cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation feedback

Juan Pablo S Member Since: Apr 2, 2018
21 of 24

1) I am not desperate at all to work. Believe me, today I had to outsource half of the things I needed to do to free up some space to do more work. I just want to learn to land work here so I can increase my rate and/or delegate more/make passive income. **Edited for community guidelines**

2) I can invest time in my profile, and even pitching. I do it every day on a very famous job listing page for translators, with very good results. However, I wanted to know first-hand if I could make good business here, and if you guys have had experience working with hot premium clients here, as, so far, my experience on Upwork has been one of lowballers.

3) However, what I cannot invest time in is pitching for people who want to pay you a red coin for your skills, and, evidently, I cannot spend hours and hours working on a project that isn't worth my time just to rank up, as, again, I have enough things to do.

Now, with that cleared: what strategies do you recommend? Can anybody tell me?

Cheers

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
22 of 24

@Juan Pablo S wrote:

1) I am not desperate at all to work. Believe me, today I had to outsource half of the things I needed to do to free up some space to do more work. I just want to learn to land work here so I can increase my rate and/or delegate more/make passive income. **Edited for community guidelines**

2) I can invest time in my profile, and even pitching. I do it every day on a very famous job listing page for translators, with very good results. However, I wanted to know first-hand if I could make good business here, and if you guys have had experience working with hot premium clients here, as, so far, my experience on Upwork has been one of lowballers.

3) However, what I cannot invest time in is pitching for people who want to pay you a red coin for your skills, and, evidently, I cannot spend hours and hours working on a project that isn't worth my time just to rank up, as, again, I have enough things to do.

Now, with that cleared: what strategies do you recommend? Can anybody tell me?

Cheers

As you are having so much success elsewhere, why don't you apply your own strategies to Upwork? As I said, what works for one person does not necesssarily work for another.

Juan Pablo S Member Since: Apr 2, 2018
23 of 24

Well,

1) On the other page, you can answer questions and they will eventually rank you up. Here, there is no ranking up but in relation to the amount of projects you have.

2) That's why my question, again: do I have to rank up by working on low-paying jobs or can I get a 25/35 USD/hour gig here with little to no experience.

3) I have been applying the same techniques, but they are not working to me.

Cheers

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 24

All,

A few posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines and the thread has been closed from further replies as it's gone off topic. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS