🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Tips for writing proposals
Page options
iqbal-suleman
Community Member

Tips for writing proposals

Can any expert tell me about how to write a proposal in upwork that wins job ?

Below is the sample of my previous proposal:

Dear Hiring Manager,

My name is Suleman Iqbal & I am a professional logo designer with over 4 years of experience. I have attached some of my logo designs & client testimonials.

Visit my profile, You will find me best fit to bring help to your company.

I can assure you few things:

1. I will communicate clearly and work extremely fast.
2. I am willing to do unlimited revisions until you are fully satisfied.
3. I will ensure that this project ends in a good manner.

Let's find an appropriatie time to disccus about the project & budget.

Thanks for your precious time to consider my proposal.

Best Regards,
Suleman Iqbal

9 REPLIES 9
spiderbyte87
Community Member

Copy-paste wont cut it. You need to write each proposal customized to the job you're proposing to! There are some parts that you can re-use, but if your proposal is just generic the client will know IMMEDIATELY!!

Hi Aaron H,

Thanks for your comment. But the sample letter which I have posted in not copy-paste. I wrote it by myself customizely. I take almost 20 minutes to read the job description,their previous work history and their average hourly rate and then I apply with customize proposal.

Thanks

Suleman

codersaiful_com
Community Member

See this thread, It will be helpful.

Never use copy paste cover letter from online sample cover letter. Try to write simply in short description.

Thanks

~ Saiful, Upwork Freelancer
Be honest, works will looking for you.
stencil_media
Community Member

Never offer unlimited revisions, as one day somebody will take full advantage of that. So unless you truly wouldn't mind tweaking something every waking hour for the rest of your life, for no additional pay, best to lose that part and specify a finite amount of revisions. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Thanks Scott, For your opinion.

You are right Scott.

Of course, Scott, you know I disagree.  I've been offering revisions until clients are happy for a decade.  I've never had anyone take advantage that I can recall.  Of course... I'm nearly perfect.  

stencil_media
Community Member

To echo what the other guys have said... we can only provide you with an appropriate cover letter if you provide the contents of the job listing. A cut and paste proposal won't cut it, as it needs to be tailored to the specific project.

The thing is, you're not allowed to post job listings in the forums, so this isn't going to happen. And the best person to give advise on writing a proposal for a specific job, is probably the person who is most likely to be awarded that specific job... so if they give you advice on how to win the project, then they themselves would then be less likely to be awarded that project!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Right Scott !!