🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Financial Account has been Suspended
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

796 REPLIES 796

Hi Muhammad,

Apologies for the delay. I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket and you should expect a reply soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
092a8ec7
Community Member

I cant withdraw my earnings, is there anyone from Upwork tech support who could help me? need it asap

Hi Harold,

I can see that you've reached out to the team handling your case and support tickets have been created with your concern. Please continue communicating with our team through those tickets for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
092a8ec7
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Thank you for answering my question here. As of now, no one has responded to me on my request.

Hi Support Team,

I have the same Issue my Financial Account got Suspended, I cant withdraw my earnings. Really need some help. Anyone can help me with this asap?

Thank You!

Hi Harold, 

Please allow our team some time to get to your ticket as they are responding to the tickets in the order that they were received. Thank you for your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
9672da3a
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community, I'm a freelancer and I've recently finished my first job and waited for the payment to be active. But when I added my bank information, it says it's innactive, I've waited the 3 days for it to be activated, but it still says innactive. I also added a Paypal account and that worked. I have also filled all the forms to be able to withdrawl money. I've checked it and all the information is correct. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm from Spain, Barcelona.

Hi Sebastian,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with further assistance. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update here or in your email. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b69e13fb
Community Member

Hey, 
So i added my wise account in upwork and then upwork sent two small amounts in my account to verify. 
I completed the verification process and it said It will take 3 days to become active and now when I checked after 3 days its saying payment method inactive.

Kindly Help me resolve this issue. I really need the funds to pay my college fee.

b69e13fb_0-1655641112045.png

khatib_mary
Community Member

Hello 
I want to verify my bank account and its been about a month and its until now inactive , can you tell whats the problem ?

Hi Mariam,

For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

~Andrea
Upwork

ok thanks alot for your respond ! but its been two weeks and more how many days do you want to activate my account ?

Mariam, you'll need to fill out the Form W-8BEN in Settings > Tax Information in order for your payment method to become active. It will become active immediately after you do this, no need to wait any days.

~Andrea
Upwork
0b421edc
Community Member

Hi

I have set up my local bank account long time ago but it has not been activated till now. I have added W8ben form and tax info as well and all bank details were right ......What is the issue please help? Under Local bank account nothing is displayed like active or inactive....I attached SS.Thaks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and found that this account is already active. You can withdraw funds to that account moving forward.

~ AJ
Upwork
5b5e5fdc
Community Member

I have added my payment method 3 days back and it got approved now but it's still inactive I have already filled the w8BEN form and it's still inactive any way to activate it ASAP 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the inactive payment method. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi there 

I had attached my local bank account to withdraw my income but it's status is inactive I had raised support ticket but never had any reply.

I had already filled w-8 form but it's still inactive it's been headache for me and now it's been a week please assist 

Hi Muhammad,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket, you should receive a reply soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
5b5e5fdc
Community Member

Hey Andrea

i am still waiting and my bank account is still inactive and the person I received reply from said he is going to transfer my case to appropriate person that I think he never found any.

So now you please be a kind person and help me out.

Hi Muhammad, 

Rest assured that the team is working on your ticket. Please understand that we cannot discuss any account-specific information in the Community so it is best to follow up on the open ticket on your account.

~ AJ
Upwork
c3ff1084
Community Member

Hi,

I added my bank account details to preferred Payment Method (Direct to Local Bank) quite a time ago. Per Upwork policy, it should've activated after three days of submission but still it shows as inactive (screenshot attached). I double-checked all the details again and submitted, still it is showing as Inactive.

I've also completed the W-8BEN form.

Please help me activate my payment method.

Regards

Dr F Khan

Hi F K,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist with your payment method. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c3ff1084
Community Member

Hi.

My payment method is still intactive and my issue is not resolved yet.

Hi F K,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e659a26e
Community Member

I added the local bank payment method and it's still not active yet after passing more than 3 days.

Thanks,

Hi Shihab,

I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

6dbe3e62
Community Member

I have added my payoneer account and also set up my local bank. But both the method are inactive. Kindly look into this matter. Thanks!!!

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you need to complete the W-8BEN Form first. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

Please log in to your Upwork account > go to your agency profile > Settings > Tax Information > Fill out the form.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
farhanzahid670
Community Member

Spoiler
Hello, I just received my first order after 90 proposals. It took me a year to receive my first order. Even though my client was pleased with my work, I am unable to obtain another order after that. My first project was for $20, but according to the available options, you can only withdraw money if it is at least $100. But I am not receiving any other orders; is there another way for me to withdraw this money?

Hi Farhan,

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

I can also see that you've been communicating with our team through a support ticket about your withdrawal concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

I recently added my bank account info to my account (1 or 2 weeks ago; definitely more than 3 days ago). Now that I'm trying to withdraw my money, it's not letting me. It seems like my payment method is Inactive.

I have checked other threads but to no avail.  I've filled out my tax info, and my name is the same as it is in my ID. I see no error or explanation, but only that the method is "inactive". 

Swift help is appreciated. 

Regards,
Mason

Hi Mason,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Okay, Andrea. I was just not sure that my support ticket came through, since I couldn't submit one directly and had to rely on the chat bot.

Many thanks & awaiting their response. 

2b9f5015
Community Member

I completed the tax file data and linked my PayPal account to the site and waited seven days and my payment method is still not activated. I have another question, does my name on the site have to be the same name on the email with which I was registered?

Hi mohamad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team and your payment method should be active now. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2b9f5015
Community Member

it's activated now, thanks

cypruspro
Community Member

Had a note that my account was paused from withdrawing as a client was deemed suspicious. upwork have resolved the issue, the tickets closed and my account seems to be in good standing and no affected. 
Unfortunately I try to withdraw and it says contact support. A kind support to check the account and reinstate my withdrawal please. 

If the client and/or the contract was removed by Upwork, you will not get any money unless you used the time tracker.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths