🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
b9ea02f4
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

After three days of security periods, my Direct to Local Bank payment method is still inactive.I respectfully request that you look into this matter and assist me.

Thanks inadvance

Hi Abdullah,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. They have confirmed that your payment method is now active and ready for use. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9238aa48
Community Member

thanks for you fast response

e77677c8
Community Member

My direct to bank payment method is deactivated due to the issue of benificiary name mismatch... I updated my name as per bank details still I am unable to access the amount. So please kindly look into this matter and help me out. Thank you. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi KANAMARLAPUDI,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
6bd4f1a9
Community Member

Hey everyone I logged recently to upwork and when I tried to connect my account to paypal it was declined for names mismatched even I have the same name in both of them but in upwork paypal shows me that my name is my email addres 
Anyone have an idea please help

Thank you 

I had a name mismatch situation not too long ago and I contacted Upwork Support chat. They checked on it from their side and let me know what was needed.

Hi Ahcene Abdellah,

I took a closer look at your account and I can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
shahnoor_10
Community Member

Hi , i had a very important query. recently i started working at upwork. As i came in to get some works. first they asked to verify identity which i followed completely . secondly i had this issue that payment withdrawl so i have to attach a payment method. i attached payoneer but at that time i had my brother payoneer account so his bank details were in it. so they again asked me for account verification and name they showed now was of my brother's which is issue. i have removed that payoneer account which i did and want to upload any account on my name only. For that i need that to re-verify they show my name not my brother's account name of payonner

Hi Shah,

As you mentioned, you'll need to add a payment method that's under your name to your account. I can see that you have already removed the one you had before. If there's any need for verification after you've added the payment method of your choice, the team will notify you. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, but they asked me to verify my identity, and the name they are
suggesting is that of my brother's bank name. I have removed that Payoneer
account and want to add a new payment method in my name but since its a
temporary hold on my account, I cant update this also they still showing me
to verify my identity with my brother's name which I don't want to. i want
to update my identity but my name should be there also I want to be able to
add Payoneer or bank on my name

Hi Shah,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
b53f8143
Community Member

Hello,

I have tried to link my PayPal Account for to withdraw some payments but Once I linked Them it said that the name was not Matched . I opened a new paypal account with the same name of my upwork account but still the same  issue.

Please how could i solve this ?

Thanks,

Hi Salah,

I checked and I don't see any payment method added to your account at the moment. Please, be sure to add a payment method and if you do get the error you've mentioned, the team will review it and will notify you if there's anything you need to do on your end. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6e85c41a
Community Member

Hello, 

I have my account under my married name while all my bank accounts are under my maiden name, including my ID. I have legally changed my name on my social security card (to my married name) but my driver's license/passport doesn't match my married name yet. I do have my marriage certificate to prove that I am married. 

Please assist me if possible, it will not let me withdraw my funds. 

I chose to put it under my married name due to it being my stage name. 

Just Contact upwork team and they will fix it for you!

Hi Tori,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
57b5553a
Community Member

hi,

My name is ömer but ı can't enter my name on the payment method, 

if i try to Omer ACAN format, gimme 'The beneficiary name is mismatched' error

how can ı enter my name and surname? 

thx

-Ömer AÇAN

Hi ÖMER,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Problem solved, thank you for everything.

sushichanrai
Community Member

I have a difficult first name so to make it easy for clients I have used my nickname as my profile name in the past (this was before 2020).  However in 2023, it would seem that your profile name and bank account holder name must be same otherwise you can't verify your payment method? Surely that cannot be right? Not even my Mother calls me by my government ID name!! Please advise what can be done for me to keep my profile name as per the nickname I have always used and my bank account holder name as per my bank account. I don't mind the client seeing that on invoices, but in putting myself forward for jobs, I should be able to market myself in any way that is going to get me work, and that starts with your name.

Hi Sushi,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
609856ad
Community Member

Hello, I get a message that my payment method has been deactivated because the payee name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account, is there a solution?

797476c5
Community Member

Hello,I’ve already uploaded my passport and I’m a verified freelancer. But I’m using my preferred name on my upwork profile, which is different from my legal name. If I want to withdraw my account balance, will the name discrepancy be a reason to reject the withdrawal?

Hi Nora,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork and its Community. To help safeguard our users, we require your name to match the name on any bank accounts or payment methods you intend to use. To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork.

Don't worry! If you are experiencing a beneficiary name mismatch, your bank says that the name is mismatched, or any sort of other name mismatches, we can often resolve this issue. If our team finds an issue with your account, we will reach out to you with follow-up instructions on how to correct it.

~ Arjay
Upwork
57b5553a
Community Member

hello, on the technical support page it says that the problem is solved, but there is no reply. The problem is not resolved either. can anyone help?

Hi ÖMER,

I checked on this and it looks like our team is working on your resolving your concern. They had to close the new ticket you created because you are already being assisted on the other one. 

We highly suggest that you avoid creating several tickets for the same concern as this may further delay the team in assisting you.

~ AJ
Upwork
dd9c19b0
Community Member

Full error message is: "Payment method verificatiın in progress. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.".
My surname has the letters 'Ç' and 'İ' in my credit card so my name is mismatched how can I solve this? How can I activate the my payment method and get paid?
c3ed2aa4
Community Member

I have a similar problem: I entered payment information. However while entering it the form did not allow me to use the Turkish character "Ö" in my name. I had to type it as "O". So there is a warning about my name is mismatching the bank account holder name.
Will it create any problems for payment?
TIA

3d85e846
Community Member

Hi, 

I use an English name in Upwork which is not my legal name. So to verify my billing information, I've submitted the copy of passport and the government-issued residency certificate. But then somehow I got an email saying there's an issue. I've reviews the checklist but am confused what's the reason for that. 
Please specify what's to be modified, and I'll do so right away. 

Thanks,

Alex Kim

Hi Kim,

I can also see that the team has provided you with more details and instructions on how to resolve the issue here. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to the email you received if you need further assistance. The team will surely review your case and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3d85e846
Community Member

Hi, I've removed and added a new account info. Kindly review the registration again? 

Thanks!

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
jesustineo
Community Member

Hi.

I added my PayPal account as payment method to retrieve my earnings but the platform (Upwork) says there's a mismatch between my name on this service and my PayPal account, which is a mistake. In both services I'm registered as Jesus Tineo and properly identified, and also I use the same email for both. I already tried to ask for support via email, but haven't recieved any replies yet, and the Get Support option was no use. How can I fix this?

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I took a closer look at your account and I confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
23a94390
Community Member

Hi there. please i'm having the same issue with the name verification. i've been trying to set up a payment method with my U.S bank account, but it keeps telling me i have mismatched names when both names are clearly correct. 

please i would appreciate a resolve on this 

thanks.

It seemed to have been cleared before, but it showed up again

Hi Esele,

I took a closer look at the status of your payment method and I can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. It is now active and ready for use. You may want to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser if it still hasn't been reflected on your end.

~ Arjay
Upwork
23a94390
Community Member

Hi there. please i'm having the same issue with the name verification. i've been trying to set up a payment method with my U.S bank account, but it keeps telling me i have mismatched names when both names are clearly correct. 

please i would appreciate a resolve on this 

thanks.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Esele,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths