🐈
» Forums » Support » identity verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,914 REPLIES 1,914
ab808399
Community Member

Hello all,

I am struggling so much to verify myself on the app. My first contract just started, and the upwork team notified me to verify myself. And I got restricted by applying any other jobs.

The problem is, I am a foreigner(South Korean) living in France. I assume my Visa is not a ligitimit document because it is a sticker on the passport. However I need to verify myself with the document which is matching with my location. 

So I requested to be verifiy manually, by person, but the help center says they are unable to verify it. 

Can anyone help me with this problem..?

You have to prove your residence in France, Min. A visa is definitely not enough. Are you there for a permanent stay? If so, you should be able to provide your bills, Bank statements, etc. Contact support to get the guidance. 

40a4f717
Community Member

Hi, 

Initated the indentity verification process 4 days back & submitted it. 

Presentky it shows it has gone into manual review with yellow ticks on 2 steps. (image attached)

Please confirm whats the way forward & how to complete it so that the idnetity verification process is completed.

Regards

Kadam

Hi Kadam,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ca3112b1
Community Member

Hi NikolaS,

I'm attempting to authenticate my passport or ID in order to confirm my identity. I've exhausted all avenues, using two separate cell phones and even uploading a scanned image of my passport. The system doesn't recognize it. I require assistance since the automated process isn't functioning, human verification is necessary here.

You can be sure that I tried all possible ways and is not showing the step to start a manual review. I've being trying for more than 1h30.

Thank you

7bef73d7
Community Member

Hello

I submit my document for verification but its 4 days and still waiting for the reply about my account update. when I will get reply from upwork

d9873c3d
Community Member

Hi Upwork team, I have compelted ID verification and the verified badge is on my profile. I still can not purchase connects becuase it says your ID is under review. Please help me with this. I am unable to apply for new jobs.

Thanks

Azam  

Hi Azam,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble purchasing the Connects. I can see that one of our team members from the team handling your account has already reached out to you via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2f33b210
Community Member

i have updated my profile picture and verification still pending

Screenshot from 2024-04-27 15-20-01.png

Hi Amr,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your account is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
455931ff
Community Member

Hi, I recently got my first job and was prompted to verify my identity but I only had a digital copy of my passport so I decided to use my only physical ID -an NIN slip. It was rejected and I tried with a digital ID card but also rejected. May I submit my national identity number slip (nin) instead? It is in black and white and is the only solid, physical ID I have. My country, Nigeria, issued them as far back as 2019, we weren't given normal ID cards for unknown reasons. We do every verification with that slip, like opening new bank accounts, registering for school, even when making our passports. I would have used my passport but sadly I am not near the physical copy(it is far away from me at another location as I had submitted it long ago). Please make the NIN sufficient to ID Nigerians.

I'm patiently waiting for their response to this.

Nigerians are going through big verification issues especially newbies.

Thanks for being open.

Still no reply here, I'm currently facing the same issue and it's unfair because it's legally our means of identification 

I don't know what to do

I opened my account just two days ago and have been able to verify my identity using my voters card. It under verification now. 

Oh!

well, I personally don't have a voters card yet.

I also don't have a voters card 

Hi All, 

I encourage you to check out this helpful article for the list of acceptable documents for verification. You will also find more information about the requirements that the document must meet to be accepted. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c612bb33
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork. At first, I named the profile "Studio Catfish", that's the name I go by on other platforms. But when I needed to verify my identity, I switched to my real name and submitted everything needed. This all I did on 8th may. Just now I noticed my account has been limited. Some of my work is ongoing. I am tense now. I believe we can solve it. Can you please review where it went wrong and how it can be fixed?

Check your tickets, some useful should be there https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Hi Mansura,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

hi I was requested to re verify my account and I have submitted the documents required and it shows like this in the identity verification.
Can you tell when this verification will be completed as I have to withdraw my money

Hi Sai, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. You should receive an update within 48 hours. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
455931ff
Community Member

• Hi luiggi, please help me out concerning my verification process. Not all countries issue typical IDs, please make provisions for us.
8292e67d
Community Member

Hi, 

I am currently unable to apply for any jobs, which I believe is due to my verification status.

Since joining Upwork, I have been trying to get verified but without success. I have attempted to use the provided link and submitted my passport, ID, and driving license for verification. However, I am unable to successfully capture the necessary photo.

Could someone assist me with this issue?

Thank you.

destroyer007
Community Member

Hi

I have already been verified in upwork, then got an email to get reverified after getting a job.

It is showing like this even after submitting all the necessary documents.

How many days will it take to re verify my account ?

d2aef7c0
Community Member

Subject: Issue with Identity Verification Menu on Upwork

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address an issue I am encountering with my Upwork account settings.

Specifically, I am unable to locate the option for identity verification within my account settings or navigation menu. It appears that the menu or navigation path for identity verification is not displaying as expected.

I have thoroughly reviewed my account settings and profile options, but there is no clear pathway to initiate the identity verification process. As a result, I am unable to complete this important step to verify my identity on Upwork.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? I understand the importance of identity verification for security purposes and compliance with Upwork's policies, and I am eager to complete this process as soon as possible.

If there have been any recent changes to the account settings layout or navigation structure related to identity verification, I would appreciate any guidance on how to proceed.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt assistance and resolution.

Sincerely,

Andu Alemayehu

54cc25cd
Community Member

I am having an issue. wiith verifying my Id too I have posted all that is required, can someone look into this for me ASAP, Thanks 

54cc25cd_3-1715185641437.png

Hi Daniel,

I've contacted the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. To validate this, you can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d2aef7c0
Community Member

I am unable to locate the option for identity verification within my account settings or navigation menu.

Hi Andu,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that it doesn't need further verification yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork.

Suppose the team finds it necessary to verify your account. In that case, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d2aef7c0
Community Member

bab52ac8
Community Member

Hi ,

I'm unable to complete my profile as I keep the getting the error that the mobile number is alsready in use. Can you please help resolve this. Thank you

5720bc27
Community Member

Hi, I have been asked to do an Identity Verification and I did it three days ago.  But I have not been verified yet. How long does it take to be verified? 

Hi Aloycea,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
455931ff
Community Member

Hello, I'm unable to complete my verification process with my passport. It  keeps on showing something about get an id document where the countries on the id and my profile match. But they do match, on my id it just shows NGA, which is an abbreviated version of Nigeria. Please help me out.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths