🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
80ab242a
Community Member

Hi Arjay, sorry to bother you but can you please help me with the name mismatch again? 🙂 I just added my second card and it happened again. I would really appreciate it, thanks for all the work you do here, your support was great so I figured to ask you.

PS: Is there somewhere I can rate you?

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I do not see a name mismatch notification on your account. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f5e4f609
Community Member

Hello my problem is the name on my identity card there is a space in my last name but On my credit card there is no space and I waited 48h to resolve this problem by the Upwork support but there is no answer 

Hi Ouafae,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the name mismatch has already been resolved. Please note that in general, it could take up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
361da4c6
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to the Upwork. 

I've recently got a job, completed it.

I've verified my identity wity my accurate name. 

Now, I've to withdraw my earnings.

The problem is, my name on my payoneer account is "Syed Ikhtiyar Hussain Shah" by a mistake.  

It's actually"Ikhtiar" as on Upwork, but "Ikhtiyar" in Payoneer.

So what should I do now?

Hi Syed Ikhtiar Hussa,

I have checked your account and can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. For security reasons, your new payment method will be active and ready for use after three days. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab1a1e35
Community Member

Hi,

I see the warning on my profile page: Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

My account name on my local bank: NGUYEN VAN MINH. In which, NGUYEN is family name, VAN is middle name, MINH is first name.

Please advise me how to edit the my Upwork name so that it's matched the bank account name.

Thank you.

Hi Minh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
kristinakoh
Community Member

Hello, 

can someone please help me with matching my bank account and Upwork name? 🙏
The name is the same, so I don't understand...

Thank you.

Kristina

Hi Kristina,

I checked and can see that the name mismatch has been already cleared. However, note that your payment method is going through a security verification process and should become active by Feb 5th. You can check that by going to Settings > Get Paid.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,

thank you, but I can still see, that there is a mismatch.

Please, how do I make it work?

Thank you,

Kristína

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment has been accepted now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

thank you. I still see the error tho...:/ Can you accept it again please?

Than you,

Kristína

Hello, please can you help me with my payment method being verified? Thank you. 

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your name is now approved. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

seems like it's all good now. 🙂 

Thank you very much! 
Kristina 

Community Member

Every time I try to add my PayPal as a payment method, my account says name mismatch. My paypal and upwork names are the same.

Hi Joseph,

I checked but couldn't see that you have your PayPal account added as a payment method currently. Kindly add it and if it gives you the name mismatch error, please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I removed the payment method when it showed that error but now it has been added and still showing the same error

Hi Joseph,

I can see that you've added it and sorry to hear you're still seeing the error. As I mentioned earlier, kindly allow 24-48 hours for the relevant team to review the name mismatch. You'll be notified if any other information is needed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rowland25
Community Member

Hi, For some time, I have been having this problem with my Upwork account about my payment reception account despite the fact that both names are exactly thesame.

I have even used this particular account to recieve payments before. Please, what is going on? I have completed a project now, and have some money in the account. I really need the money on the account as I am in a major pinch. Thank you for your help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rowland, 

The mismatch on your payment method has already been cleared. 

~ Avery
Upwork
368a9ee2
Community Member

My verified name on upwork is in arabic and my paypal account name is in English thus the beneficiary name is mismatched what should i do i tried to change my name to arabic in paypal and it doesn't work so i belive I'll have to change my verified name in upwork how to do that ?

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
wilfredoguardado
Community Member

So i have done this several times. I am getting a name mismatch on my payment method that i want to add, I have checked many times and the name is the same in both paypal and upwork.

Hi Wilfredo Rolando,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and following up on the name mismatch issue with your accounts. I can see that you've already raised a couple of support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a9d360da
Community Member

I am a freelancer and am not getting paid because my company bank account name does not match my verified name on UpWork. Can someone please help me with this? I have submitted two support tickets (ID 38965520 and ID 38995483) and have not received a reply in over 48 hours.  I even attached a receipt of my city business license, to the support ticket, to prove that my company name is tied to me.  It seems impossible to speak or chat with a live real person in the land of UpWork Support.  I feel I have done everything I can to make this issue quick and easy to verify and resolve...but am getting no response.  Any advice?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
a9d360da
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea!

5e39501d
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I need help on getting paid for my first UpWork job. I added my bank information to UpWork but it will not allow me to get paid as "[my] payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on [my] payment method does not match the name on [my] Upwork account."

My full, legal name is Marisol Elizabeth Arnold. I just don't use my middle name too often, so I go by Marisol Arnold, especially if there's no option for a middle name.

My bank cards, both debit and credit, read Marisol E Arnold.

There is no option to put a middle name in one's UpWork account. I did type in my middle initial on the "First Name" option as Marisol E, but I'm still getting the same error. Should I write Marisol on the "First Name" and E Arnold on the "Last Name"? 

Is there anyone working on UpWork's customer support that could please help me with this?

I genuinely have absolutely no idea on what to do here or how to fix this.

Hi Marisol,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5e39501d
Community Member

Hello, Luiggi,

Thank you very much for your reply and your assistance! I'm happy to confirm that the mismatch issue has been resolved and I was able to withdraw my earnings to my bank account.

Thank you again!

Kind regards,

Marisol.

Hi Marisol,

Thank you for letting us know. Happy to hear that the issue is resolved now. Feel free to message us if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
786b4919
Community Member

My input name in my card and upwork are the same but I still get a notification that it's mismatched. Been trying to solve it for 2 weeks and now I'm just frustrated.

Gillianne,

Please click the " Get Support" button on the bottom right of the screen and request help. Any screenshots that you can provide will speed the process. Have a wonderful day!

Hi Gillianne,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
erij_hamouda
Community Member

Hi , I have a problem about getting paid , it says that my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. On the other hand i verified and my name is correct 

What should i do ? thank you 

Hi Hamouda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the name mismatch has already been resolved. Please note that in general, it could take up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
viktoriabushara
Community Member

My Upwork account name and my Bank account name match perfectly yet my payment method is still deactivated.

It's been a week now and I am unable to sort this issue out. Could someone advise me please? Thank You

Hi Viktoria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths