🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509
cfb204b8
Community Member

Hello! How did you solve this problem? I have the same.

Hi Anastasiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please try contacting Paypal support to check your account status and attempt your withdrawal again after the issue with your Paypal account has been resolved. You may also try to use other payment methods to withdraw your funds. Kindly check this article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
inna_guata
Community Member

I have the same issue with both PayPal and bank withdrawals! Please help. I'm Ukrainian

5bc2d5e4
Community Member

Hello!
I cannot transfer money from Upwork balance to Pay Pal account. I have the same problem as Mirza M.
Can you help me? I'm Ukrainian. 

Hi Vladyslav,

Thank you for your message. I see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c9c79d12
Community Member

Hello, I am having this same issue as well

when I tried to transfer my funds to paypal I received an email which stated the following and that amount was sent back to upwork.

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

224393b2
Community Member

Hello, i am experiencing the same problem. I tried to withdraw twice and it keeps saying "unable to apply funds".  Is there a way to fix this? 

Hi Sapor,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

There seems to be nothing wrong with my account. it is verified and activated. i have tried sending payment to Philippines and it worked. But i am still unable to withdraw money from upwork to paypal.

Hi Sapoor,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have re-added your Paypal now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I just re-added it again and tried to withdraw but it still doesnt work. Same reason "unable to apply funds." 

Hi Sapor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2bf196ab
Community Member

My payment keeps getting rejected even when my Linked Paypal Account isverified and I even use the same email for both Paypal and Upwork? I've contcated Paypal support and my account is active and has no issues

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

But it's been over 48 hours and there's still been no response/resolution

Hi Patrick,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
enotzhe
Community Member

Hey, have same problem, can I resolve it somehow?

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
7392d0e3
Community Member

Hello guys, I'm trying to withdraw the funds to my Ukrainian PayPal account but the withdrawals are getting rejected with the following fund:  Unable To Apply funds

Please help me, I'm emergency situation and I don't have 3 extra-days to add an alternate payment method and re-activate it. My PayPal account is verified and registered to the same name as my Upwork 😞

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same problem 😞

Tried twice.

Hi Kate,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f241d58a
Community Member

I have the same problem, getting rejected with : unable to apply fund . please help me

Hi Ekaphonh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4f607989
Community Member

Hi, I am faced on issues when I withdraw money to Paypal.

I thought that's Because I am from Ukraine. So I created new Payoneer account and connected it to Upwork.

Do you think it works? thanks.

9bf676aa
Community Member

Hi , 

I am also having the same problem. Unable to apply funds  whenever i try to withdraw using paypal. Can i get some help with it ... 

Hi Anand,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
887ec5a0
Community Member

Unable to apply funds to my PayPal account, despite doing it multiple times before.

Please help. Freelancing is my only source of income.

Hi Mohamed,

I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account? You can try initiating the fund withdrawal after the issue is resolved with your Paypal account or add a different payment method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

thank for you for your concern. Indeed, I have checked my PayPal account and there is nothing with it. My account status is perfectly valid. Plus, I get the "Unable to apply funds" email instantly as I make the transfer. If the issue stemmed from PayPal, it would have taken some hours to process the transaction.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b27aa791
Community Member

Hi,

I am also having the same Upwork to PayPal withdrawal issue “Unable to apply funds”, I need help.

Hi Emiene,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
airnayden
Community Member

I have now a similar problem - initiated a withdrawal to PayPal and 26 hours after - still no money. Support is not responding.

PayPal support asked for PayPal transaction ID, which I can't get, because support is being lazy.

Hi Nayden,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
617790f2
Community Member

hello there

i linked my paypal to my upwork account to get paid but when i trying to withdraw i get this message

Your payment on 08-May-2023 could not be processed 4:55 AM 

please answer ASAP

thank you

victorsmith
Community Member

Hi there. I also have the same error. The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Hi Viktor,

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same error. Could you please contact your Paypal support to check your Paypal account status and try again? You can also add an alternative payment method from this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
837c0eeb
Community Member

The payment keeps coming back. Why?

Through paypal 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths