🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Please, review my profile
Page options
necarelin
Community Member

Please, review my profile

Hello! I started freelancing last August and it went really well for a while, I didn't need to buy connects because people would mostly answer my applications. 

I had a few hard clients, who gave me bad reviews, just because I would say no to doing a job, which wasn't described in the contract, or I would refuse to continue working on the project with unreasonable expectations, even though I was always polite in conversations and give multiple chooses to a client, before refusing to do something. 

Now I hat to buy connects a few times, but I don't get answers for my applications even when I boost them. I am ready to give up on Upwork.

I can't find a job even though I am flexible with prices and have strong skills in my field. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017e2daf508e39d928

Thank you! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Vira, the 2.75 star rating for the last job you completed is probably turning away some clients, so boosting proposals probably won't influence those clients. Is there a chance you could upload as a portfolio piece something you created for that job? That might show clients that the rating was unfair. You do have a job in progress where the client gave you a 5 star rating, but that won't be visible at first glance until the job is completed and the client leaves a final rating. If you're on good terms with that client, you might ask them if they're willing to close the job, then rehire you as need be. That way, the 2.75 star job won't be the first one clients see.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yitwail
Community Member

Vira, the 2.75 star rating for the last job you completed is probably turning away some clients, so boosting proposals probably won't influence those clients. Is there a chance you could upload as a portfolio piece something you created for that job? That might show clients that the rating was unfair. You do have a job in progress where the client gave you a 5 star rating, but that won't be visible at first glance until the job is completed and the client leaves a final rating. If you're on good terms with that client, you might ask them if they're willing to close the job, then rehire you as need be. That way, the 2.75 star job won't be the first one clients see.

I think this really helped her ...

Checked her profile now and she's doing well already 😊

A thank youuu to all those who take time to give support to other freelancers on the platform

Not really. I changed some stuff, and the last client left a feedback, still no new responses, JSS didn't change. I have no new projects for the last three months, used 120+ connections to apply to new  projets - nothing.

here is my portfolio: https://necarelin.artstation.com

pretty strong, considering I apply to different jobs, also with 10-15 usd hourly rate or low fixed prices.

necarelin
Community Member

Yes, I guess I should do it. I didn't want to disturb the client but I have to. Thank you!

necarelin
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017e2daf508e39d928?p=1536608738840788992

I posted the work and described the situation. Feels good. I really regret that I didn't write it in feedback on the client, hoping he wouldn't spoil my score...

c31504f3
Community Member

Vira, your case is really interesting to hear about.
Thank you for sharing!

I hope it helps, though not sure in which way 🙂