🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
23a94390
Community Member

Hello again, I'm sorry but it's still showing me a notification that the names are mismatched

Screenshot_20230112-194231.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Esele, 

This should be resolved now. Note that if you delete this payment method, it will go through another review if you re-add it.

~ Avery
Upwork
23a94390
Community Member

Thank you very much.

609856ad
Community Member

I've waited over 48 hours for the support team to check that the names match, what is the solution to this problem

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
609856ad
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea, for the reply, but I haven't received any help yet. I waited more than 4 days before placing the order, and 2 days after placing the order, but to no avail. can you help me?Screenshot 2023-01-14 211738.png

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you haven't received a reply from the team yet. I've followed up with them and can confirm that you should no longer have a name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e6310ed1
Community Member

Hi team, I tried adding my payment method (Paypal) so I can transfer my funds from Upwork to Paypal however it showed me an error message/notification: Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork then I uploaded my ID in Upwork to show that it's me but I did not get a resolution yet. I also created a ticket for this matter since I need my money :(. I hope someone can help me with this matter.

Sincerely,

Ever 

I also recieved a message like this too

Hi Ever,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment methods has been accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Hi Luqman,

I see that your payment methods are already active.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
64ea0f13
Community Member

Hi I am also having the same problem. My name is Rüya Ece Kaçar but since the English letters doesn't have these lettlers I can't vertify my payment method.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruya,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
64ea0f13
Community Member

Hello! My payment method looks still inactive and I couldn't figure it out. Can you help me about that? I only get tax certification notification for U.S. taxpayers but I am from Turkey.

Hi Rüya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order to withdraw earnings, please complete a W8BEN Foreign Status CertificationIf you are a U.S. taxpayer living outside of the United States, please complete a W9 Form. I would like to clarify that you will have the option to fill out the W-8BEN form once you select that you are a non-U.S. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1d1ba290
Community Member

when i link my paypal account, it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, please help

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
1d1ba290
Community Member

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Ahmed,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

Thank you 😊 

1d1ba290
Community Member

Hi, 

I have linked the bank account and it gives the same problem, can you fix it for me please 🙏 

inferious77
Community Member

Hello,

I have previously tried to withdraw to local bank with the name 'Justin Halim' (works on other platforms) but I have received an email stating that the payment has been rejected due to 'Invalid beneficiary name'.

Factually, the name on my bank account is only 'Justin' with no last name and since upwork does not allow only first names on your profile I have also recieved a Beneficiary Name is Mismatched error when trying to change my payment method beneficiary name to only 'Justin'. 

Please help me resolve this issue,

Thanks,

Justin.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

hey I got the same issue can you please fix it ? 

It has been over 96 hours since I've made the ticket and there has been no response.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3bb8a1d1
Community Member

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

I'm facing this problem to get paid. Since my name is Turkish, there are some letters that are not in the English alphabet, can you help me?

Hi Gokay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1d1ba290
Community Member

when I added a payment method (bank account), I got this error :

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
so please help me,
Thanks in advance.

The error message "Beneficiary name is mismatched" means that the name on the bank account you are trying to link to your Upwork account does not match the name on your Upwork account. To resolve this issue, you will need to update the name on your bank account or on your Upwork account so that they match. You can check your bank account to make sure the name is correct, and you can also check the account details on your Upwork profile, to make sure that you have used the correct legal name. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, it's also a good idea to check Upwork's help centre or contact Upwork's customer support team for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional information on the requirements for linking a bank account to your Upwork account.

they are both the same using my government ID 

they helped me with the same problem with another payment method.

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have received an email saying that the name (Ahmed Alaa) on my bank account has been manually reviewed by your staff and didn't meet the criteria for compliance.

please I need your help to withdraw the funds.

Hi Ahmed,

I can confirm that the team has reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further with this. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1d1ba290
Community Member

I'm facing this beneficiary name mismatched problem in my bank account information, and I'm sure that both are the same ( using my government ID ). 

please help!

7e366710
Community Member

Hi! I am Ayaan. I use my mothers paypal and when I tried to connect it into upwork, it denied because the "name on paypal did not match my name". Please help! I tried to contact a person but that didnt work.

Hi Ayaan,

Thank you for your message. The name on your payment method must match the name on the Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d7a9a2be
Community Member

Hello, I have just started a freelance job and hopefully I will get paid soon. However, I have been getting a red warning for a long time, which you can see in the attached picture. Can you assist me on how to proceed with this?

The text of the error I got is as follows;

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hi Ismail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d408d8dd
Community Member

Hi,

At my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my name only contain one word "Hanifa" on my bank account. However, I can not change my profile name in the upwork because it's need first and last name. 

Could you help me to activate my payment method?

Best wishes,

Hanifa

Hi Hanifa,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and already active now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
02df915f
Community Member

I have the same error. My ID has been approved. But the problem of mismatch of my name in my bank account has been there for more than 48 hours (maybe 72 hours). My name is "Ömer Faruk Boran" in my ID card and the same in the bank. But the bank does not accept not English characters when entering the information. Can you help me ?

Hi Omer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths