🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
78963dd0
Community Member

so I've all the required documents and photos submitted for 2 days now and still no word and I only got till 8/5/2022 may I ask if it is normal for it to take this long?

Hi Sami,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to our team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

~ AJ
Upwork
a3070a00
Community Member

Hello, upwork team, how are you doing?

Yesterday I fixed the issue that my profile name was wrong and re-submitted my ID card.

It's already 1 business day. The required deadline is tomorrow. I am concerned that my account would be blocked because of this delay.

Could you handle my ID verification as soon as possible?

Best regards.

Hi Huynh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to our team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

~ AJ
Upwork
89d64498
Community Member

The ID verification process seems to be bugged, or something else. It says I need to confirm my identity by August 5, so when I go to send my a file for my ID, it stays loading where it says "this only take a minute" forever. I then reload the page it and says it will be reviewed in one business day. Except I waited that, and then checked again moments ago to see if anything had changed, and now it was telling me to send another file again (normally it wouldn't let me because it's under review). I'm not even sure if any file was received at all. Can anyone please help?

Hi Guillermo,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork
fa13b0fd
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification more than 30 hours ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

My account will be on hold after 4 days if not verified. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

80f1acd4
Community Member

Hello,

I am new on upwork and have recently completed my first job and was asked for the identity verification. Although I completed the verification process and its been more than 24 hours I have not been updated and I have got another job offer too. At this point I am quite confused about what should I do next as the client said that he will offer me a project in a bit. I don't know how long the process of verification will take and meanwhile is it ok for me to continue working.

Thank!

The issue got resolved. Thank you for the support Upwork team.

dd1bef90
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

I have submitted my documents 30 hours before for ID verifications and it's still saying "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day".
I a done with Location and visual verification.
Can you please look into this and update me?

Best Wishes,
Ali Nawaz

Hi Muhammad,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. I have reached out to the team reviewing your ID and they've confirmed that your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
najmulhaque24
Community Member

I will try verification on my ID for getting the blue badge. but I didn't get any option. also, I will try this link but the link is broken. I will attach 2 images please check. Please any one help me how i get blue verification badge.

You will get an option of Identity Verification.

Right now you don't have that option don't worry do some projects and stuff Upwork will ask you to verify your identity.

Regards

Ossama

Hi Md Najmul,

In addition to what Ossama mentioned. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
efc3945c
Community Member

Yeah Arjay, I checked that

Ossama
dc0acee0
Community Member

I mistakenly uploaded wrong ID card of my brother instead of mine due to similar PDFs I had and I just extracted all images at one place. I realized it later after I submitted it . My request is to let me resubmit the correct ID so I can proceed further for visual verification. 

Hi Rida,

I'll have one of the team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with the ID verification. You can check for updates on this page. For the time being, please check this help article for more details. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
techbae
Community Member

We have done everything we can to contact Upwork customer support, unfortunately; we haven't made any progress. I am writing to this community to help my sister out. She tried verifying her account, but it's been more than one day without getting any response and her account has just been placed on hold. She tried writing in this community, but she couldn't make any comments or posts. Everything is blocked!

Here is her profile name:**Edited for community guidelines**

Email:**Edited for community guidelines**

Please, what step should she take next? 

Thank you.

Hi Faith,

I have requested the assistance of our team. Please have your sister check her account. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please give me the verification badge. I have given the required data already. My location has minor error and all are same. When i created by profile i tthought it automatically chosed patna (or i entered my own), for my city. I dont live in city now i left, my permanent addres is in very small town (like village). Actually in india when someone ask us about our city, we tell the nearest city name so asker can know from where am i. 

a97557ac
Community Member

Hello,

I see this warning message below

a97557ac_0-1659504538622.png

and by  clicking "Get started" it redirects to "Identity Verification page" and finds the below view with no option to take any action

a97557ac_1-1659504683784.png

Please advise

Regards,

Hi Mohamed,

I checked this with our team, and I'd like to confirm that the ID verified badge is now showing on your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

madam please please check whats the problem in mine

Hi Shabnam, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your verification is already approved. You should be able to see the  “Identity Verified” badge on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

thank you very much

a97557ac
Community Member

Confirmed, thank you
190a3467
Community Member

Hello please, I need help. I completed my identity verification since over 48hours ago and it is still saying my identity verification is being reviewed. It says it takes 1 business day to approve identity but it is way past that now. 

Hi John,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you very much for your response. My account has been verified. 
However I have another issue, my client just paused the hourly contract and has not been responding to my messages. What do I do please? I tried reaching out but still no response from the client. 

3f2b3f17
Community Member

I am also trying to get my identity verified but i cant find how you guys did it. Please advise

2fb932a5
Community Member

I have submitted my CNIC and Selfie for Account Verification. Upwork says that it will take 1 business day to become verified but it has been 3 days and it is still not verified

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case, they will reach out to you directly if they need any additional information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2fb932a5
Community Member

But it has been 3 days and i haven't recieved any response from the team

Can you kindly do something?

Hi Rizwan,

I checked with the team and you should be able to see the badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
clarky0924
Community Member

Hi do you accept TIN ID with addess now?

Hi Kaye,

Thank you for your message. Kindly review this help article for more details and lists of documents/ID required for you to complete the ID verification. I can also see that you've been communicating with the team about your concern and a support ticket has been created. I highly suggest you continue getting in touch with the team through that ticket if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
68459e2e
Community Member

Hello,   I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?   Would appreciate your urgent support with this process.

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've reached out to our support team about your concern and a support ticket has been set up. You should be getting an update through that ticket once your account has been reviewed and I highly suggest you communicate with the team if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c124c11a
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification over 48 hours ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. My account has been put on hold. How long will it take to resolve this issue?

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

Hi Etornam,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as a confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths