🐈
» Forums » Support » client wants to communicate on differend plat...
Page options
10deb420
Community Member

client wants to communicate on differend platform

I recieved a message about a job but he wants to talk on different platform this is his message it just dont feel right.

"Hello Mr̃/mis you’ve to contact me through this Username below on telegram…

**Edited for Community Guidelines**"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6e54ef6b
Community Member

Kindly don't accept any telegram communication that's a scam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shiponkormoker
Community Member

It's understandable to feel uneasy when a client requests communication on a different platform, especially if it's unexpected. It's essential to prioritize your safety and adhere to Upwork's guidelines, which encourage communication solely through their platform for security reasons. If a client insists on communicating off-platform, it's advisable to politely decline and explain your commitment to following Upwork's policies to ensure a safe and transparent working relationship.

426ba430
Community Member

I once had an experience 2 years ago where a client messaged me, providing their Telegram ID. When I contacted them, the client asked for a registration fee for the job. That was a big lesson for me. Therefore, if a client hires you and wishes to discuss matters, our platform provides Zoom meetings, which are included in the message section. Please try to avoid communicating outside of the platform.

6e54ef6b
Community Member

Kindly don't accept any telegram communication that's a scam

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths