🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Unable to close agency profile
Page options
Manish J Community Member

Unable to close agency profile

Hello, 

When I tried to close the agency profile from my account I am unable to process my request and getting 

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from "https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

could you guys please help me with this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Manish, and Nickolay,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles while trying to close the agency. I escalated the error with the team and both of you can expect a support ticket created very soon in order to investigate this further.

Manish, I went ahead and closed your agency.

Nickolay, in order to close your agency, you need to change your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. To update your status, please switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot. Once you are done with that, you can let us know here so that we can go ahead and close your agency.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181
F M Raju A Community Member

Hello Alexandra B,
Hope you are doing well, I am new to the forum. I saw a post you made last year when you were trying to deactivate your agency account. Can you tell me why or for what reason you are canceling your agency account?

I was thinking of starting an agency account. So want to take the experience.+
Thank you

Muhammad D Community Member

I am getting a different issue but same i can't close my agnecy nor can i upgrade it 

it says i am not authorized to manage payment methods of financial account.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Amr R Community Member

I am having the same problem, I did all the required steps but unable to close my agency.

Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Amr,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Victor O Community Member

Hello. I can't close my agency too. I'm getting this error:

Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response: '{"request":"GET \/ods\/offer\/list_contractor\/26371249\/20.json","error":null,"error_code":0,"warning":null,"start_time":1648821192346,"elapsed":0,"no_cache":false,"result":{"data":{"0": .....

It's much longer than this, but I shortened it in case the payload contains sensitive info.

Manoj K Community Member

Unable to close Agency, one job is active in my freelancer account.

When i click on 'Close my agency' button under Settings, always getting the following error:

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from "https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

Please close my agency which should not affect my current freelancer's profile contract

Hi Manoj,

I went ahead and closed your agency. Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket in order to investigate the error you are getting. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
AMJID A Community Member

Unable to close Agency, one job is active in my freelancer account.

When I click on the 'Close my agency' button under Settings, always getting the error given in screen shot
Please close my agency which should not affect my current freelancer's profile contract

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Amjid,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble closing your Agency. One of our agents will be reaching out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Adeel C Community Member

i also same issue in closing my upwork agency profile 

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Adeel,

We've closed your account as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Mrinmoy K Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am not able to close my agency as well. I have already made in Non-Exclusive as yoy suggested

Getting below error-

Hi Mrinmoy,

I went ahead and closed your agency as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Hamda A Community Member

Hello,

The agency's balance will be trasfered to my freelancer's balance when closed?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Hamda,

I am sorry for the late response. I checked and can confirm that by design funds from an agency account will not be transferred to your freelancer account if it is closed. Please withdraw all funds from your agency balance before closing your agency profile. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Cmhworks A Community Member

I have been trying to close our Agency under my freelancer account and it keeps giving me this error. (Please see attached)

Agency Close Error.png

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi there, 

Your agency account has been closed as per your request.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable.  Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sharun A Community Member

I'm trying to close my agency, but I receive the below error

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Sharun,

Your agency profile is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Pratik R Community Member

Hello,

I could not close my agency account. I have added Address into the profile still facing the same issue on when I click Close my agency link. 

Thanks,

Pratik

Hi Pratik,

Your agency profile is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Pratik R Community Member

Thank you very much Goran for your quick support.

On my profile page, still it shows that I am associated with my agency.

Hi Pratik,

I checked your account but was not able to see any agencies showing on your profile. Could you please send me a screenshot from your end via PM (click on my name)? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
K M Ershad H Community Member

Hi,

I have nothing on my agency profile. Yet, I couldnt' close agency account. While clicking the link, redirected me to a  blank page, showing this-

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths