🐈
» Forums » Support » Mpesa payment delayed
Page options
b6785031
Community Member

Mpesa payment delayed

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 33 hours and I haven't received any money. Mpesa said that the issue is on your side that they can only follow up if Upwork was given a transaction reference number by them. Kindly assist.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

450 REPLIES 450
chrisndungu254
Community Member

Hi Sera,

Were you able to have your Mpesa issue resolved? If yes, how long did it take? I have the same problem and it's been a week now.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Chris, did you get your issue resolved? I am facing the same issue and it's honestly frustrating 

Hi Joy,

I can see that you already have an open ticket with the team. Please allow them time to review and update you on your open ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a38275cd
Community Member

Yes,  this is the same feedback I got

njau-yvonne
Community Member

Hi there! I I am facing an Mpesa problem as well, I Withdrew funds yesterday to my Mpesa account, and it has been 24 hours no funds received, despite receiving a confirmation email that the funds were processed.

Hi Yvon,

I have checked and can confirm that the transaction you're referring to has been successfully processed on our end. Yes! In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Let us know if you still haven't received the funds after 8 business days and we'll assist you with initiating a trace.

~ Arjay
Upwork
atime97
Community Member

Hello 

I am also facing the same issue since withdrawal 24th. Not sure if a ticket was raised but I would highly appreciate a feedback or assistance on the matter. 

oliverogolla
Community Member

Was this issue resolved, I cannot see a solution anywhere

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are referring to the M-Pesa transfer initiated today. In most cases, your payment is transferred instantly. However, sometimes there may be delays due to technical issues or other factors. If you do not receive your payment within 24 hours on a weekday or the next business day on a weekend, please get in touch with M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e_munyiva
Community Member

Has anyone experienced delays in MPESA withdrawal, or is it just me?  The withdrawals are usually instant or take around 30 minutes, but now it is almost 16+ hours.

Hi Everlyne,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you have not received your withdrawal yet. Please note that in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, sometimes it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please get in touch with M-Pesa. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you.

6b1e7b1c
Community Member

Has this happened to anyone else?

I tried to withdraw payment via Mpesa, but it failed and my Mpesa was disabled. This has happened 3 times now. 

I raised a ticket with Upwork and they said it was an Mpesa issue, so I reached out to Mpesa and they said there was no transaction initiated by Upwork. 

I've been going around in circles with this for 2 days😣😣😣

Hi Suzanne,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mercyt
Community Member

I withdrew money from Upwork to Mpesa but I have a message from them saying the payment has been cancelled but the money has not been returned to my Upwork account account and not even an email from Upwork. Can someone help?

Hi Mercy,

If you are referring to the MPesa withdrawal initiated today, I do not see any cancellation update on your withdrawal. If the payment is already canceled by MPesa, please allow 24-48 hours for the canceled payment to be reflected in your Upwork account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
mercyt
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Yes, the transaction was cancelled by MPESA and I have their message but noting from Upwork.

mercyt
Community Member

I withdrew money from Upwork to Mpesa but I have a message from them saying the payment has been cancelled but the money has not been returned to my Upwork account account and not even an email from Upwork. Can someone help?

Hi Mercy,

As Pradeep mentioned, If Mpesa cancels the transaction, the funds should be returned to your Upwork account within 24-48 hours. Please let us know if it still hasn't been reflected in your account, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mercyt
Community Member

Hey Arjay,

Is it possible to begin a trace on my money now? I still haven't received it and it is not back on my Upwork account.

I hope this gets resolved soon, thanks!

Hi Mercy, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're yet to receive your funds. I've converted your community post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

You can access your ticket here.

~ Samuel
mercyt
Community Member

Thank you so much, Samuel!

loisndege
Community Member

Hello,

It's been 24hours since I withdrew money from Upwork to Mpesa but I am yet to receive the funds. What could be the issue?

Hello, It's been now 48hours since I withdrew money from Upwork to Mpesa but I am yet to receive the funds.

Hi Lois,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e106f5e5
Community Member

Hello. I happened to make a withdrawal from my Upwork account to MPESA. However, MPESA sent me a message indicating that the transaction failed. When I contacted MPESA customer care, they said Upwork cancelled the transaction and on their end they have no control over it unless I contact Upwork. When I check my balance on Upwork, it still reads zero and the transaction indicates processed successfully. Could you help?

Thank you. 
Susy A. 

Hi Susy,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Susy, i Experineced the same thing on October 21, 2023 as well. this is honestly frustrating.

91dd63c5
Community Member

Yesterday I made payment request to my Mpesa Account. I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 26 hours and I haven't received any money. I have contacted my Service Provider and Mpesa said that the issue is on your side (Upwork) Kindly assist. The Chat support from Upwork doesnt seem to assist in any way, i have opened a ticket and so far no response. This  is frustrating.

Hi Risper,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
3d26169e
Community Member

I withdrew money on Sunday via Mpesa and I have not received it yet.I Contacted Mpesa to confirm,but they assured me the delay is not on their side. I have not received any updates from Upwork since Monday when they said they had initated a trace. Its high time the Mpesa withdrawal method to be annexed,since its very unreliable.

Hi Geylord,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Since you already have a support ticket regarding this issue and are being assisted by one of our agents, please feel free to update the ticket directly so they can assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
b_owuondo
Community Member

Hello. Is there an issue with Mpesa withdrawal today? I made two withdrawals but none has been processed. Kindly help asap. Thanks

I am experiencing similar problem

Helle, this happened to me as well. I made two withdrawals on Wednesday and I haven't received my funds yet. 

alangat
Community Member

Have you reached out to support?

I am experiencing similar problem 

Experiencing a similar issue. Any word from admin?

Looks like the issue is widespread. Money is usually disbursed in less than one hour.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths