🐈
» Forums » Support » What can I do if I can't respond technically ...
Page options
omvisualdesigner
Community Member

What can I do if I can't respond technically to an invitation?

I received an invitation from a client, but in the meantime, they sent me a separate direct job offer, which I accepted. Now, it appears on my profile as if I didn't respond to the invitation (which was separate), and the system doesn't allow me to respond to it. As a result, my responsiveness score is being affected. What can I do in this case?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oana,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Oana,

Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to the invitation you received 8 days ago? If so, please keep in mind that the responsiveness rate is based on your response rate in the past 90 days. There's still time to respond or decline the invitation. If you're having technical problems accepting it, please try clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser. If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I am talking about that invitation, It is already 9 days, and the problem is technical. I've tried also with different browsers. It might be a system problem, once I've already accepted the job offer, it seems like the invitation is blocked. 

My responsiveness dropped from 100% to 92%, which is sad, and this might affect the overall score, or even continue to drop because the first was higher because of this invitation. Even I already work with the client. He barely knew how to post this, so I would want to fix this technical part with Upwork.  When I tried to answer the invitation, it said this error" Something went wrong and accept failed. Please, try again later." I just want to fix the problem.

The first customer support step sent me to the Upwork community. It would be awesome if this could be fixed since it is more of an IT thing. Thank you a lot!

Hi Oana,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
cf05215b
Community Member

It sounds like you've accepted a direct job offer from a client on Upwork but have an outstanding invitation from the same client, which is affecting your responsiveness score. Here's what you can do to address this situation:

1. **Contact Upwork Support:** Reach out to Upwork's customer support to explain the situation and ask for their assistance. They can often help resolve such issues, and they can update your responsiveness score if needed.

2. **Respond to the Invitation:** If the system is not allowing you to respond to the outstanding invitation, you can contact the client directly through the Upwork messaging system. Politely explain the situation, let them know that you've already accepted their direct offer, and ask if they can withdraw the outstanding invitation.

3. **Ask the Client for Assistance:** You can also ask the client to contact Upwork support on your behalf to confirm the situation. Sometimes, clients can assist in resolving these issues with the platform.

4. **Ensure Timely Communication:** Going forward, maintain timely and clear communication with clients to avoid such discrepancies in your responsiveness score. When you receive an invitation or an offer, respond promptly, even if it's to explain your acceptance of a direct offer.

It's essential to maintain a good responsiveness score on Upwork, as it can impact your visibility and credibility as a freelancer. Communicating with both the client and Upwork support should help you address this issue and maintain a positive score.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths