🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
f43c85c1
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number but it just keeps saying Phone number already in use. That's my only phone number and I'm not sure what to do. Help please! 

Hello,

I understand the frustration you're experiencing with trying to verify your phone number on Upwork. The "Phone number already in use" error message can be puzzling, especially when it's your only phone number. Let's work through this issue:

1. Double-Check Accuracy: Firstly, make sure that you've entered your phone number correctly, including the country code. Sometimes, a minor typo can lead to this error.

2. Contact Upwork Support: If you're confident that the information you've entered is accurate and you're still encountering the error, it's best to reach out to Upwork's customer support. They can investigate the issue on their end and assist you in resolving it.

I encountered a similar issue a few days ago. However, I promptly reached out to Upwork's support team for assistance. I am pleased to share that my concern was successfully addressed and resolved within a span of 24 hours.

Thanks! How do I contact their support team? I can't find an email anywhere

You're welcome! Upwork's primary method of contacting their support team is through their Help Center. To get in touch with Upwork's support team, follow these steps:

1. Log In: Log in to your Upwork account.

2. Help Center: Navigate to the Upwork Help Center. You can usually find a link to the Help Center in the bottom footer of the Upwork website.

3. Search for Assistance: Use the search bar to look for topics related to the issue you're facing. Upwork's Help Center is quite comprehensive and covers a wide range of topics.

4. Contact Support: If you can't find a solution through the articles in the Help Center, you should come across an option to "Contact Support" or "Submit a Request." This will likely lead you to a form where you can describe your issue in detail.

5. Provide Details: When submitting a request, provide as much detail as possible about the problem you're facing. This will help Upwork's support team understand your situation and provide a more accurate solution.

6. Response: After submitting your request, you should receive a response from Upwork's support team via email. They might ask for additional information or provide steps to resolve your issue.

Keep in mind that Upwork's support team typically responds within a reasonable timeframe, but the exact duration may vary based on their current workload.

Still nothing, they make it so difficult to contact them.

What you have to do is open your upwork account then on the top right you will see a Question mark click that Question mark then click Help and support and then you will easily contact them 

Hi Ryan,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while verifying your phone number. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
leahtrue
Community Member

Upwork is not letting me move through to the final steps of completing my profile so that I can start working because it says that 1. it can't find my address and 2. another account is using my phone number. I don't know how to find if I have an old account floating around somewhere, and it would be really nice if Upwork had a way that you can talk to an ACTUAL REAL PERSON to get these kinds of issues resolved in a timely manner. Can someone from Upwork please help me figure out what other account my phone number seems to be connected to and remove these errors that are preventing me from completing my profile?

Hi Leah,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I've immediately converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi there,

I can't complete my account setup because it keeps saying that my phone number is already in use by another account. I have tried logging in with every old email I can think of and the few that I know I made accounts with in the past but didn't end up using, have been deleted. Can someone help me figure out which account my phone number is connected to so I can get rid of it and continue my account setup?

Hi Leah,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry if you're having difficulties setting up your account. I see that the team has responded to the ticket you raised here with further instructions on resolving the issue. Please don't hesitate to update your ticket by replying to the email sent by the team to reopen the ticket. They'll look into your case and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8b725ae6
Community Member

Hello Upowork I also have this issue and cant contact anyone from the support team. can someone help?

Hi Sabastian; I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

You can access your ticket here.

~ Samuel

Thank you!

79e46d7d
Community Member

Hello! I have signed up on upwork and I am trying to verify my phone number but I am not receiving anything. Help! 

Hi Secretina,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We sincerely apologize if you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
heymrlb
Community Member

When I try to create my account, it tells me my phone number is already being used by another account.  I have no idea what acount that is and there is no way I can get passed the actual account creation.  How can I contact someone here to help me?

Hi Bruce,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance on setting up your profile.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5fde64a
Community Member

I have never had an Upwork account in the past and it keeps saying that my phone number is already in use when that should be impossible. Please, I need help so I can use Upwork.

Hi Nathan,

I have escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Alyssa
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths