🐈
» Forums » Support » INVALID IBAN
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

645 REPLIES 645

Bank is not found but i enter correct IFSC code again and again , 

i tired try please help me 

Hi Nasim, please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the bank codes. That said, since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

Any update on this, for me the same issue, I entered correct IFSC code and it says 

Bank  not found please check the IFSC code or enter branch  address manually 

Now what to do please help me......

Bank not found I' ve added a correct IFSC code of my bank branch but it says bank not found.

I tried to add branch locally but next button seems to be not working.

Bank name:  Bank of Baroda.

Please look into it

Please help me.....

Hi Misba,

Check this help article for the correct format of bank codes. If your bank is not in our database or has recently changed its information, you can manually enter your bank details by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. Click "enter it manually" on the pop-up that appears, and a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. Confirm the code and other information with your bank before entering changes manually to avoid potential withdrawal problems.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
PradeepH

Hi Ruiyu,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortuntly, I still can not set up my local bank. I've double checked everything with my bank, and everything is correct. I even tried different browsers, and the problem still there. Could you please let me know is there any other solutions?

Best,

Ruiyu

Hi Ruiyu,

Hi May,   Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

I have the same problem like Ruiyu, can you please help? 

Thanks, 

Leiming

Hi Leiming,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nickcameron3d
Community Member

My withdrawals keep getting rejected.

I used Bank Transfer with Upwork, when suddenly the removed my account info last year.

I reenabled it with the same account and now when I try and withdraw the money its being rejected due to incorrect information.

Also wants a BSB code which Banks in New Zealand don't use.

Basically the automated system wants a 12 digit code, and thats just not how our accounts work.

We have 00 0000 - prefix, account is 0000000 -000 which is 10 digits and the upwork form will not accept the correct account number.

So when upwork asks for a 12 digit account number, that doesnt exist for me. I need it to process a 10 digit account number. 7 digits for the account, 3 digits for the suffix.

Hi Nicholas,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
f379a198
Community Member

I want to withdraw my money to Direct Local Bank. But it said "Your payment could not be processed”

I already fill the information of the Bank correctly. What do I supposed to do?

Hi Abelia,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties setting up your payment method. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
yeshwant_naik
Community Member

I was trying to set up payment method to get payment transferred directly to my bank account.

Upwork did not identlify the IFSC code "YESB0000464" of my bank. Upon adding bank details, the payment failed.

Can you someone please help me set it up?

Hi Yeshwant,

Some possible reasons this can be happened-

- New Payment method will take three days to active.
- Your Upwork profile name and Bank Account Name not matched, in this case you can update your bank Account Name like as what your Upwork account has.
- Check out your IFSC code again here- https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011640014

You can also check out further details here how to transfer funds to local Bank- https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063888-Direct-to-Local-Bank

If there have any additional issue please contact with support team . Thanks!

-Raju

Hi Yeshwant,

We appreciate you reaching out and I sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have checked your account and I can see that you successfully set up your local bank as your payment method. Let me know if you need further assistance. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Dear UPWORK,

I have withdrawn my money to the local bank account recently and it failed many times. Can you tell me what the problem is? I went to the local bank here to check and they said no problem with my account. Upwork message said that The reason for returned funds is an Invalid account number. I used it many times and it normally can be transferred and withdrawn so why did this time it said my account number is invalid?

Please check and fix it ASAP.

Thanks

Hi Elena,

I'll have one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further in adding a payment method. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
de02cc33
Community Member

I originally created my profile using Google. My google name is laid out differently (FirstName-MiddleName Surname) to my banking details (FirstName LastName). I have updated this on my Google profile, but it doesn't appear to be carrying across to Upwork. I have no option to change my name manually on my profile page on Upwork. I am unsure how to proceed at this stage.

Hi Kirsty,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
a78c23ca
Community Member

I added a new bank account to get paid but it returned error.

I am trying to reach to Upwork team from last 5 days but no one is available to chat.

Also created two tickets but no reply so far from last 5 days.

How long does it take for Upwork team to reply to support tickets. 5 days are long time to respond to basic query.

Hi Ansh,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I saw that the agent assigned to your ticket has already responded to you. Please, refrain from creating new tickets and instead use the existing ticket about this case to provide any additional information or ask questions. That will allow our teams to assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork
1893f885
Community Member

Hello, I tried to withdraw money few times but I can't do it. I just got mail that my account number is invalid. I checked it at least 10 times and it's correct. Please help.

Hi Srdjan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
naresh0101
Community Member

I'm unable to add my IFSC code, I'm trying to add IFSC Code it shows an error Bank not found
My IFSC code is UTIB0003277

Hi Naresk Kumar,

Can you please confirm if the error message is giving you the option to "Enter branch address manually"? If so, please try to enter and let us know if you're still having an error. If you can provide screenshots of the error that would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2efef24d
Community Member

Hi. I have an error in my payment method. "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country."

https://www.xe.com/ibancalculator/sample/?ibancountry=turkey This is Turkey's IBAN format. I do the same thing but still getting error. How can I fix this?

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork
e-sophie
Community Member

Hello. I selected ACH to US Bank payment method. My payment was unsuccessful because while filling the Bank routing number, Upwork system automatically selects The same bank with a different address from the right address I have. There is no way for me to manually type the correct address. This is why my money was returned to my Upwork account after wasting time waiting for days. I don't need upwork to select a bank address for me. How can I manually input the correct Bank address? Thanks. 

Hi Sophie Adaeze,

I can see that you've reached out to the team about your concern and a support ticket has been set up. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am trying to add my Paytm Payments Bank to my Upwork account to receive payments but when i enter the IFSC CODE which is PYTM0123456 the error shows up saying "Bank not found"

a805e1e2
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I am from India and Iam new to upwork n my profile setting is still pending because i could not find my ifsc code. My ifsc code is ICIC0002643. Can u please help me

Hi Duanchuiliu,

You can enter your bank's information manually in order to be able to add it as a payment method. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals. Please check out this help article for more information about the correct format of the IFSC codes.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fd87b11e
Community Member

Hey Andrea, I'm having the same issue and followed the instructions. These are my options when trying to add a withdrawal method. When I click Set Up, it guides me to enter my debit / credit card details and it obviously states recommended for U.S while I'm based in Canada.

Please advice on next steps

fd87b11e_0-1704663422049.png

fd87b11e_1-1704663528413.png

Hi Chandni,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please know that you'll see this message as this is best recommended for users in the US but users from other countries may also use this option. This does not mean your account is being detected as from the US and not Canada. If you have other payment methods like Direct Deposit and Wire Transfer, you may choose them.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I am unable to find my Bank through the IFSC code and complete the process of setting up payments in direct to local bank . 

Hi Jyoti,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your bank's IFSC is typically found on your checkbook or the RBI website. Each bank's branch has its own IFSC, so check with your bank to ensure you use the correct code. We encourage you to provide us with your correct branch IFSC to avoid delay in receiving your funds.

Let us know if you need further assistance afterward; we'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a5dc536c
Community Member

Hi:

I am very new to Upwork. I have created my profile, and my verification is still not complete. 

When I am trying to setup 'Get paid' option by entering Local Bank information for direct payment. It is not taking me to next step once I have entered my Financial Institution code and Transit code.

Can someone please HELP!!! as I already have a job contract but I cannot get my payment.

Thank you,

Hi Saima,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths