🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Your payment has been rejected
Page options
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

Payment not received to my PayPal

my transfer was denied because the option receive/withdraw funds was not activated on my account. my balance was 106.90$ but not it is 0$. how can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Amina,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. I checked and it seems the transaction is currently in process. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

660 REPLIES 660

Hi Manhomit,

If you have any issues with payments the best way to be contact support, but just in case you should make sure your Paypal account is working and everything is setup properly.

Hi Manmohit,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same problem here.
Anyone have found a solution ?

Hello, My payment request from Upwork to PayPal got rejected. And I recieved this email.

Hi Mohamed,
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I don't know what is the problem, but I have added paypal to withdrawal methods and I have no other alternative payment methods.

I live in Egypt btw.

Please solve it ASAP.

Thanks.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
denismwai
Community Member

My transfer to my Paypal account hasn't reflected on Paypal and it has been 2 days since the transfer. How can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

hello Denis , contact the support team by this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us  they will help you

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your message. Payment transfers from Upwork to PayPal occur immediately in most cases. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If a transfer was initiated more than 24 hours ago and is still not complete, please contact PayPal.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
deba26e4
Community Member

Zeyad M My HR KP wrote:

cannot withdraw my money to paypal it keeps mail me :Your payment has been rejected and Payment method has been disabled please i need help asap

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone got a suggestion?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi MacKenzie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

In my case I have found that I didn't verify my debit card that is attached to my PayPal account 

0b8d0e47
Community Member

Hi! I want to buy connects using paypal but always been declined the moment I'll make payments. My paypal accoung have been verified for so long, I already linked my debit cards account even my bank account but I don't why my payment method been decline. Can you enlighten me please. Thank you

Hi Crezil,

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding your PayPal account. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0221e876
Community Member

I made a withdrawal to PayPal by mistake, thinking it was my bank account. I informed the support team that it was unauthorized since I thought it was someone else. But since then I informed Upwork support team of the error I made and I was the one who made the transfer thinking it was my bank account but received no response in 3 days.

They told me I'll hear from them within 10 hours, it's been 3 days now and I'm getting a bit worried.

Any ideas on what should I do?

You set correct PP address? Just wait money at PP or UW account.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Youness,

We certainly understand how alarming this is for you. I can see that you've been coordinating directly with the team handling withdrawal issues. Please continue communicating with the team on this page or your email, and they will assist you efficiently and accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0221e876
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your reply! I still haven't heared back from the support team after many attemps of reaching them through my ticket. Is there anything else I can do in order to get a reply back? The orignal message said that they will get back to me in 10 hours and it's been 4 days now. 

Thanks again!

- Younes

ca19dac4
Community Member

not able to add billing method not able to authorize card it says and it works on other sites very well

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact your Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal and try again? You can also add an alternative payment method from this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dsnw
Community Member

Is there anyone else having this problem right now? I withdrew my funds and transferred them to my PayPal. I always get the money immediately. But today it says the $2 transfer fee is still being processed - "due and has not been paid". And so the money has not hit my PayPal yet. Would like to know if this is normal occurence. Thanks

Same here. Almost never have a problem and tonight no $ yet.  I withdrew almost an hour ago

Well mine says the withdrawal fee is paid but I'm still waiting on the funds :(. Hate when they have payment issues

Same issue on my end. I'll just wait a few more hours. I'm just glad to know it's not specific to my account. Thank you, hopefully we get them within the day. Keep safe!

Yea always nice to know that it's an "upwork" issue and not just our single own account. Hopefully they sort it out soon, got things to pay lol

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikki and Jennifer,

I checked both transactions you're referring to and can confirm that they've been initiated (In progress). Please be reminded that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please get in touch with PayPal and check on the status of the transaction. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
d03fefec
Community Member

I have made a withdrawal to my Paypal account on 04/08/2020 (Friday), but didn't receive the amount in my Paypal account until now. Have call Paypal support and they said there's no transaction from Upwork on that day. Can somebody help me ?

Hi Amirah,

I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal to Paypal. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
eagbing
Community Member

Hi, everyone. So you know how if you get paid out through Paypal and it's almost instantaneous? I withdrew last Friday, August. 4, and have yet to see the funds. Been going back and forth with customer support for the past few days waiting for a solid update, but always get the, "We're looking into it", response.

Just want to know if anyone else has experienced this before, how was it resolved, or if I am simply being unreasonably impatient. Thanks in advance for any insights! 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
eagbing
Community Member

Hi Annie,

Thank you for responding. Yes, I raised a ticket Saturday afternoon. Every time I inquire to get some update, the support team keeps telling me they will look in to it, that their engineers are looking in to it, that they will update me.. so on and so forth. The only updates I get are that they are "still investigating". And it looks like there are a few other freelancers with this same issue.

May I please know why this is taking so long? Any sort of explanation to put my mind at ease would be greatly appreciated. Coming up on 5 days now and no funds. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Looks like its all good now. A coincedence that it's resolved after posting on a community forum? hmm... ineresting.. anyway, thank you!

I have not receive mine until now. 😔

6fcafdae
Community Member

Hello, I didn't receive my withdrawal on my paypal please assist me.

montillavictor
Community Member

Hi,

As many other, I'm having this same issue, it has been more than an hour and my payment hasn't been received in my PayPal, I never had this issue before and I really needed today since is faster for me to sent to PayPal and then to my bank account than you sent to my bank account directly, can someone please help me and check what is going on with the transfer? As I said before, I really need that money to be sent today, thanks

Hi Victor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
38b5c2b5
Community Member

I withdrew my funds from Upwork to PayPal some hours ago however the funds have not reflected on my paypal account. I received a payment confirmation email from upwork but still nothing in my PayPal account. What should I do?

Hi Ndiko,

In most cases, payment transfers between Upwork and PayPal occur immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If a transfer was initiated more than 24 hours ago and is still not complete, please contact PayPal.

- Pradeep

Upwork
935d1fa9
Community Member

Keep a record of all communication, including emails or chat conversations with both Upwork and PayPal support. This will be helpful in case you need to escalate the issue further.

2bc48f25
Community Member

Hello. I have tried to withdraw my funds to my verified PayPal account but it has been rejected. Can you help me please?

Hi Iryna,

I can see that you have already raised a ticket regarding your concern with the Customer Support team. Please allow more time for them to review your ticket and get back to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kokosijamerima
Community Member

Hi, I cant withdrawal my payments. I added 2 credit cards and afeter a few days I got a notification that my account number is incorrect. I contqcted my bank, everything is correct. I verified my identity on upwork. Also, I tried to withdrawal it to paypall, also no succes. Is there a minimum I have to withdrawal? Or what can be the problem?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths