🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork Tracker is not collecting the correct ...
Page options
81570fea
Community Member

Upwork Tracker is not collecting the correct hours and minutes

Hi, Guys

So I just started with my second client and I noticed that the Upwork tracker is not calculating the correct hours. I did work for 1hr and 50mins but it only collected or recorded 1hr of work. How to fix this? I wasn't sure about it two days ago when I first noticed it because the difference is not that much but today it is and I'm worried next time it's going to do the same. Someone please help me fix this please...  Doing it Manually is not helping too. It will only allow me to manually record 40mins of work. Thank you so much!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hamiid!

Thank you so much for your reply. Upwork Support Team did reply to me already and explained what could possibly happened. They also explained and provide me information on how to fix it. It was due to my idle time since I am working on a mobile app and only had my PC open for the tracker to run. So they explained if there is no mouse movement and keystrokes, upwork tracker will not be able to record the time but since my client gave me access to manual tracking then I can use it to manually add the total time I worked. At first, I couldn't figure out how to use the manual tracker because I thought I can add the exact duration time of my work, for example, I started 8:00am and finished 10:00am, so I use these data to add to the manual tracker but it's not allowing me because the tracker already collected data from 8:00am to 9:00am, the missing time is from 9:00am to 10:am by then I panicked but I did inform my client about it ^_^. It was totally my fault not knowing how the manual tracker works. Anyway, after the Upwork team explained to me in detail and provide me with a link to useful information I was able to understand that I can only add the missing time the tracker was not able to collect/record.

I hope this information will help someone in the future.

Thank you so much again for the reply!

Have a blessed day!

Diana

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eeface21
Community Member

Hi Dana! Congrats on landing your second client already!

I think one common reason for this instance would be that your PC/Mac is set on the wrong timezone vs your browser/ Upwork Time Tracker.

Another reason is simply that the Time Tracker is facing a bug... the app always crashes even on my super powerful computer...

I recommend you contact the Upwork support directly & to also explain the situation to your client.

Another good thing to do is to to work on shorter spans during until the problem's resolved... for instance, work just for 10/20 minutes, then start another session, and so on.

Good luck!

Hi Hamiid!

Thank you so much for your reply. Upwork Support Team did reply to me already and explained what could possibly happened. They also explained and provide me information on how to fix it. It was due to my idle time since I am working on a mobile app and only had my PC open for the tracker to run. So they explained if there is no mouse movement and keystrokes, upwork tracker will not be able to record the time but since my client gave me access to manual tracking then I can use it to manually add the total time I worked. At first, I couldn't figure out how to use the manual tracker because I thought I can add the exact duration time of my work, for example, I started 8:00am and finished 10:00am, so I use these data to add to the manual tracker but it's not allowing me because the tracker already collected data from 8:00am to 9:00am, the missing time is from 9:00am to 10:am by then I panicked but I did inform my client about it ^_^. It was totally my fault not knowing how the manual tracker works. Anyway, after the Upwork team explained to me in detail and provide me with a link to useful information I was able to understand that I can only add the missing time the tracker was not able to collect/record.

I hope this information will help someone in the future.

Thank you so much again for the reply!

Have a blessed day!

Diana

PradeepH

Hi Diana,

I am sorry to learn about the issue with the Upwork Desktop App. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes, the Upwork Support team already did solved my problem. Thank you again for replying to my post!

Have a blessed day!

Diana

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths