🐈
» Forums » Support » Undefined Profile Link
Page options
e395c954
Community Member

Undefined Profile Link

Hello,

My profile in private because I haven't earned in a while, it's okay.

But after submitting a proposal my General profile link is undefined.

Please help me !

Thanks

Izaz

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

The issue with the broken link for General profile has now been fixed and we'll be closing this thread for further responses.

We appreciate your reports and patience while this was being worked on. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96
novalab
Community Member

Hi there! The problem I have is "Freelancer profile not found" when I click to the chosen profile in my already sent proposal. I have several profiles and all of them are not found in all of my proposals. The chances to get the project are almost 0 if the client cannot see my profile. I've seen that others have this problem as well and Upwork solved it. Please help me with this issue.

7561022c
Community Member

Hello All,
1. When I am submitting a proposal, I noticed that the Portfolio link (Graphic Design) which is under Profile Title is not working and showing URL https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined and not opening my profile portfolio URL https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014544e90e427d82ea?s=1017484851352698959 May I know how to fix this? Attached Screenshot

2. Also one more thing in the profile I have added a Website Design Portfolio https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014544e90e427d82ea?s=1044578476142100494 and you can see Website Layout Image is not showing in full size in Portfolio and only showing just up to banner section. Can you please let me know why the whole full-size layout design is not showing in a portfolio?

Thanks in advanced
Sohil Jain

Hi Sohil,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the profile link issue. You can access your tickets on this page.

Regarding the portfolio image issue. Please know that while the minimum dimensions for thumbnail images are 400px width x 300px height, a width of at least 1000px is recommended. Please check this help article for more information.

When you upload your image, you will see a preview which is in a cropped, square size. There is also an edit icon there that will prompt you to adjust the cropped square. If you ignore the edit icon and don't edit the crop, you can publish your portfolio and the images will be displayed in the original ratio.

Could you please try uploading your image again and let us know if you're able to publish the image in the original size, without cropping it?

~ Nikola
Upwork
7561022c
Community Member

Thanks a lot for creating a ticket about the profile Issue.

Well, I have tried using that also and used the edit icon and even didn't crop and publish as it is but the same issue came and the Image is not showing in the original size.

Thanks
Sohil 

Hello members , i am a freelancer in upwork and having a issue it maybe coming on more like me issue is that whenever i submitted proposals to any job my profile line is coming wrong see screenshot it goes to link "https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined" which is wrong it should go on my profile page link so that client can see my profile can you please help me to sort this out Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saiyyed, 

Please know that this is a known issue, and our engineers are working to resolve it. In the meantime, a Customer Support Team member will reach out to you with more information.

~ Avery
Upwork

Is it solved?

Hi Vikash,

Thanks for asking. We won't be able to give any specific timeframe, but we'd like to assure you that our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6855d1e7
Community Member

Dear Team,

When I submit a proposal and then click my profile in it, it shows "Freelancer Profile Not Found".

I have noticed this problem only in my latest proposal and then looked into my earlier proposals also and found it is showing the same in all of my proposals.

I am not sure whether my clients will be able to look into my profile and please request your guidance in this regard.

Clicking to my profile from a proposal it's going to undefined. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined

robiullah_0-1646662038486.png

Where  are you located?  Perhaps the following is in play: https://www.upwork.com/blog/a-letter-from-our-ceo-march-2022

I am located in Italy

6a2b727a
Community Member

Good Morning,

I have an issue with my profile. Every time I open my profile within the proposal that I sent, it says "Freelancer profile not found."

6a2b727a_0-1646809649090.png

It route me here after I click on my profile

6a2b727a_1-1646809689359.png

Please help! Thank you!

Hi Salvaciobn,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue. profile_not_foundprofile_not_found

Hi Nirmal,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

The link to my profile through the proposal is broken. It says "Freelancer profile not found." I have tried to reach support through chat but still haven't got any response on this.

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

same error on my end.

Hi Goran,

My issue is not yet resolved. Is there any updates that we can performed to fix the error so we can start sending proposal? 

Thank you!

Hi Salvacion,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
cf061dbc
Community Member

It has been 8 days since I raised another discussion on Upwork User Profile not Found on the proposal pages. Since then I have had no answer or an update on the solution. Upwork suggests this is an issue on the Freelancer`s side and the Client can see the profile just fine. I really cannot believe that this is an issue on the Freelancer`s side only. Please can anyone tell me if they managed to secure a job or interview while they get "User Profile Not Found" error when they are trying to reach out their profile through the Proposals screen?

Thanks 

I got answers from clients only when I follow up on active proposals. However, I lost one job opportunity because I did not receive her message and she could not find my name (according to her). As for other proposals I submitted before I realized I have this issue, I haven't heard from them since then.

cf061dbc
Community Member

It has been more than a week and Profile not found Error has not been sorted. On top of that I am struggling to believe that this is an issue only on the Freelancer`s side. Anyone here who managed to get a job and interview with "User Profile Not Found Error" when they try to go to their profile through the proposal they made. Upwork has told us that Clients do see our profile when we apply. Can anyone cofirm this please? We are wasting our Connects. 

26e5e404
Community Member

Submitted a Proposal but clicking on the profile under 'your proposed terms', it says Freelancer profile not found.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arunava,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
163ae6b2
Community Member

Hello I have the same issue, please help   https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined Shot 0030.png

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined

there is no underscore in this link, yet I can not open it, it says profile not found

Hi Sarina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
shamshudein
Community Member

Hi,

I am having same issue. On click of "General Profile" link from the proposal submitted is returning the error: Freelancer profile not found. The URL is showing as: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/undefined

Kindly resolve this issue.

jadeho
Community Member

Hi. I apply my proposal and when I click on my profile, it is undefined and cannot be found. I check my profile visibility and it is still public. I don't know if the employer can view my profile or not. I don't want to waste my connect. Please answer what is wrong with my profile or the system.

jadeho
Community Member

Hi. I apply my proposal and when I click on my profile, it is undefined and cannot be found. I check my profile visibility and it is still public. I don't know if the employer can view my profile or not. I don't want to waste my connects. Please answer what is wrong with my profile or the system.

cf061dbc
Community Member

It has no relation to that. I was active and earning money when this problem occurred. 

sapphire31
Community Member

i'm also experiencing the same issue. I had a deal with one client the other night and was just waiting for one of his team members to check what category am I going to do.  However,  I was waiting for him,  but no appearance.  I hope his disappearance is not due to this error. 

When I checked my profile via Proposal Page,  it says my profile is not found.  Does this mean my clients can see me?

I am aware of the PROFILE NOT FOUND issue. Can you also fix my account since I also have it? 

I also have this result whem I access my profile via my proposal page.  I am aware of this and I need your help to fix this issue. I posted this more than three times but unpublished. Is this type of post not allowed?  

Hi Helen.

Hope you are doing well. Couple of freelancers including myself have raied this topic. There is a known issue about this. Apparently this issue is only visible on the Freelancers` side and when you submit your proposals your clients see your profile just fine. Now, this is the response I got from the Upwork Support Team. I have double checked this with another Support Team member and they advised me the same thing. Maybe they unpublished this because it is a known issue and they do not want to keep the system busy on it. They are looking into this and they will keep us posted. Please check my threads if you can. 

Thanks, 

Serhan 

9d4bf5ba
Community Member

Hi

I'm having the same problem please fix it 

Thanks

Hi Manar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths