🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Native English in Sweden
Page options
gina_renee
Community Member

Native English in Sweden

I am a native English writer freelancing in Sweden. I often get blocked from replying to proposals based on location.  I also get a lot of proposals for native Swedish! They are not reading profiles.

How can I get more attention for offering native English in Europe and show that just because I am in Sweden, it doesn't make me a native Swedish speaker?

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

Gina Renee H wrote:

I am a native English writer freelancing in Sweden. I often get blocked from replying to proposals based on location.  I also get a lot of proposals for native Swedish! They are not reading profiles.

How can I get more attention for offering native English in Europe and show that just because I am in Sweden, it doesn't make me a native Swedish speaker?

If you do not offer any services in Swedish, the easiest would be to remove Swedish from your languages.

You could also add a sentence to your overview that you can communicate in Swedish but do not provide any Swedish writing services.

There is nothing you can do about the geo-blocking.

rochalelagunero
Community Member

Hi Gina,yes,i am Rochale, i am a filipina, yes I understand you,but for me Sweden aims to internationalise its higher education sector yes, and attract more foreign talent, one of its advantages is the country's high English proficiency. Thank you and have good day to you gina.

Hi Rochale,

Thanks for the message - do you speak Swedish?

I do English coaching online with Zoom if you would like to write English better. I help a lot of immigrants and Swedes speak and write better so that they can work with international companies.

//Gina

Gina Renee H wrote:

Hi Rochale,

Thanks for the message - do you speak Swedish?

I do English coaching online with Zoom if you would like to write English better. I help a lot of immigrants and Swedes speak and write better so that they can work with international companies.

//Gina

She just got lost in the forum. I do not think she is intested in spending money at the moment, but is looking for a job.

Rochale L wrote:
Hi Gina,yes,i am Rochale, i am a filipina, yes I understand you,but for me Sweden aims to internationalise its higher education sector yes, and attract more foreign talent, one of its advantages is the country's high English proficiency. Thank you and have good day to you gina.

You might want to reconsider your language skill settings. You agreed to the ToS so you must not claim to have a skill you do not have.