cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Download files from Upwork messages

Highlighted
Tom P Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
1 of 22

My freelancer created some pdf files for me and sent them to me via Upwork messenger. How do I save the file to my own drive? Thanks.

Tom

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 22

Hi Tom,

If you click on the file in Upwork Messages, it'll start downloading. You can then find it in your Downloads folder.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 22

Once you click on a file, you'll be given the option to open or save the file.

I would suggest you make a folder on your hard drive with the project name, and then save the file to that folder. If you open it, you should do a "save as", and give it a name that makes sense to you before saving to your project folder.

Hope this helps.

ETA: Or, what Valeria suggested.

Highlighted
Todd A Member Since: Apr 5, 2019
4 of 22

This is incorrect. If I click on the file my freelancer send me via messages, it opens in a new algora-file-link page with no option to actually "download". It's also a completely lighter color that the image of the file he sent. There is no option to "save" the link. Ridiculous

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 22

Todd A wrote:

This is incorrect. If I click on the file my freelancer send me via messages, it opens in a new algora-file-link page with no option to actually "download". It's also a completely lighter color that the image of the file he sent. There is no option to "save" the link. Ridiculous

Todd - in your message room there is a file list like the first screenshot - right click on the file icon and the choose the file you want to download (see second screenshot). Right click on the file icon or name, and you'll get a submenu with a "save link as" option (last screenshot).

From there navigate to wherever you want to save it, and download. See if that works for you.

FILE LISTFILE LISTCHOOSE THE FILE YOU WANT.CHOOSE THE FILE YOU WANT.

SAVE LINK WHEREVERSAVE LINK WHEREVER

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 22

Todd A wrote:

Sorry if I misunderstood re my latest post ... I'm assuming you're doing this from a computer and not the app.

Highlighted
Jackson M Member Since: Aug 5, 2018
7 of 22

how do i retrieve my freelncers files from upwork messages

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
8 of 22

Hi Jackson,

Please go to Upwork messages, select which freelancer sent you the file and start downloading. It will show up on your downloads folder.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Highlighted
Todd H Member Since: Oct 5, 2018
9 of 22

Hi, did this functionality get dropped? Everytime I click on an image in Messenger it opens it in an aws browser where this is no option to download.

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 22

@Todd H wrote:

Hi, did this functionality get dropped? Everytime I click on an image in Messenger it opens it in an aws browser where this is no option to download.

If you right-click on an image, you should get a menu with options ... have you tried that?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS