🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment not received to my PayPal
Page options
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

Payment not received to my PayPal

my transfer was denied because the option receive/withdraw funds was not activated on my account. my balance was 106.90$ but not it is 0$. how can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Amina,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. I checked and it seems the transaction is currently in process. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

666 REPLIES 666

Hi Dmytro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
erblin1996
Community Member

I cannot withdraw money to PayPal

I am trying to withdraw money to PayPal, but it was unsuccessful and I have am email:

"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Hi Erblin,

I am sorry to hear about your Paypal withdrawal. Could you please contact Paypal support directly to check your account status? Let us know if the issue persists after they've checked it on their end and we'll assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi I have contacted them and they said its ok from their part.The issue its still here I still cannot withdraw money.

Hi Erblin,

Thank you for following up. I just checked your most recent withdrawal transaction and it was successful on our end. If the funds get returned, please do not initiate another one and let us know so we can check for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Erblin,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

Hi Erblin,

I am sorry to hear about your Paypal withdrawal. Could you please contact Paypal support directly to check your account status? Let us know if the issue persists after they've checked it on their end and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
6a8cc93c
Community Member

This is the first time I want to transfer money to PayPal and I have been denied three times.
"The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds"
I have everything set up, I do not understand what the problem is

Hi Yurii,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your Paypal withdrawal. Please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again once the issue is resolved on your Paypal

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ssprieto
Community Member

Hi,

I am encountering an issue regarding my wtihdrawal amounting to $96 from my UPwork account to Paypal. I havent received the amount in my Paypal account and it hasnt been reflected. It is usually instant when transfering. Please help!!

Hi Salome,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your Paypal withdrawal. Please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again once the issue is resolved on your Paypal

~ AJ
Upwork
9b9da1bc
Community Member

Hello community,
I'm trying to withdraw my earnings to my active paypal account (that i use frequently), but when clicking get paid it says that the payment is sent to my paypal and after 1 minute i see that the withdrawl has been returned to my upwork account with the message "your payment could not be processed" i also received an email from upwork saying "The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds." .
please help it's been almost 2 weeks that i have this issue.
ABBAD 

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
9b9da1bc
Community Member

Hello community,
Since 2 weeks, i'm trying to withdrawl my earninigs to my paypal account (which i use quite frequently).
when i try and click on "get paid" the transaction comes back to my upwork account after one minute and i receive an email from upwork  stating "The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds."

please help as i don't know what to do right now 

Best regards 🙂

ABBAD

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f6f43e37
Community Member

I have tried to withdraw 4 times but it only deducts the service fee and it won't show in my bank account or paypal. It just always bounces back in available earnings. Fix this asap please. I have been deducted for service fee 4 times already

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Darlene, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your withdrawal was returned to your Upwork account because of the incorrect account number added to your payment method. Could you please double-check if you added your ATM card number instead of your savings/checking account number? In cases where a withdrawal is returned because the issue lies in the payment method (i.e. incorrect account information), the withdrawal fee will not be returned. 

As for your Paypal transaction, in most cases, payment transfers between Upwork and PayPal occur immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If a transfer was initiated more than 24 hours ago and is still not complete, please contact PayPal.

~ Avery
Upwork
4051d07f
Community Member

Hi, I have an issue and I can't transfer money to my PayPal account. 
I get an email that says: Unable to apply funds.

I've linked and confirmed my cards on PayPal, everything should work fine.

How do I resolve this?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miloš,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
mouhoucha
Community Member

Hi everybody, I hope you are all doing well.

I tried to withdraw a couple of dollars to my paypal account but the payment keeps getting rejected, could you please help me with this?

thank you.

aleksandrrudenko
Community Member

Please tell me why I can't withdraw funds?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal to check your account status and try again after the issue is resolved with your Paypal account? You can also use an alternate payment method to initiate the fund withdrawal.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aleksandrrudenko
Community Member

Tell me why I can't withdraw my funds?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact Paypal to check your account status and try again after the issue is resolved with your Paypal account? You can also use an alternate payment method to initiate the fund withdrawal.  

~ AJ
Upwork

I also cannot withdraw funds through Payoneer. But the commission took $3 from me, and the funds never came out

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while initiating the fund withdrawal. 

The United States and other countries have sanctioned a number of banks, which means that we and our payment processors can no longer support these banks. In addition, it is possible there will be outages due to infrastructure or other issues that may impact your ability to make and withdraw payments. If you are using a Payoneer account to initiate withdrawals, please reach out to them directly to assess whether they will be able to transfer your funds to you. As of March 5, Payoneer is no longer accepting new customers in Russia or Ukraine. This means that the Payoneer option will only be available for existing customers. Note that this is a rapidly evolving crisis and as circumstances change, this may impact other payment options. You can refer to this page for more information. You can try adding an alternate payment method to withdraw your funds from this page.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I received a confirmation from Payoneer that I can receive funds from your service

Hi Robert,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
f91c1917
Community Member

Hello, I wanted to transfer money from my upwork account to paypal. An error occurs when trying to translate. My paypal account is full, I have already made transfers to it, and I transferred money from paypal to the card. But I can't transfer money from upwork to paypal.

Hi Volodymyr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact Paypal to check your account status and try again after the issue is resolved with your Paypal account? You can also use an alternate payment method to initiate the fund withdrawal.  

~ AJ
Upwork
296ca558
Community Member

Your payment has been rejected (Paypal)
And got this message: 
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately, it failed.

I have tried 3 times but no luck. I am in Baku, Azerbaijan.

Could you please help me with this issue? 

Hi Eldar,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check your account status and try again after the issue with your Paypal has been resolved?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
277a703f
Community Member

good afternoon. faced with a problem with the withdrawal of funds. at first I tried to withdraw to PayPal, but I got an error, after which I added the payment method to my bank account, but I also encountered an error, I received a notification by mail: The reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields: date_of_birth.. What could be the problem ? I confirmed the documents and when filling out the profile, I indicated the same date as in my passport. What should I do in this situation? How can I get paid for my work?

Hi Illia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
linuxrootpk
Community Member

Hi, 

I made a wire transfer on 2nd July 2022, but haven't received in the bank till today 16th July 2022.  Please help. 

Hi Haider,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If a transfer was initiated more than 24 hours ago and is still not complete, please contact PayPal.

You may read this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

I'm not talking about the PayPal transfer, that was successful, Im talking about a wire transfer I did on 2nd of July.

Hi Haider,

Thank you so much for following up and clarifying. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you in initiating a trace. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
70fd96f5
Community Member

Hello,

I have a problem while trying to get paid, since I'm living in Serbia now and my paypal is permanently banned 2018 due to ebay sales (so I'm not allowed to use it ) and payoneer is not an option for me, is there any chance that I can use paypal of my wife? I can see that  there is no other way for people from Serbia?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Nebojsa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths