🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment not received to my Local Bank
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928

Amir, did have received the payments?

because facing the same 

I'm facing a  problem, It's been 6 days I have not received the withdrawal in the bank account. Can you check or should I wait for more 2 days. Also contacted the bank they are saying it all set from their end.  

Payment Reference ID 465345563

Hi Zain,

I would be happy to help. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to

is still in process on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Additionally, I see that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
zain12shah
Community Member

Hi, On 1st April, I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue, otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork.

Hi Zain,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Pradeep, Can you help me here, now it has been 8 days my payment have not showed up, can you trace it. I have an open ticket for this issue, but Upwork is not working actively on this issue.

Thanks

Hi Zain,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. Please allow time for the team to review. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
singhanupam71
Community Member

I have requested withdrawl to local bank on 30th March 2022 , I got a mail the the amount will reflect by 4th April. But still not reflected in my account. My reference no is 464901029. Please help. 

Hi Anupam,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Anupam, did you receive your payment? As i'm also facing the same

PradeepH

Hi Zaeem,

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
9126389d
Community Member

Hi,
Recently I have transferred my earnings to a local bank account.
but I just got to know, that my bank account is inactive due to KYC verification from the bank.
The bank is saying it may take 3-4 days after verification to activate it.

My concern is Upwork already transferred money, will it come back to Upwork wallet or it will deposit after 3-4 days after KYC verification?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mohammed,

We can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. In general, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the funds are unable to be applied to your account, they should be reversed to your Upwork balance in about 7 business days. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us so we could initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
lilitlyolik
Community Member

do I need law firm support?

Hello , I need an advice.
I have requested withdrawal from UpWork to my bank account at February 25 ( 26 via my time zone). It is April 5 now. 

I haven't received it yet and an UpWork is not telling me estimate time for the return.

The reason of failed tranfer is not valid Correspondent bank.

Upwork team is informed and I'm in touch with them.

Kindly can someone tell me what to do ? The founds I have earned and (loose for now) are close to 4k . Do I need help from laws or Upwork will protect my founds? I haven't contacts of the UpWorks partner bank and I don't know where my founds right now. I know that they've started return process, but don't know when it should happen.

What I should do ?

Thank you so much in advance.
Regards, Lilith.

chisomeziolisa
Community Member

hello, i really can't understand why my payment method keeps disabling each time is request for funds. it's sad and heart breaking at the same time because what if i urgently needed the money? 

please, i request for payment last week wednesday and on friday, it showed my that my payment could not be processed and has been returned to my account. i re-enable it and rquested for another payment on sunday, only to get this same notification again today. what is going on?????

please someone whould help me look into it. i rquested for another payment yesterday and today and i hope it falls through.

Hi Eziolisa,

I checked your account and it does look like the team reached out to you with some advice regarding this here. If you still have any questions please feel free to reply directly to the team via the notification sent to your email address so they can assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
4df62701
Community Member

Hi,

I had requested a withdrawal to my local bank account, up to 3 times and it kept saying "your payment could not be processed".

I just recently changed my local bank account due to this issue, and I need help on checking my account, to stop this withdrawal rejection.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Emilia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6ba48221
Community Member

Hi Goran.

I just have similar problem with other guys. I entered my account code right but figured out the bank code was wrong. Will the fund come back to my upwork?

Hi DONGJU,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that if there are issues with your bank account information your funds should return to your Upwork account. Please let us know if you do not get your funds back in 8 business days and we will be happy to assist you further. 

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
rbmannai
Community Member

I recently initiated a withdrawal to Local bank but I got an email notification saying the request failed due to "invalid data in the following field: taxNumber" and the funds have been returned to my Upwork account.

I am not sure what this means as I've never encountered this issue before.

Can someone help me with this? Or direct me to someone who can help?

Hi Bharathi,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
pontesantangelo
Community Member

Good morning, I requested on April 1 at 7 am Italian time, a SEPA transfer to Italy. Even today nothing has arrived and my bank told me that there are no transfers coming. This is the bank transfer reference Id : 465291799.I didn't even receive the email confirming that the payment had been processed.

It is really serious, I am an Upwork Talent Plus and I have been working with you for 1 year with great results, but now I have to warn the client that the money has not arrived and therefore the money has it Upwork. At this point I don't know if I will work with you anymore. Also I opened the ticket 18 hours ago and no reply.

The faq talks about 4 working days, but this is impossible, transfers in the Sepa area take a maximum of 1 working day, this is due to the SEPA banking law. So who has my money? My client is asking too ...

Hi Giuseppe,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
pontesantangelo
Community Member

Thanks for the support, but I find it very serious and shameful that the clients' money is not passed on to freelancers but withheld by Upwork. Among other things, I never received the email that the money had been processed with the amount in euros.

I hope it can be resolved briefly because the customer with whom I have been working for more than 1 year is very upset, because if I do not receive the money I will no longer work on your marketplace which at this point I consider unsafe.

Upwork has no right to withhold freelancers' money after the security period.

aneeksiddiki40
Community Member

I requested payment from Upwork via Direct to Local Bank transfer account. I got the payment confirmation mail. The payment process mail usually comes after 2-3 hours of the confirmation mail. But it has been nearly 20 hours, but I didn't receive any payment process mail

Hi Rabiul,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to is still in process on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
rosinski
Community Member

I can see 880 replies on this thread. I've never bofore had a problem with Direct Transfers from Upwork but similarly haven't received funds withdrawn on April 3. Maybe one of the Moderators could try to explain the actual issue and it's growing scale instead of copy-pasting the "can't initiate the trace before 8 business days" rule? I'd like to receive an actual valid confirmation of the funds being released to the bank you're using so I can identify where the bottle neck is and possibly avoid it in the future, transaction ref. ID 465559666, thank you!

Cheers,

Rafał

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Rafał,

We don’t have any issues that are affecting your withdrawal. I can confirm that your withdrawal was successful on our end. Processing time varies from bank to bank. Our team will update you via your existing support ticket once they have more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rosinski
Community Member

cool, please include veryfiable confirmation of that successful withdrawal while contacting me with an update. Don't take it the wrong way but your written statement is not at all what I had in mind.

Best,

Rafał

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafa, 

I'd like to clarify that since this is a public forum, we can't share any information that may include your private information. As such, we can only confirm if the transaction has been successful or not. That said, don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread so that the team handling your ticket can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rosinski
Community Member

Avery, obviously I meant a private channel and contacted support directly. Surprise, surprise - the 4th bussiness day has just passed and I've received neither my funds or any confirmation of them being processed. Actually, come to think of it, received no help or any information from Upwork - thanks a bunch...

1923bb19
Community Member

I tried to deposit my earnings to my registered payment method. After I received the email saying that it's being processed, I realized my account number was wrong. So, I deleted it immediately to save time since it takes a few more days to enable a payment method. Right now, I'm just waiting for a notification about my payment being denied. 

I was wondering if I'll still get back my transferred earnings to my upwork account even if I deleted my payment method during the processing.

Hi Karl,

That's right! The process will continue as usual even if you deleted and re-added your payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork
3c4995dc
Community Member

I haven't receive my first withdraw, but I received the 2nd withdraw, I tried to use Help Support chat but it is not giving answers what I need. I need help to retrieve my first withdraw. Thank you.

Hi Ercel,

For Direct to Local Bank transfers, payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3f6240a8
Community Member

Hi,
I requested a payment
one on the Mar 21, 2022 (Reference ID 461728897 ) and  
second Mar 24, 2022 (Reference ID463217196 )

Two transactions have not yet received.(now is 8 april)

My bank did not accept this transaction and returned the money back to upwork's bank can you give me back my balance on the orders and i try withdraw my  money another way.

Hi Anastasiya,

I'm sorry to hear you still haven't received your funds. I checked and it does look like the team offered to initiate a trace for you in their last reply via support ticket. Please refer to your ticket here and reply directly to the team so they can assist you with this!

~Andrea
Upwork
3f6240a8
Community Member

hi,

but i can't reply for the my ticket 

AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths