🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Issue
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Jane. I can understand how this can be a frustrating time for you. Please know that bank transfers undergo processes before it arrives at your bank. If after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Exactly the similar situation happens with me, the payment recieved in minutes but I it delayed, I tried applied on 11 but still no response. And actually this is the first time I needed the most.

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your funds. I checked the transaction and it's showing as successful from our end. Note that in general, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Our team can issue a trace after 8 business days if you don't receive them by then. In the meantime, please check this help article to learn more about Direct to Local Bank fees and timing.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Team, I got some delay as well today. what happened? the upwork charges are on pending. causing the delay of my payment. please check.. this is not happening before.

Hi Roger,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a5f9b2fd
Community Member

Upwork just ACH transfered my first payment to my bank. However, upon looking, it appears the bank account number is missing the last digit. Will the money be put back into my upwork account, is it gone, help would be much appreciated. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joel,

Rest assured, your funds are not lost. If the funds can't reach your account they should be reversed back to Upwork. If 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us so we could initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
ajaysharmaupk
Community Member

HI,

I have requested the payment from 9 Aug 2021. But still didn't get my payment on bank. Last time I also faced the same issue on my previous payment. Can you please check and let me know when I get my payment?

Thanks

Hi Ajay,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
zakaria_ra
Community Member

Dear concern,

24 hours have gone by but, I haven't received any email confirming my payment was processed.

Usually, it takes one day or even less for that email to come.

I'd love to have some insights on the issue. 

Regards,

Zakaria Mahbub.

Hi Zakaria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to is still in process on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Many thanks for the reply. 

I guess I should wait a bit and see what happends.

3cc68c80
Community Member

Hi,

I haven't received my payment yet. Please take a look at this, I need it today.

Thank you!

Hi Wilfredo,

I checked, and it looks like you withdrew your funds via Direct to Local Bank. For Direct to Local Bank transfer, payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You might want to check the following help articles for more information:

Direct to Local Bank

Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing

~ Joanne
Upwork
mshahzaib101ed
Community Member

Hi, I hope you are fine. On 17 August 2021, I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I contacted the bank they said they didn't receive any payment.

What should I do?
Thanks

Hi Muhammad Shahzaib,

For Direct to Local Bank transfer, payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You might want to check the following help articles for more information:

Direct to Local Bank

~ Joanne
Upwork
djl4300
Community Member

I've withdrawn my first earnings on Upwork today and I realized that my bank account information is wrong. I use TransferWise and use a US bank account to withdraw the funds. Is there a way to get the money back? I appreciate any help thank you!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dennis,

In this case, your funds should bounce back to your Upwork account. If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, Will I have to do anything further or I'll just wait?

Also, can I remove the TransferWise US bank account entered while I wait for the funds? I'll be replacing it with a local bank in the US since I'll be moving there in a couple of days.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dennis,

There's no need to take any additional actions from your end. Feel free to update your payment method at any time so that your withdrawals are sent to the correct bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the fast response. I'll be coming back at this thread if the funds aren't back in 8 business days. I'll let you know.

alejandrojess
Community Member

So I have withdrawn my funds yesterday(I am a top rated) and usually I get the payment confirmation after 2 minutes my withdrawal but this time I havent received any confirmation yet on my email its been prolly 15 hours or so. Anything I can do? It frustrates me coz I need my money today. Thanks !

Hi Jesse John,

For Direct to Local Bank transfer, payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You might want to check the following help articles for more information:

Direct to Local Bank

~ Joanne
Upwork

But it is the first time that I didnt received any email after my withdrawal. Usually I get the email like more or less 5 minutes.

prabeshparajuli
Community Member

Dear Upwork,
I used to receive my payment within 30 minutes of the withdrawn from Upwork. Today I withdraw $21.6 from Upwork and I already received the payment on my bank account. Yesterday, I withdrew $30 and it was processed from the Upwork already yesterday. I haven’t received the payment of $30 still in my bank account.
When will I receive the payment?
Kindly let me know.

Thanks !!
Best regards
Prabesh

Hi Prabesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,
Thanks for the help.
Sure. I will let you know if it will not be available in my account after 8 days.

Thanks !!
rayaan7
Community Member

Hi, my payment got rejected from the bank but when i opted to withdraw the money again, upwork said payment has been processed but there was no confirmation that it has been sent or not. I have never faced this issue of payment rejection. Can you kindly tell me the current status of it right now.

Hi Rayaan,

I checked the transaction you're referring to and is showing as successful from our end. If the transaction fails, the withdrawal will return to your account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. If after 8 business days the funds are not reflecting on your end, please let us know so we can issue a trace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, i called my bank they said nothing is showing in the tunnel funds even the one that was rejected is not showing. They say it has something to do with upwork. Why was my payment rejected?
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rayaan,

Your funds should reach your account in the next 4 business days. As Aleksandar explained, we'll be able to initiate a trace if more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds.

~Andrea
Upwork
1f405438
Community Member

I made a withdrawal on 27th August 2021, and 30th August 2021.... I haven’t seen any of them in my bank account yet... and it doesn’t take this long before I get it

Hi Ifemayowa,

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties in your withdrawal process. There are a few things to try, but I might need more details:

1. Did you use this bank account to withdraw Upwork funds before, or is this the first time you sent funds to this account? If yes, did they successfully arrive?

If not, the problem may be a wrong account number, as in the detailes that were typed in when adding a new card as withdrawal method were incorrect.

2. Related to 1) and I'm assuming the answer is yes, but did you ever withdraw from Upwork before?

If not, Upwork sometimes restricts withdrawal for new accounts until you provide them with all information needed (such as ID verification, etc).

3. Wait a couple days. Aug 28 and Aug 29 were weekend days. It takes 4 business days for the transfer to be completed, as in this Wednesay/Thursday (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063828-Troubleshoot-Payment-Withdrawal).

4. If after 4 business days your payment still hasn't arrived, contact Upwork support immediately. They will trace your missing payment at no charge.

If this helped, please mark my response as a "Solution", it will mean a lot.

Have an amazing rest of the day,

Ana

Hello Ana! Thanks for replying, I have made several withdrawals to that bank account and I received it successfully.. I made a withdrawal on Thursday 27th of august, I made another one 30th or august
And I haven’t received any of the two.I would wait as you have advised... thanks so much Ana
rashelleuminga
Community Member

Hi Upwork!

I have concerns regarding the time when Upwork notifies me that my payment is being processed. With my colleagues that use the same bank, they received their notifications that their payment has already been processed after a  2-3 hours. However mine, I receive it after 13 hours the last time and this has become regular. Would it be possible to shorten that and make my payment processed within the same 2-3 hours time frame?

Hope for your assistance!

Thank you very much.

Hi Rashelle,

Thanks for reaching out! I checked, and it looks like you withdrew your funds via Direct to Local Bank. For Direct to Local Bank transactions, it can take up to four business days for the funds to arrive at your bank accounts. Please allow time for it to be processed. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know here, so we can initiate a trace on your transactions.

Direct to Local Bank

~ Joanne
Upwork
harshitarora05
Community Member

On Sunday, i.e. 5.09.2021, I requested payment withdrawal. After two hours, I got a mall stating your payment has been processed. But it's been more than 12 hours, and I didn't receive the payment. I usually withdraw the money payment and get it in under 7-8 hours. But this time I didn't receive it. May I know why there is a delay and when I will get my payment?

Arora wrote:

May I know why there is a delay and when I will get my payment?

Weekends and holidays do not count. Yesterday was Sunday, Today is Labour Day in the USA.

In general, it is supposed to take 2 to 5 business days. If you got yours earlier previously, that was lucky, but not the norm.

If you still haven't received your money after 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays), you can contact Upwork to initiate a trace.

Is there a person who manually discharge all the payments? Also, as per
your above reply, it means I will probably get my payment between Tuesday
to Thursday?

Arora wrote:
Is there a person who manually discharge all the payments? 

No, of course not.

Arora wrote:  Also, as per
your above reply, it means I will probably get my payment between Tuesday
to Thursday?

Two business days would be Thursday. But it could be earlier. Or later. Once the money has been processed, Upwork can't see it anymore. There is no point in guessing. Just wait until it arrives in your account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths