🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to accept offer
Page options
whylengkeek
Community Member

Unable to accept offer

Dear community,

I received my first job offer on Upwork today, but for some reason I can't figure out, I'm not able to accept the offer (see screenshot to get an idea of what the interface looks like). Does anybody here know why there's no "accept" button or something similar? I suspect it's a technical reason. But whatever it is, it's extremely frustrating and I'd appreciate any help or advice on the matter.

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Yannick

64 REPLIES 64

Hello Annie, I'm having the same issue as Pallavi and want to know what I need to do to submit my support request ticket? I received an offer from a client and it's waiting for me to accept by 2/15/2024; however, the accept offer button is grayed out. Can you or someone please help?

Hi Zady,

I checked your account and saw that one of our team members contacted you about your account status. Please respond to the ticket with the details they have requested. You can access the ticket by logging into your account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
3a73fd26
Community Member

HI Joanne, 

Unfortunately, it looks like that message was solved and closed out on January 21, and I don't see an option to reply. I'm also not sure why I did not see that message in my notifications so that I could provide the information she needed. Is there an email or way I can respond to that message somewhere?

Hi Zady,

There should be an email notification sent by our support team whenever they provide updates on ongoing cases. You may access the ticket through that email and coordinate with the team by responding.

I see the team responded to your ticket yesterday (10 February) with updates and further assistance. The support ticket is still open, so please don't hesitate to communicate with the team; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
227ee248
Community Member

Hi Goran, 

Thank you for your reply I hope your team could solve my problem due to i need to start the job as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 
-Herni 

f214de1b
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to accept a job offer but I am receiving the following error message:
"An error has occurred. Please try again later"
I have tried clearing my browser cache and cookies and also tried using another browser. Still getting the same error message on the following day.

Any advice on what could be the issue?

Thank you in advance - Syaffreena

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syaffreena,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea!

I'm trying to accept a job offer but I am receiving the following error message:
I have tried clearing my browser cache and cookies and also tried using another browser. Still getting the same error message the following day.

Hi Huy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sandeepmaurya67
Community Member

Hello Andrea!

I'm trying to accept a "Any Hire" job offer but I am receiving the following error message:
I have tried clearing my browser cache and cookies and also tried using another browser. Still getting the same error message on the following day.

Hi Sandeep,

I would be happy to help. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the offer you are referring to? Please share a screenshot of the offer from your end. I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ec79fff0
Community Member

Hello, community

I'm trying to accept my first offer but this message keeps on popping up: "An error has occurred. Please try again later." I've cleared my cache and cookies. I've also used another browser but the problem is still not being solved. I've been doing this since yesterday and I'm afraid that if this keeps on happening, my client would withdraw the offer. Any advice that can help me with this issue? Thank you very much.

-Kalaya

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalaya, 

I checked your client's account, and there is an issue with their account. The team has reached out to them already, and once they resolve their account issue, you should be able to accept their offer. 

~ Avery
Upwork
c1641265
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I am able to click on the  "accept the offer" button but it just takes me to the onboarding tasks and shows a task for a compliance manager. When I go back to the jobs it still shows the offer as a pending contract and to accept or decline it. 

cf477a14
Community Member

Hi everyone, please am having this same issue as well. I just received my first job offer and I cant get to accept it for the past 20 hours. please help look into this we really need a solution, I don't want to lose this job, please any help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you in advance...

Hi Abdullateef,

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to accept an offer. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abdoudje
Community Member

Im also encountering this problem for the offer for my first job " An error has occurred. Please try again later "

Hi Djellit,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Is this an 'Invitation Project?' Or a project that requires connects? If it's one that requires connects you will need to scroll down to the bottom and let UpWork deduct the 'required' amount of connects from your account.

3268b998
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I just started up work and my client sent me my first contract, i am not able to accept due to technical problems and it says that I should try again in a couple of minutes - it says that already for 3 days. I'm afraid to lose this opportunity if I cannot accept soon.

Please help!

Thank you in advance

Hi Luisa,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and did not find the invite. In general, a job is taken down due to ToS violation. You will notice as well that there's no message room anymore. This is to prevent freelancers from transacting with scammers.

~ AJ
Upwork
pvz1079
Community Member

Thanks for letting me know.
5ebb2027
Community Member

Hello,

I have problem, Accept offer button is gray and don't work.
I have try to clear cookies and cache but same problem. Also on Upwork mobile app this button is gray and not clickable.
This is second offer i c'an not to accept.
Pleas help.
Thank you

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi AD,

This happens when the client account associated with the offer is no longer available or was closed by the Upwork team. Please, check out this course for more tips on Staying Safe on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
5ebb2027
Community Member

Hi Andrea,
thank you for replay and information.
AD

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths