🐈
» Forums » Support » Unresponsive Support Agent
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,559 REPLIES 2,559

Hi Oluwatobiloba,

I shared your post with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
68560fe8
Community Member

Thank you Nikolas, really looking forward to a resolution as soon as possible as i have a pending contract offer.

193d5bbb
Community Member

I cant verify the identity. Please help.

after clicking, Get Started>Start Now> Second image comes, and after choosing option 1 or 2 . the message received on my mobile phone then what....? it remains here.....

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mohammad,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
airence01
Community Member

IMG_7947.jpeg

Hello! Can somehow help me with this problem? My apply now button is grey after I got one job. Can someone fix this please! 

Hi Airence, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
3785603a
Community Member

I've uploaded my documents and selfie three time in the past week. 
it straight goes into manual verification, and after a day or two, when i tap verify identity, it asks for document and selfie again.

i've not yet received any email from upwork, as to why my identity verification is not going through. 

hmahmood68
Community Member

Hello,

I recently started my first contract on Upwork, and I have been asked to complete an identity verification. My profile lists Canada as my country of residence, and I possess valid Canadian identification and all necessary documents. However, I am currently residing in Saudi Arabia.

Can I still complete the identity verification process under these circumstances? I seek clarification on this matter to make sure a smooth verification process.

Thank you for your assistance.

3785603a
Community Member

I've uploaded a new profile picture, as directed in email by upwork-staff.

but my identity verification is still pending. 

can anyOne please update me, whats happening with my, verification request. 

Reply to email you have and confirm there that you replaced photo.

I got email from donotreply@upwork.com

Hi Saad,

I see that the team is currently reviewing your submission manually. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. The team will let you know if there’s anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f224a543
Community Member

Hi there,

I get stuck in verifying my ID step, I'm using a Driver's license and a government ID but it cannot scan my documents perfectly, it just displays "Hold steady" text and nothing happens. I'm Vietnamese.

Please assist me.

6bea25e9
Community Member

I've started the identity verification process three times now.

The first time I took a picture of my driver's license, then a selfie, but I forgot to take my glasses off and so it said it needed manual review. The status page showed two green circles and one yellow.

I check back an hour or two later, and all the circles have reset to yellow. So I do the driver's license again and get one green circle. Nothing else - it doesn't ask me for a selfie.

Then an hour or two later, progress resets to yellow and I'm still getting you must verify your profile warnings.

What's going on Upwork? Truly hopeless customer experience so far.

Hi Data,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you to coordinate and assist you further with your ID verification concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b2a8d06e
Community Member

Hello, how can I verify my identity? It's been several weeks since I completed my profile on Upwork, and the Identity Verification option doesn't appear in settings, nor have I received any email.

Hi Juan Cruz,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that it doesn't need further verification yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested but is slowly being rolled out to Upwork users.

Suppose the team finds it necessary to verify your account. In that case, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a0bf571b
Community Member

hey guys! i'm trying to verify my identity here but i cannot bc the page don't show the options to select what kind o documents a upload. I try it like twice on different devices but is the same. Can someone helps o can explain me how it really works? 

Hi Hugo,

Acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form. You may also submit alternative IDs or documents that will be subject to manual review. We suggest you visit this help article to learn more about acceptable documents when completing the ID verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kiran_mariam
Community Member

Subject: Issue with Profile Verification

Description:

Dear Support Team,

I am writing to express my concern regarding the verification status of my profile. Despite carefully completing all the required steps and providing the necessary information, my profile remains unverified. I have patiently waited for several days, but there has been no update or change in my verification status.

Hi Mariam,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that it doesn't need further verification yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork.

Suppose the team finds it necessary to verify your account. In that case, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
searchcomputers
Community Member

Good Day!

My upwork profile is almost 2 years old and I purchased over 1000 conencts. But since the first day I have been having issue with getting my identity verification badge. As far as my profile is concerned, it is complete but I've not been provided with the badge. 

Please assist with this matter on an urgent basis since it is delaying the process of affectively using upwork. I would start using my connects as soon as I get my identity verification badge.

Hi Syed,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
db89e9eb
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but the Identity Verfication page just shows, "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you." I was wondering if there were any updates?

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. Not sure what to do. 

Hi Courtney,

After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission has been rejected. You can re-upload your documents from the Settings page. Please refer to the tip sections on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you!

Hi Corey,

Thank you for your message. I see that the documents were resubmitted yesterday, and they are still in the queue for review. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
c24a15a8
Community Member

My account is temporarily suspended because Upwork wanted to confirm my relationship with a client. I was told to verify my ID and enter billing information, but the URL provided to upload those documents is invalid. I contacted support to request a new link or to have my documents manually reviewed because my government ID is constantly being rejected. It has been three days since my account was temporarily suspended, but I have yet to receive a response from the support agent. Could you please help? 

My IDs currently meet all of the requirements.

Hi Gift,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH

How long is this going to take? a week, a month, or more because I have an ongoing contract, and it would be foolish of me to ask my client to continue making payments through Upwork when I am not even allowed to withdraw the money I have earned. 

agbla
Community Member

I need your help with the verification. How can I send my ID card for verification?

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
agbla
Community Member

"Hello Sir, I contacted my Payoneer bank and told them about the problem that was caused during the connects purchases. After the updates, they told me to ask my merchant to make an update so that I could try again. Please help me, I need your assistance. Thanks."

Hi Arthur,

I see that you don't currently have any billing methods added to your account. Please go to your Billing & Payments settings page to add your preferred method to buy Connects. Additionally, I recommend that you check out this page to learn which ones you can use. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e056ff3d
Community Member

I'm having an issue with Identity Verification because my country (Kosovo) is not listed.

- I have sent my passport photo (approved).

- I have sent the selfie (approved).

- I have tried to solve the issue by talking to the chatbot without success.

Is there any way that I can verify my identity?

Contact customer support for video verification 

Hi Krenar,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your location. I understand that you are facing this issue because your country, Kosovo, is not listed on our list. 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via your registered email address. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same notification if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that all requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
117d7318
Community Member

I'm having issues uploading my National ID card. Please I need your help they kept on rejecting it.

You should contact customer support

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths