🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Please Introduce Yourself!
Page options
d415060d
Community Member

Please Introduce Yourself!

Hello Everyone! 

This thread is here so you can introduce yourself to your fellow Community members!

You are encouraged to add some details on:

• what you're looking to achieve with joining this Community​, 
  • what you'd love to learn from other ​freelancers, or 
  • what business processes you've got figured out!

Tell us a little bit about yourself below!

776 REPLIES 776

yes, 

Please first fully pay heeds what the client really wants. Then write the proposel according to this.....proposel should be short and attractive

2cc33f6a
Community Member

Hello! I joined Upwork to explore opportunities to supplement my regular income, and start to build a portfolio for the potential to move to self-employment sometime in the future. I joined the Community because as I was browsing posted jobs, I realized that I have the education and skills, but I lack the experience with some programs or websites that clients are asking for. So I'm looking for information about some of those topics! And to meet some people that have been doing this work for a while and learn from them. Thanks for welcoming us newbies to Upwork!

448e1445
Community Member

Hey Bethany, I am Ashia Bibi from Gilgit, Pakistan. I am an English Linguistics and Literature student at a local university. My major formed the basis of my writing career. I joined Upwork to improve my skills in a practical and challenging environment while supporting myself financially. 

Throughout my Upwork journey, I have noticed that the better work you deliver the better opportunities and clients you will get. I have tried to implement several tips from Upwork Academy courses on my profile. Do have a look here, https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014382b5a6e1331309.

Thank you,

Ashia

MichaelJ
Community Member

Hi Everyone!

I first found Upwork in 2017 while working as a French-to-English translator. Now I've been a member of the Upwork team for nearly five years!

Welcome to all the Upwork newbies! I wish you all the best of luck on your freelancing journey.

Cheers,
Mike
b2651c30
Community Member

Hi Bethany and everyone in this group!

I have just discovered Upwork and look forward to increasing my client base and hopefully learn some interesting new things along the way.

I am an English/Italian interpreter, translator and proofreader. I am a native speaker of both languages and have been working in localisation for over 30 years. I am also a qualified ESL teacher and enjoy the challenge of teaching at all levels and ages. 

Happy hunting everyone!

Adriana 

Hi Adriana,

Welcome to Upwork and Upwork community! Here is a link to a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Thanks Pradeep,
I will most certainly follow your advice.
Thanks for the links
Kr
Adriana
60b1f9c0
Community Member

Greetings all! 

I'm delighted to join the Upwork community, offering editorial services for individual and business projects. I'd like to connect with others venturing in a similar field. Any advice on how to make a start on securing clients/creating a viable buisness plan would be wholly appreciated. 

Thanks! 😊

2FEE4DAF-08C1-4D72-936D-75B1E8DBEF9B.jpeg

cool_guy82
Community Member

Hello! 

I wish you're all well and good. I'm pretty new with Upwork and I hope to get my first job soon. Joining this community I think will help me gain new insights and ideas on how I can gain the most of this platform. Looking forward to interacting more with you all! 

d9e73976
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Upwork community and I am hoping to start working for myself and create a viable source of income for myself. I am an experienced administrative assistant/secretary and I am wanting to use my skills for the best outcome for myself and for potential clients. Any advise on creating strong proposals to attract clients as well as strengthening my profile would be greatly appreciated.

My talents lie in creating word and excel documents, writing, proof-reading, my attention to detail and accuracy is very high. I can also translate english to norwegian and vice versa.

I look forward to interacting with all of you.

Regards

Kelly

alex-krieckhaus
Community Member

Hi everybody, 

I've been on and off Upwork for a few years, but always feel like there is more to learn about it. My specialty is investment writing, bonds and international economics specifically. I was an analyst, portfolio manager, and head of research for a variety of banks and asset managment companies in the U.S. and Europe, but.. burnt out. So I turned to writing about the markets and really enjoy it. 

One of the reasons I joined this community is to connect with other investment writers. It is pretty niche work so I'd love to be able to chat with others in the field. Also, it is just nice to be able to learn and share some knowledge about writing, upwork, working from home, dealing with painful clients, or just swapping bad writer jokes.

Cheers, 

Alex

3c89281b
Community Member

Hello! My name is Max, and I am a Copy writer with many years of experience. I specialize in Content writing, and I am passionate about helping my clients achieve their goals. I have a strong track record of success in industry, and I am confident that I can provide the highest quality of service to my clients. I am excited to be a member of this community. Thank you for your time and consideration.

b7702ae1
Community Member

Hello everyone,

Am glad to be part of this group as istart a life changing opportunity.

9cdaad96
Community Member

Hello,  This is Hasan Sakr from Egypt!

As a copywriter, I bring a unique blend of creativity, technical know-how, and attention to detail to every project I take on. I possess a passion for words and an innate ability to turn complex ideas into simple, engaging messages that resonate with audiences. I have experience in a variety of industries, including retail, technology, and non-profits, which has allowed me to develop a diverse skill set and a deep understanding of how to craft messages that resonate with different audiences.
In conclusion, I believe that I would make a valuable addition to any team.

e380465f
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I joined Upwork to find work in writing and joining this community group to find fellow writers. 

I am always open to find new and better solutions, hearing success stories and deep failures are interesting as all can learn from them. 

I know how to find and win jobs, get reviews and now "settle back" as work is sent to me. My backgroud is in sales but I have changed my carrer to writing as I want to be free and work for myself. This i can both sell and produce so I control all and determine my life better. 

I am usually an on and off type as I have free time to go here and tehn I am preoccupied to wrtie and do not bother to come here. So if you send questions, please be patient if I am away. We can exchange faster means of contact later if you like. But we start here.  

86c631fc
Community Member

"I'm like a superhero, but instead of saving the world, I save boring scripts."
As I'm new to upwork but , "Yo! I've been "killing it" as a professional comedian in the world of art, design, and comics for the past five years. I take people's script and turn it into a comic-book masterpiece.
I'm all about working on comics, comic pages, concept art, character designs, illustrations, graphic novels, comic gifts, drawings, and even comic portraits. Now that I've made the big transition to professional art, I'm offering low rates to help bring people's comic ideas to life.

jacqueliness
Community Member

Been pounding those keys and churning out content since 2011. Loving it and hoping to make some great contacts and learn a few tips here in this forum!

58a62439
Community Member

Hello everybody,

I'm Cathia and I'm just starting to be a virtual assistant in freelance.

These are the tasks I can handle:

- the inbox and outbox emails;

- audio and video transcription;

- text proofreadings;

- data gathering;

- other administrative tasks.

The reason why I joined upwork is to enlarge my network and to get job.

Thank you

rubina_mushtaq
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I am Rubina and I have been a content writer. Keen to write and learn about new things. I have been there since the website was named as ODesk. However, I was not an active member. Now I have started work on this platform again and receiving good responses from clients. Hoping to have more soon.  

Thank you

582c56a9
Community Member

Good morning!

I joined Upwork to make money. To make money from what I enjoy doing the most, the job I'm most skilled at, the work that keeps me from getting bored. I have over 20 years of experience in technical writing, learning and development, and managing teams. I am a pandemic victim.

Laid off in November 2020 I am still trying to secure full-time work. I struggle every day trying to decide whether I should start my own business, continue freelancing while looking for a full-time job, or compromise my well-being by taking a job just to keep the lights on.

2023 has not been progressing the way I hoped - unexpected deaths, a continued lack of funds, stolen vehicles, and losing friends. Joining Upwork and several of its communities is hope - hope for a better future, a future without compromise nor eviction but one that finally turns the events of the last three years around from struggle to prosperity.

What do other freelancers spend their time on between projects? How do you bid on jobs without compromising your worth? Why do you freelance? Whom do you follow that produces the most value? Where do you work from that turns out your best work? What do you do to keep from getting depressed or to relieve anxiety? These are the things I need to learn from other freelancers.

I have been fortunate to attain a couple of interviews since joining. Had life not interfered, I feel I would have landed one of those opportunities. However, I also think "forces at play" provided interference for a reason. So I will continue to study the platform and the intricacies of how it works.  If anyone knows the formula for driving offers toward me and winning bids, please share your expertise with the community (tagging me gets my attention).

Thanks for the ear.

P.S. I sound like I have the Monday blues but I don't. Grammarly shows my confidence,  curiousity, and directness indexes to be slightly higher than a kite. I'm not re-writing this post. But I will try again tomorrow (probably in a different community). Jaha 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

af1970
Community Member

Dear  

Most welcome greeting

I am expert to make PDF, Data Entry, Formatting design  Microsoft  word , Power point , Microsoft Excel sheet, to stand out from the crowd by repairing formatting, making the layout consistent, and adding colors and pop. I am professional, Friendly and happy to work with clients who needs to great work. I have 25 years computer related jobs experience.

Ø  Data entry with fast and professional  speed.
Ø  Create fill able PDF or excel and Word forms, 
Ø  PDF to MS Word or MS Excel,  PowerPoint. 
Ø  convert your PSD file into Png and JPG, 
  Copy  paste from PDF into Excel, Word.
Ø  Proof reading, report writing, research writing,  General office ,Data     
     Collection, Data Delivery, Data extraction, Content Audit. 
Ø  Select a Different color scheme to make your required document   to
      Bring it eye-catching.
Ø  Choose the best  and dynamic fonts & size  to bring your document look
      Professional.
Ø  Correct layout with border and paragraph.
Ø  Graphic Designs In Corel draw and adobe photo shop, illustrator
Ø  Business card , weeding card, hotel menu and all cards working.
Ø  Logo designs, brochure poster, banner, flex designs   in different Corel  
     draw, adobe photo shop, illustrator,
Ø  Incorporate your logo design  and company information
Ø  Automatic  page numbers.
Ø  Convert your final work or design,  to PDF 
Ø  Create a spectacular cover page .
Ø  Proofreading for spelling and simple  according to grammar .

I will deliver your project according  to your given delivery  time . 

Best Regards
Afzal Ahmed

63d7bd28
Community Member

Hello! I'm new to Upwork as of today and glad to be here. I look forward to building a steady stream of clients whom I can help with writing- and editing-related projects, whether it be ghostwriting stakeholder emails/responses, presentations and website content or developing comprehensive messaging and Q&A, press releases and case studies. I also have deep roots in travel/tourism and hospitality public relations and would be glad to lend my guidance or lean into pitches and the like.

Questions for the group: How many attempts did it take before you landed your first job? How extensive are your proposals? Much of my writing has been confidential. Some of it went through a few other folks before being finalized, so it isn't 100% my own. Thoughts on how to showcase my work with these caveats? 

For fun: I wasn't raised with the Oxford comma, but I can certainly get on board with it! How about you? 

528511a3
Community Member

Greetings. This is my first entry. 

The reason why I have arrived here is one.

I have a particular way of communicating.

I of this you will see.

The one reason I have arrived upon the portal is as yours. Success. 

I have a talent. I am here because of that talent. I have always had this .. . gift.

I am a lyrisist.

One who determines the words of a musical tract (instrumental tract).

I can also assist with song writing if you already have lyrics but are not satisfied completely with your lyrics.

My email is .. . 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

98911ebb
Community Member

Hello all!

I have been in upwork for around a month or so and so far i can be happy with my progress. I have gotten 1 job so far and that is good! It was just a simple task which i completed with ease. I hope to find more work in the near future. Thank you.

882a72f1
Community Member

My name is Timothy Mwangi Muchanchi from Kenya. I am not a writer but i got big imaginations. When am alone, i am my own motivator. I look back where i have come from and am glad that i have reached this far. My dream was and still is to make money so that i may go to school and help my mom (a widow) pay her loans that she currently has due to her supprting my studies. Widows are neglescted and are forgotten in our society. Most of the time the society would want to dis-inherit them.

I write this in the realization of the power of a woman. A widow or a single mom work tirelessly to feed, educate and nature the talents of their children. 

What i have learnt from up work, it's not easy to land a job or even land one at all. But the Upwork academy has by far taught me things that i never knew. Pros and Cons of how to get a job and how to make my profile more exciting.

From other freelancers, to those that have jobs, i would love their referral and also if i can work under them.

About business process, i would like first to work under a genuine freelancer who is or not affiliated to my career. Hopefully by the grace of God i will love to get one. Thanks.

Hello i am Shailendra Raj yogi my work to translate to many typ of
languages like a german,spenish, Chinese,urdu,France etc.

I want to translate documents all languages to cunvert and easly understand.
ad7a4e75
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am a Creative Web Editor with over three years of experience writing content for companies in various industries such as healthcare, technology, retail, and finance. I have expertise in keyword research, search engine optimization (SEO), and creating engaging and persuasive content.

I have a creative approach to content writing that has helped my clients stand out from the competition and boost their online presence by using effective marketing techniques to drive follower engagement and growth.

I am passionate about creating quality content that meets customer needs and is informative and entertaining for audiences. I am motivated, and creative and enjoy working in a team to achieve exceptional results. My skills in commerce and in literary creation and marketing also allow me to bring added value to my projects.

I seek to share my knowledge and learn from other freelancers by joining this community. I would also like to discover new business strategies and processes to improve my skills and effectiveness as a Creative Web Editor.

THANKS!

Cordially,
Abdel

0b2b2dc6
Community Member

Community

»

Groups

»

Writers & Translators

»

Forum

»

Re: Please Introduce Yourself!

d415060d

Bethany C Community Manager

Community Manager

Feb 11, 2023 03:06:10 AM

by 

Bethany C

Please Introduce Yourself!

Hello Everyone! 

This thread is here so you can introduce yourself to your fellow Community members!

You are encouraged to add some details on:

what you're looking to achieve with joining this Community​, 

what you'd love to learn from other ​freelancers, or 

what business processes you've got figured out!

Tell us a little bit about yourself below!

All topics

50 REPLIES

jacqueliness

Jacqueline S

Community Member

Feb 26, 2023 01:34:11 PM

by 

Jacqueline S

Been pounding those keys and churning out content since 2011. Loving it and hoping to make some great contacts and learn a few tips here in this forum!

58a62439

Cathia M

Community Member

Feb 26, 2023 09:44:06 PM

by 

Cathia M

Hello everybody,

I'm Cathia and I'm just starting to be a virtual assistant in freelance.

These are the tasks I can handle:

- the inbox and outbox emails;

- audio and video transcription;

- text proofreadings;

- data gathering;

- other administrative tasks.

The reason why I joined upwork is to enlarge my network and to get job.

Thank you

rubina_mushtaq

Rubina Y

Community Member

Feb 27, 2023 04:40:15 AM

Edited

Feb 27, 2023 04:43:23 AM

by 

Rubina Y

Hello everyone!

I am Rubina and I have been a content writer. Keen to write and learn about new things. I have been there since the website was named as ODesk. However, I was not an active member. Now I have started work on this platform again and receiving good responses from clients. Hoping to have more soon.  

Thank you

582c56a9

Stephanie C

Community Member

Feb 27, 2023 09:34:15 AM

by 

Stephanie C

Good morning!

I joined Upwork to make money. To make money from what I enjoy doing the most, the job I'm most skilled at, the work that keeps me from getting bored. I have over 20 years of experience in technical writing, learning and development, and managing teams. I am a pandemic victim.

Laid off in November 2020 I am still trying to secure full-time work. I struggle every day trying to decide whether I should start my own business, continue freelancing while looking for a full-time job, or compromise my well-being by taking a job just to keep the lights on.

2023 has not been progressing the way I hoped - unexpected deaths, a continued lack of funds, stolen vehicles, and losing friends. Joining Upwork and several of its communities is hope - hope for a better future, a future without compromise nor eviction but one that finally turns the events of the last three years around from struggle to prosperity.

What do other freelancers spend their time on between projects? How do you bid on jobs without compromising your worth? Why do you freelance? Whom do you follow that produces the most value? Where do you work from that turns out your best work? What do you do to keep from getting depressed or to relieve anxiety? These are the things I need to learn from other freelancers.

I have been fortunate to attain a couple of interviews since joining. Had life not interfered, I feel I would have landed one of those opportunities. However, I also think "forces at play" provided interference for a reason. So I will continue to study the platform and the intricacies of how it works. If anyone knows the formula for driving offers toward me and winning bids, please share your expertise with the community (tagging me gets my attention).

Thanks for the ear.

P.S. I sound like I have the Monday blues but I don't. Grammarly shows my confidence, curiousity, and directness indexes to be slightly higher than a kite. I'm not re-writing this post. But I will try again tomorrow (probably in a different community). Jaha 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

af1970

Afzal A

Community Member

Feb 27, 2023 12:56:51 PM

by 

Afzal A

Dear  

Most welcome greeting

I am expert to make PDF, Data Entry, Formatting design Microsoft word , Power point , Microsoft Excel sheet, to stand out from the crowd by repairing formatting, making the layout consistent, and adding colors and pop. I am professional, Friendly and happy to work with clients who needs to great work. I have 25 years computer related jobs experience.

Ø Data entry with fast and professional speed.

Ø Create fill able PDF or excel and Word forms, 

Ø PDF to MS Word or MS Excel, PowerPoint. 

Ø convert your PSD file into Png and JPG, 

Copy paste from PDF into Excel, Word.

Ø Proof reading, report writing, research writing, General office ,Data     

Collection, Data Delivery, Data extraction, Content Audit. 

96311a31
Community Member

RESUME PP.jpg

Hello Everyone 

Am Gideon by name, a resume writer to be precides. Am 25yrs of age looking forward earning some cash and achieving my dreams through freelancing . Am super excited to be part of this lovely community especially as a freelancer. i wont say much though . firstly, l would love to get along with every members of this community. My aim is to achieve communial friendship, not just mere friendship but would rather call it family💓😊 . I would also love to learn from you all cause no knowledeg is a waste indeed 😀 especially on business processes. An finally, i would really love your support despite any area u show, it will be much appreciated. lets get started getting to know ourselve 😊

2258874c
Community Member

Hi, Greetings.  I AbdulBasit an expert content writer here. My motive is for joining this community is to grow on Upwork and help peoples with my services. 

lydia_griffiths
Community Member

Hello,

I joined Upwork in 2021, and have been slowly building my portfolio and writing skills.  I'm excited to join the community and meet other writers. I've learned that being on Upwork is a numbers game. There are a lot of proposals and jobs that don't go anywhere, so you just keep at it.

Me also

Hi everyone
Am wini
I am new to Upwork, I joined Upwork to earn a bit of income from freelance
am data entry specialist and research work. It is delightful to see
everyone's response to encourage growth on the platform . I want to learn
from freelancers, about the mode of conducting business online.thanks
sharp-eyed
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community

I am an experienced independent writer and researcher with a strong background in academic and content writing spaces. I look forward to attaining priceless networks from like-minded freelancers in this community so as to acquire a better understanding of upcoming trends in the freelancing world.

I am also excited to be part of the Upwork community and look forward to mutually beneficial collaborations.

Thanks for having me!

528511a3
Community Member

Greetings, Everyone. 

Please feel free to call me K.

There is ONE thing I wish you all to know.

I can hear any instrumental track, hell, even a measure and I can think of the lyrics of a song. I can be told what the artist wishes to convey and I can write a song. One song at a time. One measure is all I need. I get the inspiration by the artist need, desire and passion for the tract. What do you wish to convey? Tell me what you ar feeling. I CAN create your song. Your poetry.     

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5fbb48ac
Community Member

Hi everyone! New to Upwork here, but have a bit of freelance writing experience under my belt!

I'm looking forward to meeting other freelance writers here!

d3701d7c
Community Member

Thanks for this very relevant information, myself I am new here, still
haven’t gotten any project yet, but I look forward to more positive
encounters. Thanks!

26d40b50
Community Member

HELLO EVERYONE!

I AM DAVIE, A CONTENT CREATOR AND A HUMAN MANAGEMENT ANALYST.

IT'S EXHILARATING JOINING THIS COMMUNITY OF INTELLECTUALS. I HOPE TO LEARN FROM Y'ALL AND POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO THE GROWTH OF THIS ORGANISATION. THANK YOU'ALL FOR YOUR WARM RECEPTION. 

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO AN EXCITING EXPERIENCE HERE.

FINALLY, AS A NEWBIE HERE, I WOULD NEED HELP FOR PROPER NAVIGATION. THANK YOU ONCE MORE. 

BEST WISHES.

448e1445
Community Member

Thank you for the opportunity, Bethany C. I am an SEO expert and Content writer with a great knack for Storytelling. My main niche is Story and eBook writing, while I also specialize in Blog and Article Writing, Copywriting, Email Copywriting, and Script Writing. I am a Rising Talent on Upwork with a 100% JSS. I love learning new things and improving my skills. 

Do go through my Upwork Profile. I am ready to connect and available for work.

Thank you!

Ashia.

Well I ama rising talent upwork freelancer with a basics in sciences,maths
and Geography.will try to help you out once I get a job of your intrest