🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: the beneficiary name on your payment meth...
Page options
c3ca1bf0
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, today, I am trying to add paypal as an additional payment method.

My full name on paypal account is Cong Dinh, which is the same on upwork account.

But upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But I noticed that the verified name on contracts and invoices is Ding Cong. Is this the reason?

If so, this should not be a big deal!

Can you help me add paypal quickly?

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

635 REPLIES 635
PradeepH

Hi Cong,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your payment method is already accepted. Your new payment method will be active after 3 days for security purposes. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, Pradeep, thank you very much!
Best regards.

Hello Pradeep

I have the same issue all I have the same name on upwork and paypal

Hi Natnael,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep! I recently got notification on my Upwork profile that "Some services are on temporarily hold, needs to verify identity again". When I go to verify my identity it is showing name "Muhammad Hamza" but my name is "Muhammad Usman" also on my profile. And when I go to the Identity Verification page on my profile it shows Verified. So, please help me either it is a glitch or what?

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello sir PradeepH! I am facing the same problem, i used my full name John Martin Policarpio in upwrok and paypal, and still says that my name is mismatched

Hi John,

I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted. Please allow 3 days for the payment method to get active. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Please check mine too, all of cards are mine but Upwork keep on saying that my name is mismatched. Thank you 

Hi Valerie,

The team contacted you directly via a support ticket to further assist you. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,
I'm facing same issue: "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Could you help me please.
Thank you.

Hello!

My upwork username is the same as my paypal username and the email is the same. But the upwork page says that my username doesn't match and later shows that my paypal payment method is not active. How can I fix this please?

Best regards.

Hi Ruan,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that your payment method is already accepted. You can fix the issue by completing the Tax Information page. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeeph

Can you help me also, i want to add my company bank account, it has issue miss match with my name. I am ready with the required documents to verify.

Thanks

Hi Nu'man,

Thank you for your message. You can add the company bank account and our team will reach out to you if they need additional information or documents from you to approve your request.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,
I'm facing same issue: "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Could you help me please.
Thank you.

Hello Luiz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Ivy
Upwork

solve my issue to benefisiary name mismatched.verify my  withdraw account

Hi! I am facing the same issue. I was trying to add my bank account but it says my name is mismatched. Please help me.

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. Your payment method will now undergo security verification and become active in three days.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dmdl1994
Community Member

thank you so much!

Hi! I am facing the same issue. I was trying to add my bank account but it says my name is mismatched. Please help me.

Hi Pradeep, I've been trying to contact upwork to address my mismatch verification, I've submitted the identification documents a week ago and it is still in progress.

Are you able to help me please?

Hi PradeepH,

I'm facing the same issue, I added my Paypal account, which is the same name in my Upwork and I received an email saying, "The name "Sundos Alrofaie" on your payment account ended in 0000 has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance.", I appreciate your support. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths