🐈
» Forums » Support » The "Skills" section of the profile is so bug...
Page options
mohamedhaddi
Community Member

The "Skills" section of the profile is so buggy.

Hello,

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile for the last 3 days, whenever I delete a skill or move it or add a new one and hit "Save", when I refresh the profile nothing is changed! The old skills are still there.

I've tried removing the cache and cookies and still have the same issues.

Also sometimes when I add a new skill it won't even save and it will throw me this error message:

"There was an error loading this page: error [7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS, 7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

mohamedhaddi_0-1659545747417.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

We want to confirm that this issue has now been resolved. Kindly clear your browser's cache and cookies and retry adding your skills. If the problem persists, please update this thread by replying to my post so we can assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience, everyone!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

144 REPLIES 144

Hi Upwork Community,

I'm Lindsay,

I'm new here and it feels great to be here. However, I have an issue I have been battling with since 3 days now. I am a freelancer but I'm unable to edit my skills. I want to venture in a particular niche and bring down all other skills. I have been trying to remove other skills and by the time I recheck, it will still be the same set of former skills. It's unable to edit my new skills which is making me get clustered work feed. Please help on what to do.

ps: I have also cleared cache and used another browser but still no solution.

Regards,

Lindsay.

tooba226
Community Member

Hi, My every client is having error while hiring me for job post. Also my previous issue of changing skill is still on pending. I got a text from Upwork company. But he didn't respond to my email. Kindly check my clients are facing issue. Attaching images. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines*

**Edited forCommunity Guidelines**

Hi Tuba,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. Please expect an update through this page or your email from them shortly. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
tooba226
Community Member

Hi Arjay, what should I say to my client? He want to hire me but receiving attached error. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tuba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like your contract has already started with this client. Please let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
f1ecd428
Community Member

Hi there! I am having the same issue. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Hi Javiera, I haven't been able to fix it. Seems like Upwork support system only reply to some set of freelancers and ignore the others, because I have sent this message twice and no one has replied yet but they keep replying those who dropped a message even after me. Please if you get a solution, let me know. Thank you.

For some strange reason I was able to modify some skills now, but not all of them 😅

dc65a652
Community Member

Hi, I want to change the skill but I can't, every time I change and refresh the skills it's still the same

reactwhizz
Community Member

I have been trying everyday since last week to update the skills on my profile all to no avail. I keep getting error message. I have attached a screenshot.

I need help.

Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ajewola, 

I moved your post to this thread. Please know that this is a known issue and our engineers are working to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
casipe-jancarlos
Community Member

Same i cannot change  my skills too. How to fix this problem?

0f1797b8
Community Member

Hi there,

I have same issue now. I am looking forward to to fixing it ASAP.

Best,

Gabriel

Hi Upwork Community,

I'm Lindsay,

I'm new here and it feels great to be here. However, I have an issue I have been battling with since 3 days now. I am a freelancer but I'm unable to edit my skills. I want to venture in a particular niche and bring down all other skills. I have been trying to remove other skills and by the time I recheck, it will still be the same set of former skills. It's unable to edit my new skills which is making me get clustered work feed. Please help on what to do.

ps: I have also cleared cache and used another browser but still no solution.

Regards,

Lindsay.

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for your message. I see that the support team has already reached you for the same inquiry via a support ticket and your concern is already escalated to our Technical team now. You will receive a response via the same support ticket as soon as they have an update for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H, could you please take the liberty to give me a proper explanation of why I haven't been able to edit my skills since 3 weeks now. I haven't gotten any Email or support system via Upwork since I have been posting this issue. I'd love a proper and realistic explanation. Thank you.

cmorrisodesk
Community Member

I'm trying to add and delete some of the skills listed on my profile, but I keep getting error messages. When I don't get the messages, it updates but then later reverts back to old skills. Must be a technical problem. See the attached image. 

smartcoderdba
Community Member

I am a freelancer since 2010, you can call me the most loyal freelancer of Upwork, as I have earned thousands of Dollars at Upwork. I have observed that Upwork is no more serious with its freelancers.

I want to edit my skills in my profile, but due to a bug in Upwork, I am unable to edit my skills in my profile. In fact, apparently, it shows it removed or added skills, but it didn't in fact when you refresh old skills will already be there.

I already reported this issue to support, but 7 days ago, but yets not been resolved. which is quite disappointing as I am not being appeared in any search.

6 months ago, I reported a bug but it took 2 months to resolve the issue.

Hi Abdul,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to update your profile skills. Please note this is a known issue that our team is currently working on resolving. As you mentioned, I can see that you already have a ticket with the Customer Support team and you can rest assured they will continue to assist you. Since you recently followed up with them, kindly allow 24-48 for them to get back to you.  

~ Luiggi
Upwork

This issue was first reported on Aug 3, by Muhammad, and since then Upwork team is working on fixing this issue.

Does this mean the Upwork development team is no more competent to fix this issue for 55 days?

Is this issue really a priority for you guys?

I am a freelancer paying Upwork commission for every Pany I earn along with a monthly membership fee, do I have a right to ask you guys to put this issue at priority? Because I am suffering from this issue and have not been invited for the last 3-4 months for any project.

princekalariya
Community Member

I am also facing the same error I can not edit my skills please let me know what I can do to change my skills.

Thanks

marketer_ayomide
Community Member

Hi Upwork, please I have been unable to edit my profile skills close to a month now. I patiently waited hoping that Upwork would sort it out due to a temporary problem but it's been a month now. I have revamped my profile and my skills are outdated. Can you please help check it out ? Thank you.

2b4f95f9
Community Member

c

49359ab5
Community Member

Hi!

I faced the problem that I can not change my skills in the general profile. I've learned some new technologies in recent months, and I'd like to list them in my profile, but I can't. Such a problem did not arise in the specialized profile, where I was able to specify my new skills.

Please tell me what exactly caused this error, maybe I don't fully understand something? I have tried to do this several times over the past few days to no avail.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply!

Community Member

I am having trouble updating my skills on my profile error [74a3cc040dbfd1cc-MCT, 74a3cc040dbfd1cc-MCT]

alexander_osnova
Community Member

When I try to change my skill stack, I always get this error when I'm trying to save my changes or leave the page otherwise. I already tried to log out and in again, I cleared my cache and also tried with a different browser.

There was an error loading this page: error [74a7f82efdd6623d-SEA, 74a7f82efdd6623d-SEA]. Contact Up

Thanks for your help

Oleksandr

marketer_ayomide
Community Member

I have also been trying to edit my skills for a month now but all to no avail and that's what stopping me from changing my profile. Please let me know if you are also facing that problem. Thank you.

4ab25025
Community Member

How long will this take to resolve? Your site is useless without using the skills to find work. And Your site is so javascript heavy it's slow and buggy (check all the js errors in the console on one's profile page). Maybe you need to hire some freelancers to help fix the issues?

5bdfb4e4
Community Member

There was an error loading this page: error [74b157df7928de5b-SEA, 74b157df7928de5b-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.
hi im facing this issue while updating my skills please help me out to resolve this issue thanks
870669c7
Community Member

I want to add more skills to my profile and delete a few of them. But whenever I reload the page. The changes I made have disappeared. Please fix this ASAP.

I am experiencing this as well 

f1f95f8e
Community Member

Hello @@pranab how did you solve it? I'm having the same issue

a0ba6d04
Community Member

I am in a problem. I can not add skills more than 9. Please visit my profile skill section and solve my case immediately. Please check the attached file.

c1154d98
Community Member

Currently facing the same problem trying to move past the "Adding Skills" page while creating my profile. I get the error message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support". I have tried clearing the cache and cookies, even different browsers. Getting thsi same error.

aaticheema
Community Member

Hi Bilal, I have the same issue,  I have tried clearing cache and cookies but I am unable to get any solution, i have the same error.

can you help me in this regard, how you fixed your problem? 

Hi Atif,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this known issue has caused you. Rest assured that our team is currently working on resolving this and we'll keep you posted whenever we have updates or if it's been resolved We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f1f1b3be
Community Member

I have tried to edit the skills on my profile. It appears to work; but when I refresh it reverts back to what is was prior. Can't seem to locate the support ticket either. I've done it numerous times before; but seems ot have disappeared from Help & Support. 

Any ideas?

bilsim
Community Member

Try cleaning your cookies, a different browser or different device.

a0ba6d04
Community Member

I'm trying to add and delete some of the skills listed on my profile, but I keep getting error messages. When I don't get the messages, it updates but then later reverts back to old skills. Must be a technical problem

f1f1b3be
Community Member

I've tried all of the above. This has been happening now for weeks. Please fix it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths