🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
K p A Community Member

Hey help me, even I'm facing this problem ,I think it's bcoz my first name in my bank a/c is 'K P' but in my UpWork it's 'Kp' . I have changed my first name to 'K p' in UpWork , it's showing your name change request is under review.

Will this help in solving my problem.
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Kp,

Please allow up to 3 days for your name change request to be reviewed. Once this the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Miguel G Community Member

HI! I have the same problem!

I tried to fill my Get Paid method but the error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. " appeared.

My PayPal account and my Upwork account have the same name. I dont understand what is happening.

Your help will be appreciated!

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Miguel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Jacqueline R Community Member

Hi, My name is Jacqueline Redondo. My payment details is Paypal and the name there is Jacqueline Mariano Redondo and I am getting a prompt saying "The beneficiary name is mismatched". Do I have to change my name to match my Paypal? I am confused. 

Hi Jacqueline,

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and also needs to match the name on your payment method as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, so I should change my Upwork name into the name on my Paypal? to match them? can I do that? thanks

Hi Jacqueline,

Yes you can submit a name change request at any time by going to Settings > Contact Info and updating your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay. Thank you so much for your help 🙂
Brian D Community Member

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue in my account, the names and the emails in Upwork and PayPal are the same, but still deactivated. What can I do?

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Brian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Milan L Community Member

same prob, it is showing but my name is same

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Milan,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Nurochim R Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account

My full name is just one word, Nurochim.
it not have last name, but in account freelance is it a must to have last name.

and my bank account name is just as simple as my name, used only one word

Your assistance will be creatly aprreciated

Thank you!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Nurochim,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Diego C Community Member

HI, I have been using the same paypal account for upwork for a while now but I had to update my credit card and now Im experiencing an issue with name match, how can I fix this?
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Diego,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Rajalingam A Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Hi Rajalingam,

I followed up with the team and the name mismatch was already resolved. However, you need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Petro Eliud M Community Member

I have the same problem, same profile names on both paypal and upwork but the mismatch keep on popping out. Please help
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Petro,

Please allow 3 days for our team to review. If our team requires more information from you, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks i will be waiting

Still not working

Hi Petro,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. One of our agents already reached out via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Raaid K Community Member

My Upwork Account name is Raaid **Edited for Community Guidelines** and my Bank account name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I got "The beneficiary name is mismatched" then I have updated my Upwork name Raaid **Edited for Community Guidelines** to **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it shows your updated changes are in review so, let me know after changes Payment method will approve or not?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members