🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to contact customer support
Page options
c96f18ce
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I am having a similar issue. I am setting up a personal freelancer account and I need a phone number to proceed with the final step but my phone number is also being used for a client account which I need. Could someone advise please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,489 REPLIES 1,489
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Laurie and Nicholas,

I’ve escalated your community posts to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ae9a2928
Community Member

So, I went to apply for a job, and it told me my cell phone number was in use, so now I can't apply for any jobs.  I went through the chatbot asking for "phone number issue" and "create ticket", and all it does is send me to this prompt: 

ae9a2928_1-1708362985905.png

I just need to get my phone number issue solved quickly, but I've looked for 90 minutes about how to support a ticket, ChatBot won't let me create one, and this is preventing me from conducting business and applying for work!

Can you help?

Thanks!

Brent

I am having the same issue, and this is extremely frustrating. 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Brent and Kyle,

We saw your posts in the community and converted them into support tickets to give them the attention they deserve. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance with your phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
09870d76
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I've encountered an issue while verifying my phone number on Upwork. The system indicates that 'This number is being used by another account.' I need assistance to resolve this matter as I don't recall associating this number with any other account. Your prompt help in addressing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Naweed

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Naweed,

Arjay here stepping in for Avery. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your report the attention it deserves. One of our agents will contact you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
86b82c4c
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my phone number to send me a code and it says my number is already in use this is the only profile I have with upwork and I need to have it sent to my phone 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Monica,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3a34ca76
Community Member

I just created my account and would like to start applying to job postings but I receive an error saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used Upwork before. Would someone be able to assist me with this?

Hi Sheryl,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b406d653
Community Member

I had a previous account which was deleted but now I am unable to create a new account as it says my mobile number is being used. 

I've tried the chat bot which was useless and cannot find an answer. please help

Hi Amy,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
99e3099c
Community Member

I've read all the forum posts where support jumps in and says "contact us". I've read all the ways to contact support - which is just a dumb chatbot that doesn't actually answer anything (thanks for wasting my time there guys). And I read the instructions to send an email but they don't  provide an email address. I'm trying to figure out how to set up my personal freelance profile but my phone number is still tied to a defunct work account that I don't have access to. It won't let me proceed with the setup and I'm just stuck. How do I get this resolved? 

You cannot create fresh account each time you want. It is rules violation.

Some moderator will contact you here and help to restore original one.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi KL,

Mykola's correct! All members can only have one account and several violate the Upwork TOS. That said, I've converted your post into a support ticket to give this the attention it deserves. One of the members will reach out with more information and further assistance in completing the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a36da635
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue. I am unable to apply for jobs due to this issue. Can you help me rectify this issue please.

Hi David,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a36da635
Community Member

Thank you

c7eb8e52
Community Member

Hello

My phone number is saying that it can't be verified/is already in use. However, that should not be the case.

I have no other account here on upwork, and no other phone number I can use instead to verify. Who can I contact to get this resolved so I can start working?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rose,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in completing your phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bfaf8adf
Community Member

I'm unable to remove a phone number from an account I no longer have access to.

In trying to contact support about this, I've been unable to do so. The chatbot keeps sending me in a loop to visit the Academy or this Community page, so I can't contact support in order to verify my account even though it's what I need to do.

All I want to do is get my account verified and have the phone number removed from the old account, and right now it's impossible to do so.

Good luck with that.  I have flagged a message for Upwork review, created a support ticket, reached out on social media accounts, posted a message on this forum and still no response from Upwork support accross the board.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zachary,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties getting in contact with our support team for assistance. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e996413d
Community Member

Hi, 

I need help on this issue. thanks! 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Neil,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths