🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment not processed
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, It's been a day and a half and no one has contacted me to resolve this issue.

Hi Serhii,

Apologies for the delay on this. I've followed up with the team and you should expect an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
project4u4me
Community Member

I have been a client of UpWork for 5 years. I don't even know how much money I earned during this time and how many transactions were completed. I only know that last year it was over 70,000 USD earned by my via UpWork.

For last 2 years I have not been looking for new clients, because I have been working with the same clients all the time. Generally speaking, the role of UpWork at this time is to be an go-between company in banking transactions between me and my clients. For this task, UpWork charges me at least 5% fee for each transaction. It seems to me that the fee is fair for the fact that I can be sure the help in case of problems.

Unfortunately it changed when I have a first time real problem. Then I cannot get any help. After opening a ticket, I often receive information that is copied and pasted from other tickets. Despite the fact that I try to explain the situation as accurately as possible, I receive information about the internal regulations. When I ask the reason for such regulations, I get no answer.

I will describe briefly what my problem is and maybe someone can tell me whether I am right or whether I am too nervous and frustrated.

Currently, I work with only 1 client (for over 2 years). We settle payments in a weekly cycle (I work 40 hours a week regularly). Every Wednesday, UpWork sends me a transfer to my bank account. I have an account in a large bank in Poland - ING Bank. I always got my money within 6-8 hours after they were sent. If there was a day off in the US or Poland, it was on the next day. This has been the case for all 5 years.

Unfortunately, I did not receive the transfer (1,400 USD) on Wednesday 2022-03-16. Also I didn't receive it the next day. On Friday, 2022-03-18, I asked the UpWork support for confirmation of the transfer. I received a confirmation screen and a reply that I had to wait 8 business days for the transfer localization procedure to begin. I was also advised to contact my bank.

I contacted my bank and received information that no transfer to my account was received by the bank. At the bank, they traced the history of my UpWork transactions to date and replied that either the transfer was not sent or it was sent incorrectly and was returned.

On Monday, 2022-03-21, I informed support about it and attached a screen with the history of my bank account from the last 90 days. The screen showed that I had received all previous transactions on the day of sending. I also asked to start localize my transfer because next Wednesday was soon - the date of my next transfer. It is understandable that if the previous transfer has been incorrectly filled, the next one will not be dispatched also. I received a reply that, despite everything, I have to wait until 2022-03-28 (Monday) and if the transfer does not arrive until 2022-03-29 (Tuesday) I should inform you about it. My case ticket has been closed.

Yesterday (2022-03-23), as per the rules, UpWork sent another transfer (1,400 USD). And guess what... Of course, I did not receive the transfer. I'm pretty sure I won't receive it to my account. Now I'm waiting for 2.800 USD I have earned by working hard and from which UpWork has already charged a commission. I am afraid to write to the support, because I will probably receive the information that I have to wait until 2022-04-04.

Now I'm looking to the nearest future. Imagine please it's Tuesday 2022-03-29. I submit my complaint again and UpWork starts looking for the transfer and the reason for the error. Cool? Not! Because in next a few hours it will be Wednesday and if the error won't be corrected, the third transfer will be sent incorrectly and not received by me. Then I will be without money for 3 weeks, although my account should have been 4,200 USD a long time ago !!!

Maybe somebody will tell me if I am overly nervous or if I should be helped in this case.

From my point of view it looks like this:
- I worked hard from 2022-02-28 to 2022-03-06
- the client reviewed my work from 2022-03-07 to 2022-03-13
- the transfer was sent on 2022-03-16
- it's 2022-03-24 now and I have no money (1,400 USD + 1,400 USD)
- the searching for the first transfer will be started on 2022-03-29
- if the error will be corrected, I will get the the first transfer in April - a month after I made the effort to do the work
- in the meantime, 1 or 2 more transfers will be lost as well

I cannot find answers to the following 4 questions that you may know:
1. Why should I wait 8 business days? Who made this rule and on what is the reason? Is it US state or federal law? If not, why 8 days and not e.g. 2 or 21 days?
2. If something happens correct for 5 years each week (52 weeks x 5 years = 260 cases), and suddenly something happens wrong, is there any presumption that there is a mistake somewhere and a quick response should be made?
3. In this situation, I feel completely abandoned by UpWork. As I wrote above, for 2 years, the role of UpWork for me is mainly the role of a financial go-between, for which UpWork charges a commission of 5%. In total, it is already many thousands of dollars. When I have a problem, however, it turns out that I don't get help and my problems get worse. Why do I need to pay a commission fee when payment delays are measured in weeks?
4. What is customer support at UpWork? Waiting for the problem to fix itself?

Regards

Rafal

Hi. I have same problem with same polish ING bank. I still don't have money and I made transfer last week 17.03.22. I'm working via Upwork more than 3 years and this is first time I'm waiting so long. Bank say they don't see transfer. There is definitely something wrong and this is not coincidence we both have same problem. Please check this UpWork.

Hi Rafal,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We understand receiving your payments in a timely manner is very important to you. Our payment team is able to see if the transaction was processed on our end and by our payment partner. I can see that our team has already provided you with a receipt for that, however, our payment partners require 8 business days to pass before a trace can be requested. In general, international payments flow through several international and local banks before reaching the destination account. And there may be delays caused by any number of reasons including banking holds and regulations. 

I understand you're concerned about any future transactions as well. Please know, you do have the ability to edit your Automatic Payment Schedule and decide how often withdrawals occur. You may consider updating it for the time being while this situation is being resolved. I am following up with the appropriate team and sharing the concerns you've expressed here directly with them.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I just want to draw your attention to the fact that Michał K. wrote above that he had exactly the same thing, exactly in the same period, exactly at the same bank - ING Bank in Poland. This could mean that your payment provider is likely to have an error and the 8 day deadline should not apply.

In Monday I asked my bank to check where the previous 2 transfers were coming from. The path is very short: the bank of your payment operator, the loro account at the ING bank in Poland, my account. That's why transfers came within hours. Now something has changed.

In Poland, I have to pay taxes for each invoice issued, even if it is not yet paid. This means I have had to pay taxes and government fees, even though I did not receive the money. That's why holding the payments it is not a solution for me. I love UpWork but it is my only source of incomes so I can not agree to such delays and I must to search for other solutions.

Rafal

Hello,

today I received message from UpWork Payments Team. They initiated searching my payments. I hope it will finish with success soon. Below I attach the message I received and I will inform about results.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Because Community Guildelines dissalow to share emails, what I did above, I will describe it briefly. I hope this information will be helpful in such cases for other Freelancers because I wasn't able to find any information what will happen after starting the process. Maybe I missded something.

• The UpWork Payments Team started the process of searching my payments.
  • They notified my bank about isssue and waits for response.
  • I will be inform about each update of status immediately.
  • The process can takes 2 weeks or in some cases 4 weeks.
  • In case I reach any information from my bank or the money will arrive I shoul to inform Payments Team

I'm glad the process was started.

A short upgrade. It's been almost 3 weeks since I should have received the money, but I still don't have it. I also have no information what happened. 

Today I have created another ticket for another payment (03/23/2022) which is also lost (it's been 8 working days now). 

Hey Rafal,

Exactly the same case, and email templates from upwork support.. I've send you DM.
Thank you for updating this topic.

eb035872
Community Member

In general, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds please let us know and we'll be happy to initiate a trace for you.

82e1b711
Community Member

Hy, I am a bit troubled, I requested for withdrawal on Friday, after which all has been quiet since then, the money has not gotten into my dollar account and I did not get any mail indicating when the money would arrive. I am just glad that I did not withdraw much, but I would want us to help look into it, so to avoid future tendencies.

Hi Oluwadare,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I can confirm that the fund withdrawal was successful. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
54bd28ff
Community Member

I already made payouts via local bank transfer, from the email receipts they say that it will be on my account this March 28. Upon checking my account it's still not there. Can I have someone that can cofirm if the payment is floating on my bank or it was returned to Upwork. Thank you.

Hi Carl,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
54bd28ff
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Can you trace it for me right now so I know if I have to call my bank with regards to this? Thank you so much.

Carl R.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carl,

Please know that we're unable to initiate a trace before 8 business days have passed. If they do and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us.

~Andrea
Upwork
nasserahmed36
Community Member

Hello, I withdrew my a payment 9 buissnes days ago (Mar 16, 2022). I contaced my bank and they said that they returned the transaction because it's missing some infomration from the sender bank. Can you please check?

Hi Nasereddin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with a trace.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea

Why my support ticket got resolved? I did not receive any payments yet.

Hi Nasereddin,

It looks like the team advised you already via support ticket here. Please refer to their reply and update your ticket directly to answer their question if you need any further assistance. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

There is no option to reply. I believe this is because the ticket is resolved. Please check..

Hi Nasereddin,

Thank you for your message. You can also view and respond to the support ticket directly via your registered email address to create a follow-up ticket in case the ticket is already closed.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I was able to reply over email, and a new tcket got created: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/34606792

Andrea, can you please provide help on that ticket?

ajaysharmaupk
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I have not received my payment yet. I usually receive a confirmation email about my Upwork payment being processed to my local bank, then receive the money in a just couple of hours. However, Just today, I didn't receive any confirmation email about it. 

Please help.

Thanks

Ajay

I am in the same situation

Hi Ajay,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
tegus5
Community Member

Hi there, 

I complained about this same issue earlier this month. Obviously it wasn't resolved. I have to make withdrawal requests twice before I can be paid. The first always doesn't go through (upwork's reason is bank details not valid. And this is false. Because my details are correct and when I try to withdraw the second time, it works fine. It's really vexing. It's almost as if it's intentional because this has been a reoccurring issue. You don't return the withdrawal fee. Please resolve this issue once and for all.

Thank you. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tega,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Emmanuel,

I checked and it looks like the last withdrawal you made was successful on our end. Let's wait and see, if this one is also returned to your Upwork account please follow up here so we could assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
amixstudios
Community Member

Hi,
I have the same issue I withdraw my funds on 30 march around 6 am in the morning local time via bank transfer.
And I received an email of withdrawal notification but not a payment has been processed its been 4 days now.

Can someone help me?

Hi Amir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to is still in process on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, ok, no problem, thanks

Thank you, Nikola it's been 5 days now still as you said it's been a holiday in the US so I will wait for no problem.

bonitonino
Community Member

Hello,

Upwork has made an automatic transfer to my local bank account since Monday 28 March and I still haven't received anything. Is this normal?

Could  you return the money to my upwork account?

Thanks

Hi Abdoul,

I'm sorry to hear you have not received your funds yet. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
amixstudios
Community Member

Hi,
I withdraw my funds on 30 March at around 6 am in the morning local time via bank transfer.
And I received an email of withdrawal notification but not a "payment has been processed" it's been 5 days now.

Can someone help me?

Hi Amir,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H,

Thank you for your reply it's been already 5 days so let's see a few more days.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths