Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
61 of 2,045

1) Fill in the missing words...

"This is a media ****** class where I am required to write a 4-6 page paper on an ******* dilemma that is related to media. Here is what all must be included.

So s/he wants a class paper written for them. The subject (missing words)?

ethics / ethical

Smiley Frustrated

2) and for the higher end of the market:

"We are looking for someone to extract a 10-15 page peer reviewed article from a 250 page dissertation in the next 8 hours."

Hiow long does it take to properly read a 250 page dissertation, let alone write about it?...

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
62 of 2,045

the words 'media ethics' certainly aren't something you'd generally associate with online work!

Unless you added 'lack of' to the sentence of course! Smiley LOL

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
63 of 2,045

If the definition of 'ethics' is loosened to include 'situation ethics', then there may not be any contradiction in paying someone to write a term paper on ethics. Cat Tongue

(situation ethics in the loosest sense might imply that it's only cheating if you get caught)

64 of 2,045

I mentioned this job offer to my partner, who had an entirely different perspective: suppose this is a 'sting' of sorts, and the 'client' has no intention of actually hiring anyone to write their paper, but is only soliciting applications as part of research for the paper? I'm not sure that would be entirely ethical, but law enforcement does this all the time in the US, anyway, taking on false online personalities to apprehend would be cyber criminals.

Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
65 of 2,045

John,

we're nervous enough on here recently about what we should or shouldn't apply for and what the implications might be...now you've just added another dimension   Smiley Frustrated

yitwail
Community Guru
66 of 2,045

Stephen,

Sorry, I was just trying to cover all the bases. Try visualizing whirled peas.

67 of 2,045
Or odesk itself starts creating unethical jobs to check that everyone adheres to its guidelines?
sarapiovesan
Ace Contributor
Sara P Member Since: Jul 22, 2010
68 of 2,045

@Stephen B wrote:

2) and for the higher end of the market:

"We are looking for someone to extract a 10-15 page peer reviewed article from a 250 page dissertation in the next 8 hours."

Hiow long does it take to properly read a 250 page dissertation, let alone write about it?...

They might be very small pages...

Smiley Tongue

Probably 250 Post-it notes

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
69 of 2,045

This was actually self-promotion in the jobs section, but it made me laugh...

I have perfomed mystery shppoing( public transport) and have god command of english
yitwail
Community Guru
70 of 2,045

Just found advert for Writing Ambassador--that's possibly a euphemism for  writing English papers for Chinese students. (Writing ambassador sounds better than academic ghostwriter)

Some of the applicants are interesting, but they're all listed as 'Initiated by Client'--2 of them are programmer/developer types--I guess they're polymaths.