notification for transaction completion, but the money has not reflected in my Mpesa Account.

What could be the problem? Is there anyone to help solve this?

Best Regards!
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hillary,

Please keep in mind that it can take up to 1 business day for your funds to be loaded on your account. If you haven't received them after 1 business day, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok.

Hello sir,

I have not received the money. I tried to make another transaction today morning, but it didn't go through. What's up? I needed to pay for internet, and may lose connection very soon. I will not be able to follow up on this matter. What's the trick here?

Thanks!

Hi Hillary,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your funds. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
opondoh
Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response. I called Mpesa five minutes ago, and they confirmed that my Mpesa account is okay. Their agent says that this could be a problem from Upwork. They have not received the money.

Please let me know the way forward as I would like to transact more money today. Could this transaction issue be as a result of upgrading to the premium plan. Everything was okay before I upgraded my account.

Best Regards!

Hillary **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Content Writer
Upwork | Rastyle

It's been more than 48 hours since my M-Pesa withdrawal and I am yet to receive the funds. What could be the issue? Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths