🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork has detected a potential risk with the...
Page options
ec9e6c4d
Community Member

Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message.

I have been working with a great freelancer for about a month now. Things were going great until this evening when I logged into our project messages and saw "Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message." It said something about the freelancer not being able to access the messages anymore. I was reading other threads about this and I'm wondering if it was because he had at one point requested that we communicate via another method for "quicker" messaging. I told him no - that I wanted to keep everything in Upwork. He may have not known that was a no-no. How can I get him reinstated? We were in the middle of a project 😞

2 REPLIES 2
t_kate01
Community Member

Hello Mindy, 
I'm not sure there's a way to get the freelancer reinstated. As a professional freelancer, he should know better than to request to carry out the communicate outside the platform as it would be flagged immediately for going against their TOS. I understand the frustration but I think you might have to go with another freelancer to continue the project. May I know what the project is all about?

JoanneP

Hi Mindy,

I checked, and our team is already assisting the freelancer with their account status. We won't be able to discuss the freelancer's account issue further, but I'd like to let you know that our team has also contacted you via a support ticket to let you know what they require your freelancer to do. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths