🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Welcome to the Designers & Creatives group at...
Page options
d415060d
Community Member

Welcome to the Designers & Creatives group at Upwork!

This is a place for you to collaborate, share your knowledge, and talk about advances and trending topics in the industry. Please take some time to look around, get acquainted with some of your peers, and let us know how we can help. As you explore the group, be sure to read through the Community Group FAQ, designed to help you with your success and safety on the platform.

Remember, this is a community created by and for Upwork members, where you can ask questions, share experiences, and explore opportunities. If you have any questions feel free to start a new topic.

We’re excited to have you with us!

133 REPLIES 133
ahmadsameerch99
Community Member

Hello Bethany, 

I would always love to read FAQs,  share my knowledge, and learn. 

Thanks
Ahmad Sameer

Ahmad S.
d5394259
Community Member

Hello!
      My name is Ren Xiaojiao and I'm from China. My profile in upwork is 100% complete and I have uploaded my work, and I have written stories for my work. And, I recently finished the upwork Academy course. However, I have written a lot of proposals and none of them have won, which makes me confused. I'm an interior designer, but on top of upwork, I haven't received a single design order.Can anyone tell me? I clicked on the coach section, and clicked on the share case button. I don't know how to get in touch with the coach.

8f521c43
Community Member

Hi Ren!  I would be happy to take a look at your profile but it's marked as private - could you make it public?

7f893728
Community Member

this creative group is great I can  be able to share thoughts and also see solutions to some ideas.

laubach-lisa
Community Member

Thank you. I am wondering if anyone has any good ideas to land jobs for book illustration- 

I've updated my profile and I have also gone through some of the academy courses to write better proposals, but I just don't seem to have luck at the moment.

bd5c8d0a
Community Member

Hello Bethany,

Thanks for this noble initiative that gives Designers & Creatives groups a platform to share,showcase and grow in regard to what they do best.

Victor M.

580eab9b
Community Member

Hello Bethany, 

I would like to say I am a graphic designer and content creator so if you need anything feel free to contact me. 

Thanks 

Thanks, Bethany!
Glad to be part of this wonderful Community.

Can you/anyone tell me the top tools for a graphic designer? Thanks.

Hey Yuvarajan,

Adobe Creative Suite. It depends on what you want to design. Vector graphics Illustrator, pixel graphics Photoshop.

Hey Zoltan K,
Thanks for responding. I am sorry for the late reply; I was traveling.

But; all the tools you mentioned are Adobe products.

My doubt is, what software will you use to create lightweight images for web pages?

You can use CorelDRAW. Lightweight images like PNG etc can be exported once you're through with your design

Hello 

I think from freepik or Shutterstock and then you can design web design on Adobe XD.

shahzadawan8589
Community Member

It's amazing to be a part of this group. thanks Bethany

9573c2be
Community Member

Hi to everyone!

Thank you, Bethany, for this thread.

Hope can land a project here, before all my connects consumed, as i am new here.

akhter_faharia
Community Member

Hey guys!
Just found the group! I hope together we can learn new design-related creative things!!!

5055d491
Community Member

Hey Bethany

Great initiative 

i can share my skills and get noticed by the community and many other people also like me who are new could get facilitated

de9e1579
Community Member

Hi Bethany,

How much will we charge for a design on average? 

Example: CV, Logos, Flyers, Etc.

It depends on your experience level. I was advised by another designer that for an intermediate level (I'm one), our rates should be at least $25/hour. For expert level, I think rates should be at least around $75 or $100/hour and for beginners, rates must be not be lower than $15/hour.

jmdortega
Community Member

Hi Bethany,

I have just joined this group. I'm a graphic designer and am happy to meet and collaborate with fellow designers here at Upwork. And also to exchange information so we can learn from one another.

daniels-susan
Community Member

I tried to access the Community Group FAQ page which took me to a Google Docs but could not access it without asking for permission to view. Unfortunately, I use a different email address for Google than I do for Upwork so I don't know if I will get permission to view the Group FAQ. Thanks for any clarification you can send my way. Best, Susan

Hi Susan and welcome.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll notify the mods about the Community Group FAQ link not working.

c58485ea
Community Member

I am Renaud Freelancer from Benin. Degree in Linguistics. I received a lot of training in translation in general. I am a potential and diligent translator. I have skills in general translation, proofreading, proofreading and writing articles. I am looking for work and work. I do in translation and writing. I am more specialized in translation with more than 6 languages to my credit already 5 years of experience. Thank you

2c506072
Community Member

Good day everyone 

thank you Bethany for this thread 

c1c9191c
Community Member

Hello everyone!

Thank you Bethany for this group! This is a great place to discuss your experience and share your knowledge.

My name is Aleksandra and I have been a Residental Interior Designer for over 3 years. I design in Boho, Industrial, Loft and Modern styles. I love creating inspirational mood boards and 3D Renders for my clients to show them what their dream space might look like. 

Feel free to text me if you have any questions about interior design or my projects or if you want to collaborate with me.

Regards,

Aleksandra

eb43016d
Community Member

Hello!

Thanks for your post, Bethany. 🙂 
My name is Alexandra and I have been working with website design and development since 1996 and visual design since 2008. 
I’m located in Portugal and I offer services nationally and internationally, fully remote but keen to network with local or international English spoken talent. 
Feel free to visit **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I appreciate all the feedback.
The services I include are complete and custom website design and development, website redesigns or rebuilds, and active website maintenance or management for existing websites.
I love simple design approaches, usability, and good typography. I value the way design and photography improve communication, change perceptions, and trigger emotions.
Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Thank you!

atkrecall2
Community Member

HI,

Everyone 

This is Abhijit,

with up work for almost two years now.

Please cehck my profile and provide me some feedback to improve my portfolio and anything that you suggest wil be helpfull.

Thankyou all.

2c32aaef
Community Member

This Group is great, all professional designers will connect here and share their knowledge and will get full understanding Upwork's Knowledge.

bsakib586
Community Member

HI,

Everyone 

This is Sakib. I have been wroking with upwork for almost 6 years now.

Please cehck my profile and provide me some feedback to improve my portfolio and anything that you suggest wil be helpfull.

Thankyou all.

9b688af9
Community Member

I am here beginner here at up work how can I improve my skill .

kreativekingdom
Community Member

Hi Everyone !
I am a 3d artist and  motion designer from India. If you look around my portfolio you will find 3d design and animation projects all over. I use Blender and Unreal engne for all my projects, I also love to do after effects projects as well. I am into this industry some around 10 years ago and now completely looking forward to work soleley on upwork. 
I request to all of you guys, please watch my portfolio and suggest me what best can I do with it C &C welcomed.

Best Regards,
M. Saud Siddiqui

rommelponferrada
Community Member

Hi there, I am Rommel, I have been working with upwork for 6 years as a 2D Flash Animator.

1c326ec8
Community Member

Greeting Bethancy c!

That's a great initiative by you. We all would be able to communicate with our fellows and that would be good for all designers. 

Thanks

Community Member

Am glad to be here..  my pleasure.  Thank you 

4745399f
Community Member

Hi,

Very good idea, it's very helpfull.

Thankyou.

4745399f
Community Member

Hi,

Please someone tell me how to get connection and give full deatail about connection. If there any free connection.

Hi @Mohammed Thamby Fatmia ,

what do you mean connection?

rachel-sachs
Community Member

I didn't know this group existed, glad I stumbled upon it today! Hi everyone, I'm Rachel, a professional illustrator and concept artist. I've been on upwork about 2 years now and gotten to work on some pretty cool projects already. I love illustrating everything from video games, childrens books, concept art for stories and animation, posters, etc. I'm open for connections or general art talk too! 

f1785f8c
Community Member

Hi,

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Malcolm. I joined Upwork not too long ago. I went to school for Digital Media & Design; I edit video, audio engineer and do some graphic design work as well. If you have any feedback, tips or anything that you would like to share, feel free to reach out.

Thanks

767d6e01
Community Member

Am glad to be here.

2483560a
Community Member

Bethany thank you for the group. Although I've been designing for my own businesses digital marketing, I'm looking to transition into the field full time and hope I can gain more knowledge and share some as well.