🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone Number is already in use
Page options
Ross P Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I am having a similar issue. I am setting up a personal freelancer account and I need a phone number to proceed with the final step but my phone number is also being used for a client account which I need. Could someone advise please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,489 REPLIES 1,489
Jennifer C Community Member

After apply for a job, then to verify phone number by text or call and neither works. I'm getting this message: Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Origbo O Community Member

Can you help me? I have tried verifying my phone number but I don't receive codes after waiting for hours, I've tried other numbers and devices same thing... really frustrating 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Origbo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Jennifer C Community Member

Thank you!

Nick S Community Member

Hello,

I am attempting to apply for jobs and it's asking to verify my phone number, when I click on text or call, it states that "Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support". Please help.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Nick,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your account concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Corey G Community Member

I have an active phone, but it has no texting capabilities. How can I get the verification code to finish setting up my profile?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Corey,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Corey G Community Member

Yes, I do need assistance. How do I reach the support team directly? Thanks for your fast response.

Shawheen A Community Member

I am having the same issue someone please assist.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Shawheen,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Skyler C Community Member

While creating this new account, it says my phone number is already taken. That's not possible. I just tried logging in with all of my google accounts, all of my emails, and my Apple account and all of them take me to create a new account or say that I don't have an account. I need my phone number removed from your system and I'd like to know the account it's associated with

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Skyler

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Ernest C Community Member

I accidentally created two upwork accounts. I deactivated the second one after I realized this, but I can't change the contact information on my active account now. It says the email address is already in use. I couldn't add my phone number to the second account because it was already attached to the first one, which is how I realized I had already created an account.

So now I can't add my email address to the first account, and I can't add my phone number to the second account.

The only support option I have been able to access is the chat bot, which has been unhelpful. It appears there is no way to get support from a human. How do I fix the contact information on my account?

Hi Ernest,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Alia I Community Member

I am setting up a personal freelancer account and I need a phone number to proceed with the final step but my phone number is also being used for a client account which I need. whener I try applying for a job I get this message "phone number is already in use" and I cannot proceed with th application.

Could someone advise please. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Alia,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jane S Community Member

I am trying to submit a job request, but the system says my phone number is already in use. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thank you!

Hi Jane,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Peter R Community Member

Hello. I know this topic has been posted time and time again, but everything I have read for a solution was direct communication with the support team. 

I cannot finish my profile setup because apparently an old email may have my phone number attached to it. Whatever account I have, I would like deleted so I can start fresh. I do not remember ever using upwork in a freelance capacity before. I do remember using upwork to find someone for a project in the past, but was unsuccessful.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Peter,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Simeon O Community Member

Hello Support. I have a client account which I opened some years ago. I no longer use the former phone number. I opened a freelance account, and could not have my new phone number verified. It says number already in use. Could you help?

Thanks.

Simeon

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Simeon,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Luz M G Community Member

Hello, I need help with the same issue. I need to receive verification code but am being told that my number is already in use which cannot be the case. Please help? Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths