🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment not received to my PayPal Account
Page options
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

Payment not received to my PayPal

my transfer was denied because the option receive/withdraw funds was not activated on my account. my balance was 106.90$ but not it is 0$. how can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Amina,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. I checked and it seems the transaction is currently in process. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

660 REPLIES 660
f6e9ae83
Community Member

Hi, everyone.

I am going to add my Paypal to my Upwork account, but it is said that my Paypal is not verified. I can't believe it. I added my debit card to my Paypal account already. Please tell me how to fix it. Thank you in advance!

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Saleha,

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork, as the transaction cannot be completed from our end. Once you've added an alternative payment method, please let us know if the issue continues.

To check which payment source failed on your PayPal account, follow these steps:
  • Go to the "Payments" tab and click "Manage automatic payments."
  • Click on the billing agreement associated with "Upwork Escrow Inc."
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and check what funding source is your backup.
  • Update the backup source to a valid payment method and re-attempt the payment.
If the transaction fails again, the next step is to contact PayPal directly. Specifically, you'll want to talk to a PayPal Tier 2 agent and ask why your transaction to Upwork was declined.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fe14ed4a
Community Member

I tried to transfer my payment from upwork to paypal but it got rejected.The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds. Even though my PayPal account is verified. 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Weam,

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork, as the transaction cannot be completed from our end. Once you've added an alternative payment method, please let us know if the issue continues.

To check which payment source failed on your PayPal account, follow these steps:

• Go to the "Payments" tab and click "Manage automatic payments."
  • Click on the billing agreement associated with "Upwork Escrow Inc."
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and check what funding source is your backup.
  • Update the backup source to a valid payment method and re-attempt the payment.
  •  
If the transaction fails again, the next step is to contact PayPal directly. Specifically, you'll want to talk to a PayPal Tier 2 agent and ask why your transaction to Upwork was declined.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5cfc382
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

It's my first time withdrawing money from Upwork and when I try to use PayPal it got rejected the reason behind this was that Upwork was unable to apply funds,

Can anyone help me in knowing how to withdraw from Upwork using PayPal

Hi Manhomit,

If you have any issues with payments the best way to be contact support, but just in case you should make sure your Paypal account is working and everything is setup properly.

Hi Manmohit,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same problem here.
Anyone have found a solution ?

Hello, My payment request from Upwork to PayPal got rejected. And I recieved this email.

Hi Mohamed,
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I don't know what is the problem, but I have added paypal to withdrawal methods and I have no other alternative payment methods.

I live in Egypt btw.

Please solve it ASAP.

Thanks.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
denismwai
Community Member

My transfer to my Paypal account hasn't reflected on Paypal and it has been 2 days since the transfer. How can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

hello Denis , contact the support team by this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us  they will help you

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your message. Payment transfers from Upwork to PayPal occur immediately in most cases. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If a transfer was initiated more than 24 hours ago and is still not complete, please contact PayPal.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
deba26e4
Community Member

Zeyad M My HR KP wrote:

cannot withdraw my money to paypal it keeps mail me :Your payment has been rejected and Payment method has been disabled please i need help asap

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone got a suggestion?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi MacKenzie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

In my case I have found that I didn't verify my debit card that is attached to my PayPal account 

0b8d0e47
Community Member

Hi! I want to buy connects using paypal but always been declined the moment I'll make payments. My paypal accoung have been verified for so long, I already linked my debit cards account even my bank account but I don't why my payment method been decline. Can you enlighten me please. Thank you

Hi Crezil,

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding your PayPal account. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0221e876
Community Member

I made a withdrawal to PayPal by mistake, thinking it was my bank account. I informed the support team that it was unauthorized since I thought it was someone else. But since then I informed Upwork support team of the error I made and I was the one who made the transfer thinking it was my bank account but received no response in 3 days.

They told me I'll hear from them within 10 hours, it's been 3 days now and I'm getting a bit worried.

Any ideas on what should I do?

You set correct PP address? Just wait money at PP or UW account.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Youness,

We certainly understand how alarming this is for you. I can see that you've been coordinating directly with the team handling withdrawal issues. Please continue communicating with the team on this page or your email, and they will assist you efficiently and accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0221e876
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your reply! I still haven't heared back from the support team after many attemps of reaching them through my ticket. Is there anything else I can do in order to get a reply back? The orignal message said that they will get back to me in 10 hours and it's been 4 days now. 

Thanks again!

- Younes

ca19dac4
Community Member

not able to add billing method not able to authorize card it says and it works on other sites very well

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact your Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal and try again? You can also add an alternative payment method from this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dsnw
Community Member

Is there anyone else having this problem right now? I withdrew my funds and transferred them to my PayPal. I always get the money immediately. But today it says the $2 transfer fee is still being processed - "due and has not been paid". And so the money has not hit my PayPal yet. Would like to know if this is normal occurence. Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths