🐈
» Forums » Support » Weird Job Offer Sent to Me!
Page options
e1281dd0
Community Member

Weird Job Offer Sent to Me!

Hi! So, I received a new message on Upwork. When I clicked on it, I found a new contact who had sent me a job offer with the hourly payment and the maximum hours per week specified, but there was nothing else provided. As I looked at the top left corner of the screen, I clicked on the job; it only said "Promotion campaign," but it led me to a job that was no longer available. I sent the client a message, but he didn't respond.

Has anyone else encountered or experienced something similar? I'm intrigued because this is quite strange.

*PS: I work as a Software Developer and didn't apply for this job.*

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for being cautious with the offer you received. I checked the job offer and noticed that the client is no longer active on the platform. You will be unable to accept this offer since the client has already been suspended for a TOS violation. Please check this page for tips on staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for being cautious with the offer you received. I checked the job offer and noticed that the client is no longer active on the platform. You will be unable to accept this offer since the client has already been suspended for a TOS violation. Please check this page for tips on staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cloette92
Community Member

I received two similar offers. The first one was called "ONLINE MARKETING FOR SKETCHERS", looking for designers, paid $75/h. I'm actually a translator. By the time I saw it, the client had already been banned. But I received another one today, called "Promotion campaign" too, also paid $75/h. The client's picture shows a woman in bikini, which is a big red flag. Both of these clients have their payment method verified though.

I wonder what's their point... How do they intend to scam us? If it was a fixed-amount project, they could ask to pay outside of Upwork, and send false/stolen cheques with a bigger amount, asking you to refund the difference. But with an hourly-paid job? One could accept the offer and bill the hours "working to contact them" 😅

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths